Our weather here is messed

Willow
Willow Posts: 10,994
edited March 2007 in The Clubhouse
Check it out

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/cities/can/pages/CAON0512.htm?ref=wxeyewxst#shortTerm

Last weekend that just went by, we were just at freezing mark, over the course of one week Sat -Sat we will have gone from +1C to -36C(with wind chill) to +4C....darn that's messed up
Post edited by Willow on

Comments

• janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited March 2007
    Talked to my brother ouside of Toronto yesterday and he said it took him over an hour to drive a distance that normally takes 15 minutes. Up and down like that is a mess for sure. Hang tough there Willow.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited March 2007
    It'll help keep the ponds frozen for hockey!
    Carl

• janmike
    edited March 2007
    Carl, have you been to the rink to watch Crosby play?
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • schwarcw
    edited March 2007
    Yes I have several times last year, just once so far this year. He is amazing to watch him move and handle a puck. Evgeni Malkin is also an amazingly talented player. He is all over the ice. Both of these players are just kids:eek: This team will be something very special in a couple of years. I also watched Mario over his entire career. Lot's of good hockey!

If they can keep this team in town!

Carl
    Carl

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2007
    Well we went from the 60s here to the 20s. . . plus two weeks ago gas was $2.07 per gallon and today at the same gas station it is $2.43 WTF!!! Oh yeah that's right the election is over.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited March 2007
    schwarcw wrote:
    Yes I have several times last year, just once so far this year. He is amazing to watch him move and handle a puck. Evgeni Malkin is also an amazingly talented player. He is all over the ice. Both of these players are just kids:eek: This team will be something very special in a couple of years. I also watched Mario over his entire career. Lot's of good hockey!

If they can keep this team in town!

Carl
    Jordan Staal is not a bad little addition to the Pens either.We miss him here on our Jr A team the Petes.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited March 2007
    Thats way to cold for me.
  • janmike
    edited March 2007
    Keeping the team there is the BIG question.
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • schwarcw
    edited March 2007
    GV#27 wrote:
    Jordan Staal is not a bad little addition to the Pens either.We miss him here on our Jr A team the Petes.

I like him too! The Pens have some real nice young players. Like I was saying, in a few years when these guys get a little seasoning, this could be a very special team.

I hope they're still in Pittsburgh.

Carl
    Carl

• hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    schwarcw wrote:
    I like him too! The Pens have some real nice young players. Like I was saying, in a few years when these guys get a little seasoning, this could be a very special team.

I hope they're still in Pittsburgh.

Carl

The Pens will win a cup before these woeful Flyers!
  • G-2
    G-2 Posts: 533
    edited March 2007
    Yea, totally freezing here, got down to 51 last night BRRRRRRRR! Seriously, you guys up North keep warm!
    Home Theater
    Chane
    A3rx-c's, A2rc-c, A1rx-c's|Miller & Kreisel V-125's|Sony XBR65X810C 65" 4K LED TV|
    Earthquake Cinenova Grande-5|Pioneer Elite - VSX-84TXSi-AVR|TRIPPLITE LCR2400|
    Ultrasonic Amp Stand|Blue Jeans,Audioquest,Monster Cables|

2 - Channel
    Polk
    RTA 12c's w/RDO194 TWEETS, clarity ESA caps mills resistors (full mod)|Turntable|
    Anthem MCA 2|Acurus Act 3 Pre Pro|Parasound P/Ph 100|Pioneer Elite N-30|Adcom GDA600|
    Premier Rack|Blue Jeans,Audioquest,Monster Cables|
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited March 2007
    Right now in Boston it is 7 degrees with a wind chill that makes it feel like -9! Winds are sometimes blowing up to 40mph.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited March 2007
    G-2 wrote:
    Yea, totally freezing here, got down to 51 last night BRRRRRRRR! Seriously, you guys up North keep warm!

that reminds of my friend who moved to Tampa a few years ago. He came back to Minnesota for a week during the fall when it was in the 60's. He was fricken complaining the whole time how cold it was...had a coat on and everything..

Meanwhile the rest of us are in t-shirts and shorts wondering wtf?:D
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • Systems
    edited March 2007
    The Pens will win a cup before these woeful Flyers!
    No doubt the Pens will be a force the next few years but the Flyers will get some help next year from another young guy who played Jr here Steve Downie.Flyers fans are going to love him.:)

Unfortunately I heard today that Mario may move the team to KC.:(
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited March 2007
    82 in Tucson right now. My girls soccer team is going to be playing in Phoenix this weekend. I'm figuring it'll be around 90 up there on game days.

