Very enticing, but I'm buying a TT:D so I have no $ for more big speakers.:(

No affiliation, of course.
Wristwatch--->Crisco
Post edited by strider on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited February 2007
    They're being picked up tomorrow for safekeeping at my house :)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited February 2007
    So, what kind are they?
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited February 2007
    I'm glad someone here got them because they're BIG and LOUD! Sweeeeeeet.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited February 2007
    they're too huge for me and I don't need em that loud..:D
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited February 2007
    AndyGwis wrote:
    So, what kind are they?

If they were worth owning, please do me the favor of lying to me:)
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • dorokusai
    edited February 2007
    Strider - NP :D

Andy - I have no idea, won't know until we pull them out tomorrow.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited February 2007
    At that price.... you couldn't really go wrong, could you?
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited February 2007
    If he would have added "satelite" in the discription I would have fallen off of my chair:D
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited February 2007
    Parkville is awful close to my crib. I could get those tie down straps and moving blankets to you if you got the time.
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • dorokusai
    edited February 2007
    Scott - I think we have to go somewhere else to get them but I'm not positive. I only have an arrival time and hopefully I will be seen again :)
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2007
    $100 SDAs.... :eek:
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited February 2007
    Wear some heat-proof gloves, they may be hot. Be sure the owner knows you are taking them. :D
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • dorokusai
    edited February 2007
    I'll be packing some heat, don't worry. If I have to pistol whip someone, they are going home with me....perhaps followed by the local news chopper and a couple popo, but nonethless home.
  • dorokusai
    edited February 2007
    I checked these out today. They were a pretty rare pair of SDA 1A. Rare because they were a "Signature Edition". If you're familiar with SDA's you'll recall that this model wasn't a SRS in other words.

These had a small brass plaque, centered, below the tweeters and above the mid-bass drivers....that had Matt Polk's signature engraved on it, as well as "Signature Edition". If my phone camera worked, I would have taken a picture.

If they were in better shape I may have picked them up but I've had a couple of those already. I was told another guy was REALLY wanting to pick these up and I figured, let the dude get some cool speakers.

That's officially the last nice thing I will do this year.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited February 2007
    I was told another guy was REALLY wanting to pick these up and I figured, let the dude get some cool speakers.

That's officially the last nice thing I will do this year.

You're a good man, no matter what Russ says. ;)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dorokusai
    edited February 2007
    Remember, I said thats the last nice thing I'll do ;)
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited April 2007
    A pair with that neat plaque auctioned last month for $338 in Brooklyn.
  • dorokusai
    edited April 2007
    That's a very rare pair and exactly what was on the Baltimore CL. The plaque is pretty cool.