Free Tortured Atlas 12

Options
Airplay355
Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
edited February 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I have an Ascendant Audio Atlas 12 that my friend tortured. He managed to allow the positive and negative wires to touch, cooking the speaker. Also, there is a pretty big tear in the surround.

I called Ascendant a while ago and they said it would need to be reconed and would need a new surround. They said it would be $60 and shipping both ways.

Now this was a while ago, and Ascendant no longer makes this driver so I'm not sure if they would have parts for it. If you want it though, I will give it to you for the cost of shipping it. It's pretty heavy though, I think between 30 and 35 lbs. PM me if you'd like it.

Im sure it was a great driver for all of the two days or so he had it. **** idiot. He bought a Stryke sub instead and blew that one too!
Post edited by Airplay355 on

Comments

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,290
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Remind me to never take your friend fishing.
    :)
    Sal Palooza
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Ed Zachry. The price of a complete recone is probably as much as getting a new driver. That being said, it is cool you offered it up for free, and that should be noted.

Rip the cone, surround, spider, everything out. The magnet is vented on that model right down the center, IIRC. Go to home depot, get a 'lamp kit' ($5) and a 12 inch threaded steel rod with a couple of nuts. Flip it over (cone down), powdercoat or paint, and make a cool audio theme lamp out of it.

Or just get **** drunk, and discus that **** as far as you can off your front lawn. Wear only a jock strap and knee high socks when you do it. Document the event with photos.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Phasearray
    Phasearray Posts: 437
    edited February 2007
    Options
    The magnet inside is freakin strong
    Receiver - Onkyo HT-R340
    Front - Pioneer S-HF21
    Center -Onkyo SKC-340C
    Surround Back - Polk R15 <--Ticket to club polk
    Subwoofer - Onkyo SKW-340
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Yea it definitely is.

Russ - They said a recone job is $60, the driver was $120 I think, maybe $150 I don't remember. They don't make it anymore and I don't think they make anything comparable in that same price range. I haven't checked in a while though.

Someone is interested, so they can have it and do what they wish with it. It's definitely DOA though lol.