I'll hear some grumbling about that. :rolleyes:
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • schwarcw
    edited March 2007
    GV#27 wrote:
    Unfortunately I heard today that Mario may move the team to KC.:(

Probably a negotiation ploy, but he's got to deal with Pittsburgh city officials and Gov. Ed Rendell. Dealing with these guys is sad. Rendell is so sleazy, he's worse than an eBay scammer!:eek:

Carl
    Carl

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited March 2007
    schwarcw wrote:

Carl

New York, New York, it's a hell of a town

How's the weather there Carl?
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • schwarcw
    edited March 2007
    Cold and windy! 5 inches of snow tonight. Who needs this ****!

Carl
    Carl

• tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited March 2007
    schwarcw wrote:
    Cold and windy! 5 inches of snow tonight. Who needs this ****!

Carl

Carl, are you forgetting the 50 degree weather we had all december:p .

Appearently Rendall is talking to the NHL to force the pens to stay in pittsburgh. He says the deal can't get much better for both sides. I still hate the ****, but I hope he succeeds.

Heres a good deal, get rid of the pirates! You can't get much worse than 15 years below .500:eek:
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • schwarcw
    edited March 2007
    tommyboy wrote:
    Heres a good deal, get rid of the pirates! You can't get much worse than 15 years below .500:eek:

Tom, their luck has got to change! LOL!;)

At least I can afford to take my family to the Pirate games. Hockey tickets cost much, much more! If it weren't for my company's season tickets, I might never see a Penguin's game live. You've got a student ID, you should be able to pick up the "student" deal tickets. Have you been to any games this season? I'd borrow your ID if I could look 30 years younger LOL!

Carl
    Carl

• tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited March 2007
    schwarcw wrote:
    Tom, their luck has got to change! LOL!;)

At least I can afford to take my family to the Pirate games. Hockey tickets cost much, much more! If it weren't for my company's season tickets, I might never see a Penguin's game live. You've got a student ID, you should be able to pick up the "student" deal tickets. Have you been to any games this season? I'd borrow your ID if I could look 30 years younger LOL!

Carl

I've gone down to the arena about 4 times, but have only gotten in once. If you have been to a game lately, the student rush line pretty much goes around the whole arena. We had to get there around 4:00 (game starts at 7:30) to get in. Before the lockout, we used to get there at 7:15 and walk right in...
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • Systems
    edited March 2007
    schwarcw wrote:
    Rendell is so sleazy, he's worse than an eBay scammer!:eek:

Carl
    Whats this ,you mean to say there are some sleazy politicians.:D

Hopefully it is just a ploy and they get a deal worked out.That team is headed for a lot of on ice success.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited March 2007
    Here's what I'm looking at over the next 10 days.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/92646

Needless to say, I'm happy.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    schwarcw wrote:
    Probably a negotiation ploy, but he's got to deal with Pittsburgh city officials and Gov. Ed Rendell. Dealing with these guys is sad. Rendell is so sleazy, he's worse than an eBay scammer!:eek:

Carl

Heeeeeyyyyyy, Rendell is a good man even though he is a democrate!!! LOL

AAAAhhhhhhaaaaa so you are another Philly basher like my good buddy GG!!! :p LOL

Guaranteed, if he doesn't want the Pens to move, they aren't going anywhere.
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited March 2007
    It got up to 75 here in Nashville today. I just hope it stays like this for my spring break. It is crazy that TN is getting this kind of weather in March-Usually this is when our worst winter weather appears
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    ledhed wrote:
    It got up to 75 here in Nashville today. I just hope it stays like this for my spring break. It is crazy that TN is getting this kind of weather in March-Usually this is when our worst winter weather appears

What's it go down to the mid 60s?? LOL!!!
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited March 2007
    What's it go down to the mid 60s?? LOL!!!

The bad weather usually comes in March. January is the coldest for average temps but 75 in the first week of March is crazy.
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    ledhed wrote:
    The bad weather usually comes in March. January is the coldest for average temps but 75 in the first week of March is crazy.

Yep, 60 degrees here in March is an abnormality for the first couple of days in March.