HP has awesome Customer Svc.

polrbehr
polrbehr Posts: 2,830
edited March 2007 in The Clubhouse
Purchased a new Hewlett-Packard 8050 photo printer for my wife back in November '06 on clearance for $49.95 from Staples. We've probably only printed two or three dozen pictures with it, but I was really impressed with the overall quality.

Well, Saturday morning she went to use it, and it flat-out would not work. :(
It read the SD memory card fine, but the menu button would not work, and we couldn't get anything to work no matter what we tried. So, we called customer service (cringe), and they walked us through a bunch of steps to see if the problem could be fixed. No go. I was all set to bring it back to the store, trying to figure out how I would carry it in without the original box and stuff, but HP did something totally unexpected. They said they would send out a brand new 8050 to replace the defective unit, no charge. All they asked was that we ship the defective one back within 15 days - and provided a prepaid label to do it with! They also told us to keep the print cartridges in the broken one, as well as the cables and power supply. They also sent it 2nd Day Air, as we received it today. Two day turnaround.

I would say HP has a customer for life here; I'm just passing along some good press for them, as customer service like this seems to be a rare thing these days (are you listening, VTI ??)
So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
Post edited by polrbehr on

Comments

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2007
    Ditto.

I bought a printer from Office Max for the business back in November of 2006 and it worked a few times, but then crapped out after that (would only print black and Magenta).

Called up HP last week and spoke to an American who spoke clear English. :eek: She sent me the new one 2nd Day air and all I had to do was slap a label on the old one, throw it in the new box, and take it to FedEx.

No **** around with cables, software, or manuals. Smooth as silk.
  • Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited February 2007
    I had the keyboard die on my hp/compaq laptop. They shipped it overnight to and from the repair facility in California. If I remember correctly, I had the thing back in 3 days

Flat out impressive customer/warranty service.
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited February 2007
    I've had nothing but excellent customer service from HP. Most likely my next HTPC will be an HP also.

My current Media Center PC's reliability is amazing!
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited February 2007
    I just bought a HP printer for $300 off their site b/c my dell (Epson) is messed up. Served me good for 4 years, just thought id try something new.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited February 2007
    Good to hear everything worked out well.
  • bchivers
    bchivers Posts: 29
    edited February 2007
    \\\\
    Marantz SR5400
    Denon 1920 DVD
    Magnepan MC 12/QR
    Polk RM 1000
    Polk PSW 404
    Homemade speaker wires and interconnects.
  • Serendipity
    edited February 2007
    Excellent service also with an hp LaserJet 2430dtn printer...

Although for an $1100 printer I'd better get good service!
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited February 2007
    HP printers are typically excellent products, and service. Cameras and computers SUCK! Lexmark also sends out replacement printers, and asks that you send the old one back.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Serendipity
    edited February 2007
    ben62670 wrote:
    HP printers are typically excellent products, and service. Cameras and computers SUCK!

What's exactly so bad about HP computers? My Media Center PC has been rock solid stable - never even an "End Task" message or lockup in years.
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited February 2007
    appadv wrote:
    What's exactly so bad about HP computers? My Media Center PC has been rock solid stable - never even an "End Task" message or lockup in years.

They load lots of junk software on them. The power supplies are week. The cooling fans are prone to failure. They buy components by the 1,000s. If they save $5 dollars on parts between a mobo, power supply, and memory and sell 500,000 of these computers they make an extra 2.5 mil.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited February 2007
    ben62670 wrote:
    They load lots of junk software on them. The power supplies are week. The cooling fans are prone to failure. They buy components by the 1,000s. If they save $5 dollars on parts between a mobo, power supply, and memory and sell 500,000 of these computers they make an extra 2.5 mil.

You can (and people will) make the same claims against EVERY major computer manufacturer. ;)
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited February 2007
    PhantomOG wrote:
    You can (and people will) make the same claims against EVERY major computer manufacturer. ;)
    Really, that Mr. Dells entire philosophy. How cheap can i make a computer. Top 5 on the fortune 100 for a reason.;) I have had Compaq from the get go. I am only on my second computer in 8 years. Needed to upgrade.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2007
    PhantomOG wrote:

I think he say he builds computers for a living and seems to hate HP (which is cool, but I have a network of HP for our business and have had ZERO issues). I thought we were in the video games forum again for a second.
  • Serendipity
    edited March 2007
    ben62670 wrote:
    They load lots of junk software on them.

Well, that's why they provide Windows XP CDs along with "Recovery Disks"... just in case you don't want all the junk software on them.

That way, you can install Windows XP standalone, which includes all the drivers, but have none of the trial software present on the PC!
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1