Retirement Plans

Sansui
Sansui Posts: 372
edited March 2007 in The Clubhouse
What do you plan to do when you retire from "the daily grind"?
Be gentle, I'm new to all this...

The mind blowing speed of the BRAIN TRAIN...
Post edited by Sansui on

Comments

• Dean guitar pla
    Dean guitar pla Posts: 117
    edited March 2007
    Not sure I will ever be able to retire. Living in CT is about as expensive as you can get LOL
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited March 2007
    I've got so many years yet to work, that it's not even worth my thinking about yet!:eek: :mad: :o
    Sansui wrote:
    What do you plan to do when you retire from "the daily grind"?
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited March 2007
    Listen to Audio, fly fish for Atlantic Salmon and play in the wood workshop. And probably play a little snooker if the wife will let me drive to the snooker club. Hell, I'll just buy a snooker table if she won't let me drive.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited March 2007
    I retired out the AF in 2000, went to school (again), this time for computers, and graduated in 2003 when the tech bust was pounding us geeks to the ground. I've started a part time business to occupy some time, but I enjoy being home for the kids and getting involved with all their activities. I'm pretty much semi-retired (in my mid 40's!) and lovin' life.
    :D
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited March 2007
    I have 16 years to go and I am counting down plus I am going to school so I will probably retire early and hopefully have a law practice.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited March 2007
    I've got so much time I couldn't even imagine what I might do. I think part of it depends if I decide to get my pilot's license or if I decide to go Airframe Inspector.....Still undecided.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,315
    edited March 2007
    18 months and counting,I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel:D

I'm going to turn into Mr.Mom...run after our 12 year old son with all of his activities...keep the home duties under control...take up the game of Golf...listen to a lota music.

I've been doing what I do for the past 28 1/2
    years...I'm more than ready to pass the torch.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited March 2007
    10 years, 11 months, and 12 days to go!
    As for plans, move somewhere closer to a race track, preferably Atco or Cecil.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited March 2007
    Something that challenges my mind. Once you stop learning, Alzheimers is right around the corner.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited March 2007
    I have 16 years to go

Liar! Or are you planning on retiring at 45?:o

For me, I'd like to quite "real" work @ around 40 or 45 and get back into teaching at a university or teach AP courses at a high school. Use the summer vacations to travel with the wife/family and the job as an expense stop gap until the kids are gone.

With the kids out of the house (somewhere between 50-55) I'd like to buy some tropical beach house(s) in different areas in the world and a sailboat and try out many of the local beverages of choice.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited March 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    Liar! Or are you planning on retiring at 45?:o

Thanks for the compliment:p I will be 55 then.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited March 2007
    I'd need to see some ID to believe that...

I've got 5 years until I retire from the AF.

After that, who knows. Possibly finish school. I'd like to open a small restaurant or possibly a bed and breakfast type thing.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut