I can't stop laughing

dane_peterson
dane_peterson Posts: 1,903
edited March 2007 in The Clubhouse
Or maybe I can't stop crying. Either way, this picture needs more of a public view. I particularly like the random cables hanging down. Someone should photoshop this.

By the way guys, this stuff is FOR SALE! :eek:
Post edited by dane_peterson on

Comments

• MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited February 2007
    Hey!!!

Where did you find that???

That is josh parson's stuff, AKA Polk_Audio_Lsi!!!:eek:
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited February 2007
    ROFLMAO!!! Nice presentation skills there.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited February 2007
    I've heard the the "tilted receiver" thing is a tweak...LOL
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited February 2007
    steveinaz wrote:
    I've heard the the "tilted receiver" thing is a tweak...LOL
    It knocks all the distortion away from the volume control. Getting the angle right is an art form though. Excellent execution on Josh's part.

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • MikeC78
    edited February 2007
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited February 2007
    I've probably done things that dumb back when I was a young lad. Still funny though. (dude, while my components are not off kilter and tenuously placed, my cable management skills are not far off from this pic :rolleyes:
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    edited February 2007
    it also looks like he is using the quality cables that come free with grear.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited February 2007
    I don't think knocking someone's else gear is ever cool. I'd wager that 95% of us have a rat's nest of cables lurking behind our rig.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • MikeC78
    edited February 2007
    I don't think knocking someone's else gear is ever cool. I'd wager that 95% of us have a rat's nest of cables lurking behind our rig.

Not knocking the gear he has, just the way he has it setup at the moment.

If you post a pic like that of your gear and the way you treat it, would you be interested in buying it?? I'd rather grab my gear from someone who has a nice rack, at least I probably know it didn't drop on the floor a few times.

I could really careless about the cables, but move that damn receiver off the speaker for pete's sake!:rolleyes:

Mike
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited February 2007
    Oh, come on, Zombie. I would say most people have cable management issues, or at least room for improvement, but, something like that is fair game for some friendly forum ribbing.

It's half on the table, half on the speaker, and braced by the wall. One positive, in addition to tilting the volume control as pointed out earlier, is that the weight of the receiver probably helps reduce resonance/vibration of the speaker. Like adding shot in the stand, only replace shot with receiver and in the stand to on the speaker.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited February 2007
    You guys are nuts. He is way more advanced than the rest of us. Look at the perfect execution of air flow management. Most of us stifle our equipment by placing things on shelves. This guy has plenty of air coming from under his receiver than 99% of us.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • dane_peterson
    dane_peterson Posts: 1,903
    edited February 2007
    Not to mention that it looks like he got EXACTLY the right length of speaker cable for his other channels. (See wires behind speaker taught against wall) Wish I had those measurement skills.
  • noimposse
    noimposse Posts: 264
    edited February 2007
    So does tilting the avr to the left make the left channel louder?
    Ghetto Rig
    Power: HK AVR245.
    Screen: LG 24" 1080p.
    Speaks: Rti4.
    Source: PC. PS3. Xbox360.
    Cables: BlueJeans. Monoprice.
  • ben62670
    edited February 2007
    noimposse wrote:
    So does tilting the avr to the left make the left channel louder?

Hmmmmm... maybe his balance knob is broken :D
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited February 2007
    Does he have to listen with his head tilted to the left?
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited February 2007
    Does balancing the receiver on the left speaker improve the imaging and soundstage?:rolleyes: My cabel dressing isn't much better than that but atleast I have my ICs 90 degrees in relation to the power cords.;) :D:p
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited February 2007
    Looks like it would help keep the Monitor from resonating. good tweak.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited February 2007
    I would get into the technical aspects and benefits of the "Safety Hazard" setup but it would probably just blow your minds.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • ben62670
    edited February 2007
    I can't Imagine the vibrations being good for the receiver, and would magnetics be bad for SQ too?
    Thanks
    Ben
  • TN_Polk_Lover
    TN_Polk_Lover Posts: 243
    edited February 2007
    ben62670 wrote:
    Hmmmmm... maybe his balance knob is broken :D

I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. Thanks, I needed that!

Robert
    Robert
    You are officially in the high-end of the deep-end of the top-end.

Bonus Room Over Garage:
    Toshiba 27" CRT TV
    Digital Source: Sony DVP-NS3100ES
    DVR: Panasonic DMR-ES15
    Denon 3806 AV Receiver
    - L/R Preamp out to Parasound HCA-1200 Amp
    Polk RTi70's, CSi40 Center, RTi38 Side Surrounds, RTi38 Back Surrounds

Living Room: (2ch only)
    TV: Sony KV20-FV12
    DVD Player: Sony DVP-NS715P
    Yamaha R9 Receiver Polk RTi38's
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited March 2007
    I don't know whats more stupid, him posting the same question 20 times or that he actually signed in with another account to stick around after being labeled **** polkie of the year. Ok, I made that last part up, but I think we can all agree that either LSI or T.unit would take this honor for 2006.:)

By the way, if you look under forum leaders,polk audio lsi is still considered a miserable user by our moderators:p
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • jgido759
    jgido759 Posts: 572
    edited March 2007
    MikeC78 wrote:
    I'd rather grab my gear from someone who has a nice rack

:eek: :eek: :D
    Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support
    group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar.
    -Drew Carey

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
    -Unknown

My DVD Collection
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited March 2007
    i got nothing.... other than how could someone do this and think it's a good idea???

That picture did make my day though.. show's that in this hobby i can still get surprised by someone's stupidity. :p
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin: