SDA SRS 1.2 tl SIDE AND REAR CORNER PANEL REMOVAL?

Options
snow
snow Posts: 4,329
edited March 2007 in Vintage Speakers
I know there is a way to safely remove the side and rear corner panels on sda srs 1.2 tls. But can anyone share this secret with me please? I dont want to get too rough and destroy something by accident.I want to remove these and clean the cloth. REGARDS SNOW
Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
Post edited by snow on

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2007
    Options
    snow wrote:
    I know there is a way to safely remove the side and rear corner panels on sda srs 1.2 tls. But can anyone share this secret with me please? I dont want to get too rough and destroy something by accident.I want to remove these and clean the cloth. REGARDS SNOW

Try a PM to HTrookie or Polk65. Darqueknight may be able to help you also. Heck for that matter try F1Nut too.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    edited March 2007
    Options
    They are held on with Treeloc's and simply pop off.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• snow
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Thanks guys. I will pull a little harder then :D :eek: :D REGARDS SNOW

Update they are off now. It cost me a little of my blood (nicked my finger during the process) Sweat and luckily no tears. I would have cried if i had broke one of them getting them off. THANKS AGAIN SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited March 2007
    Options
  • snow
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Polk65 wrote:
    Thanks polk65

I tried doing a search earlier but to no avail, for some reason when I type in sda srs anything I get no posts found results. I have no reason why perhaps its a glitch with the servers.

Oh well I have it bookmarked in case some poor soul like myself need to know how to remove them.

These do come off allright but its not an easy task, or at least they werent for me. they were attached pretty well lol. I was certain I was going to break one prying on it. but they really needed a cleaning and now the job is over and they look better. :) THANKS TO ALL OF YOU. REGARDS SNOW
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    edited March 2007
    Options
    when I type in sda srs anything I get no posts found results.

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/search.php?searchid=688438
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• snow
    edited March 2007
    Options