The Corrs

Paul Connor
Paul Connor Posts: 231
edited August 2002 in Music & Movies
Is anyone familiar with a group called The Corrs? My brother just sent me a copy of Live in Dublin. Great vocals and Celtic influence. There is a cover of Ruby Tuesday with Ron Wood that is awsome.
Post edited by Paul Connor on

Comments

• trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited August 2002
    The corrs are good.
    3 sisters and a brother from Ireland I believe.
    They can be heard on "when stars turn blue" with Bono singing co-lead.
    Catch the video sometime, pretty good looking gals.

-Luc
  • shelling
    shelling Posts: 4
    edited August 2002
    The Corrs: Live at the Royal Albert Hall is one of my favorite concert DVDs. It was recorded on St. Patrick's Day and features Mick Fleetwood on drums for a few songs.

Corrs DVD
  • burdette
    burdette Posts: 1,194
    edited August 2002
    I bought a Corr's CD after seeing them perform on SNL a couple of years ago.. ****.. probably 3-4 years ago now. I like the CD and like the music, but was pretty disappointed in one respect - on SNL, they **rocked**... some great instrumental solos, etc. The version on the CD was more laid back and no solos. Those sisters are all hotties.. can't imagine growing up next to their house....

Had the same problem with Wilco. Saw them locally (in a very small venue) about 6 years ago. They blew the place away and brought the walls down. Bought the CD (A.M.) and it was like.. they were AC/DC in concert, John Tesh on the disc. Again, I like the CD.. but it is very different.

They're coming back again in September, but I now have kids and one of them isn't great with a babysitter (yet) for that long... so we're skipping it.

We were talking here at work about how many artists/bands still tour and do these small clubs and venues. They can't need the money and these places couldn't pay much anyway.. we think it is just them doing what they love. Co-worker saw Tom Jones and also Cheap Trick (not at the same time) at a place locally that couldn't hold more than a couple of hundred people and you're dancing right next to the stage.
  • caseymou
    caseymou Posts: 327
    edited August 2002
    Hot chicks!! I bought a dvdcd after their directtv ppv concert. I love listening to their music while working on the computer or doing homework. Very relaxing!