only in Minnesota...

krabby5
krabby5 Posts: 923
edited March 2007 in The Clubhouse
....can you get over 30 inches of snow in 5 days and still be expected to work:D
Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
Post edited by krabby5 on

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited March 2007
    Sure...if you plow snow for a liveing.:)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited March 2007
    krabby5 wrote:
    ....can you get over 30 inches of snow in 5 days and still be expected to work:D

Don't say that too loud. Just that sentence, even though pertaining to Minnesota, would be enough to shut down Maryland for a few days.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited March 2007
    strider wrote:
    Don't say that too loud. Just that sentence, even though pertaining to Minnesota, would be enough to shut down Maryland for a few days.
    well...we DID close our office at noon yesterday though so we could at least get home before we were snowed in...

ALL schools are closed....but not work..

this is one of those times where not having kids hurts me...
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited March 2007
    Just standard operating procedure for businesses! MetLife's official statement is that "It does not close for any reason except by order of the Governor or the Mayor. You should use your best judgement."

My common sense tells me to stay home & just lose a vacation day.
    krabby5 wrote:
    well...we DID close our office at noon yesterday though so we could at least get home before we were snowed in...

ALL schools are closed....but not work..

this is one of those times where not having kids hurts me...
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • dane_peterson
    dane_peterson Posts: 1,903
    edited March 2007
    Tell me about it, krabby. I work in Minneapolis... we closed three hours early yesterday, and opened a half hour late today. Whoop dee freaking doo.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited March 2007
    strider wrote:

LOL, how true that is! I'll bet all the Maryland grocery stores are packed right now just from that post!
    No excuses!
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited March 2007
    About 20+ years ago I was working an odd shift setup (called 7 day swing)
    in upstate New York. The storm was so bad, the state troopers were arresting anyone out on the county roads. The factory I was working at said anyone NOT at work would be written up! I went in at about 11:00 P.M. on a Saturday night. I had to keep stopping and going ahead of the car as far as I could and
    still see the headlights from to check for the egde of the road! Finding the exit was tough too!
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • noimposse
    noimposse Posts: 264
    edited March 2007
    sucks2beme wrote:
    About 20+ years ago I was working an odd shift setup (called 7 day swing)
    in upstate New York. The storm was so bad, the state troopers were arresting anyone out on the county roads. The factory I was working at said anyone NOT at work would be written up! I went in at about 11:00 P.M. on a Saturday night. I had to keep stopping and going ahead of the car as far as I could and
    still see the headlights from to check for the egde of the road! Finding the exit was tough too!

Hahahah, cops were giving out tickets a few weeks ago when we got our 12 feet here in Oswego. Where exactly were you working in upstate? That's where my home town is.
    Ghetto Rig
    Power: HK AVR245.
    Screen: LG 24" 1080p.
    Speaks: Rti4.
    Source: PC. PS3. Xbox360.
    Cables: BlueJeans. Monoprice.