Heh, heh! We goin' racin'!

Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,804
edited March 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
Just got a call from my boss at the shop. The replacement K-member and headers are in for the Mustang. We're putting it together tonight for tomorrow so we can get the chassis NMRA certified!

I AM STOKED!

wheelsup.jpg

With what the car put down at the wheels, it should be good for 7.80's. Once we get the tune down and the suspension set up, it'll be knocking on 6's!

Yeah baby! We goin' racin'!!!!!!!
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
Post edited by Jstas on

Comments

• PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited March 2007
    Are you going to World Ford Challenge X? (I am)
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited March 2007
    Sweet:) :)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • Jstas
    edited March 2007
    PolkThug wrote:
    Are you going to World Ford Challenge X? (I am)

Dunno. Gotta see how we go this weekend before we plan everything out. We shouldn't have a problem getting the cert but he's no where near being a contender in the class. We might just run local this year before he goes trying to hit tracks farther away. I mean, no sense in driving hundreds of miles when you aren't fast enough to make the quick 8's. It amounts to a really expensive test and tune so we'd sooner stick around here and sort the car out right. Like I said, we'll see.

• Jstas
    edited March 2007
    If anything gets to World Ford Challenge, it'll be this:

yellow.jpg

This has run low 7's. Very low 7's. I'd say the MPH but then it'd give too much away to the competition. We went out for a few test runs at a local Bill Mitchell points race and we dominated the Quick 8 until it snapped the input shaft on the trans and shredded the torque converter. That was a perfect day for running and we would have likely hit a 6.90 on the run it broke. It broke at the 1/8th mile mark and still coasted to a 9.40 at like 140-150 MPH. I think it has a 6.70 in it because it's MPH is up there. Well past 200-215. If so, THAT is a contender and it'll probably make most of the races east of the Mississippi. If it doesn't break. Then again, if you ain't breaking stuff, you ain't tryin' hard enough!

• disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited March 2007
    Jstas wrote:
    Then again, if you ain't breaking stuff, you ain't tryin' hard enough!

Very true. Good luck :)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited March 2007
    dear god... 7.80's??????????
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.