We are buying our second house

2»

Comments

• markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited March 2007
    Good luck tonight Willow. Remember, no matter how nice your home is, it won't appeal to everyone. So, don't get dejected when the realtor gets comments that aren't positive back from the showing.

Oh, one other thing, did you add some fresh caulk in bathrooms and kitchen?
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    edited March 2007
    markmarc wrote:
    Oh, one other thing, did you add some fresh caulk in bathrooms and kitchen?

thanks, and No we won't worry if someone else doesn't like it.
    As far as the Bathroom, I regrouted the tiles and the kitchen didn't need any.
  • Willow
    edited March 2007
    Our house is conditionally sold. We also got what we wanted. !! :D
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited March 2007
    Congrats Willow. Things work out in the end.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited March 2007
    Great news Willow, now find the new place or panic will set in.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2007
    Right ON!!! Congrats, I'm happy for ya. Now don't just buy anything!
  • Willow
    edited March 2007
    Right ON!!! Congrats, I'm happy for ya. Now don't just buy anything!

Thanks every one, about buying anything. That will not happen ! we know what we want, we will not settle just cause !
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited March 2007
    Willow wrote:
    Thanks every one, about buying anything. That will not happen ! we know what we want, we will not settle just cause !
    I know how that is. We passed on many great houses just because they didn't have a big enough space for my HT. :)
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    Sami wrote:
    I know how that is. We passed on many great houses just because they didn't have a big enough space for my HT. :)

Ditto.
  • markmarc
    edited March 2007
    My wife and I are renting an apt. while we wait for the right house. The only problem here in Portland is that basements are virtually non-existant.
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
  • Willow
    edited March 2007
    So there is the model we want. The issue is we would need to replace the counter tops (ugly as hell) same goes with the cupboard doors. There is a half wall we would need to remove and put up a railing. change the main railing in the house and paint.
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    Willow wrote:
    The issue is we would need to replace the counter tops (ugly as hell) same goes with the cupboard doors.

LOL, when we were looking at homes one of the things that really baffled us was how people could decorate their homes in such ugly decore . . . one mans rose is another mans thorn I guess.
  • Willow
    edited March 2007
    found out after work our house is now SOLD ! Yipee...Now we are still looking for a house. Our realtor says usually around easter lots of houses come up on the market ! Can't wait !
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    Willow wrote:
    found out after work our house is now SOLD ! Yipee...Now we are still looking for a house. Our realtor says usually around easter lots of houses come up on the market ! Can't wait !

Great news Bro, good luck on the new abode, I'll shoot one up for you tonight.
  • Willow
    edited April 2007
    Well last Friday, we went to see 4 houses in a row. We walked in to the last one, not even past the Foyer did we fall in love with it. It is just a yr old.
    Last night we received the final stamp of approval from the bank regarding the mortgage, tonight is the inspection. (it just recently had it's 1yr inspection). The only issue is we have to be out of our place the 27 June and right now the closing date on our new house is 12 July. Thank god my parents are gone sailing for 3 months this summer. If we can't get them to move up the closing date (they are waiting on a new house to be built) we will have this company drop off big storage bins and we pack them they pick them up store them and drop them off at the new house on the 12 July.

Below is the floor plan. It's 2015 sqft with 4 bdrms
  • markmarc
    edited April 2007
    Willow:
    Make sure with that staircase design you can easily get furniture up the stairs. When that style of home was being built in my old neighborhood (we sold a few months ago) everyday people had furniture on display on their driveways just because they couldn't manuver it up the steps.

Second thought, since you live far enough north, I would see if people with that design have had to deal with frozen pipes since most of the pipes go against an outside wall.

Just a few thoughts.
    2 Ch. System
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    Willow wrote: »
    Well last Friday, we went to see 4 houses in a row. We walked in to the last one, not even past the Foyer did we fall in love with it. It is just a yr old.
    Last night we received the final stamp of approval from the bank regarding the mortgage, tonight is the inspection. (it just recently had it's 1yr inspection). The only issue is we have to be out of our place the 27 June and right now the closing date on our new house is 12 July. Thank god my parents are gone sailing for 3 months this summer. If we can't get them to move up the closing date (they are waiting on a new house to be built) we will have this company drop off big storage bins and we pack them they pick them up store them and drop them off at the new house on the 12 July.

Below is the floor plan. It's 2015 sqft with 4 bdrms

Congrat Bro, I am really happy for you. What Marc said about the pipes in a really important issue to check out. We don't live in an area that gets as cold as where you are but all of our outside water pipes or pipes that run on outside walls have shut-off valves and bleed drains so that during the winter the pipes won't expand with frozen water and burst.

Good Luck and may God always Bless your home.
  • Willow
    edited April 2007
    Done deal, we bought the house and were able to get a move in date on the 03 July. So we stay at my dad's from the 27 June till 3 July not bad at all. Now to start packing.......
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    Done deal, we bought the house and were able to get a move in date on the 03 July. So we stay at my dad's from the 27 June till 3 July not bad at all. Now to start packing.......

Congrats . . . now I must announce this: LET THE FUN BEGIN!!!! I promise you if you don't keep a "fun attitude" about the rest of this process it can lead to some stressful twisted stomach feelings. Just remember Rome wasn't built in a day and you love your wife and everything will work out fine. Good Stuff Brother.:)
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited April 2007
    Congrats JF!!!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Willow
    edited April 2007
    Thanks Cathy, we are very happy. It's almost everything we wanted and then some.
  • Willow
    edited June 2007
    Well, it is but not for me. On Saturday, we were packing. We borrowed one o those infdoor A/C unite. I was on my way to bting it back . All of a sudden I felt it. There went my back! My herniatef disks were acting up. I went to a Dr yesterday. So I'm on anti-inflamatory, muscle realxers and some pain meds. So my wife will be loadimg the boxes. Friends are coming over after work to help out. Right now I'm out of it due to meds.
    On top of this we found out 3 weeks ago the my mo-in-law has cancer to which she is being oprerated on today as well. So once this is all done, I'm going to do something special for my wife. So now we wait till next Tuesday to move into our new place.
    I feel bad that's I am not helping out, but meg is spazing so much that I can't walk very long or sit. So I'm trying to type lying down.
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2007
    Well, it is but not for me. On Saturday, we were packing. We borrowed one o those infdoor A/C unite. I was on my way to bting it back . All of a sudden I felt it. There went my back! My herniatef disks were acting up. I went to a Dr yesterday. So I'm on anti-inflamatory, muscle realxers and some pain meds. So my wife will be loadimg the boxes. Friends are coming over after work to help out. Right now I'm out of it due to meds.
    On top of this we found out 3 weeks ago the my mo-in-law has cancer to which she is being oprerated on today as well. So once this is all done, I'm going to do something special for my wife. So now we wait till next Tuesday to move into our new place.
    I feel bad that's I am not helping out, but meg is spazing so much that I can't walk very long or sit. So I'm trying to type lying down.

I get that same guilt feeling when I see my wife doing the "mans" work around the house because I can't move due to back problems.

Things will get better. We are praying for you and your MIL.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited June 2007
    I hope you get better fast. Make sure to tell your wife how much you appreciate and love her. Order some flowers also. Her appreciation will make you feel a little better.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Willow
    edited June 2007
    She know's how much I appreciate it. I just feel like an A$$ cause it's my stuff people are moving.
    So we are staying at my dad's place for the week. I didn't bother hooking up one of stereos. So we must listen to Bose. This is the first time were I can sit and listen to it. Wow is all I have to say. I think my 250$ computer speakers from Altec sound just as good if not better.

So as of about 5pm the whole house will be packed, cept what we boruhg to my dads and what we need for a week. I hope I feel better by next Tuesday when we get the keys. I took that whole week off even before I hurt my back. I'm going to buy that cordless electric lawn mower.
    I doubt I'll be going back to work this week, I'm better today compared to yesterday but not good enough.
    As for my mo-in-law, her surgery went well. My wife has to go pick her up tomorrow.
    The only great thing is that tomorrow we get our $$ from the sale of our old house.
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited June 2007
    Early B. wrote: »
    Don't worry about having two mortgages. If it happens for a month or two, so be it. If you want a new house, just go buy one. Focus on the goal (i.e., getting a new house), not on the problems you MAY encounter in the process of achieving your goal.

I have never read worse advice in my entire life!