Polk monitor 10B's and 5 jr's
    Adcom gfa 5500 and HK/240
    Adcom gtp 400
    Adcom gcp 600
    MusicHall MMF 2.1 TT
  • sophie
    sophie Posts: 511
    edited March 2007
    i was asking about the cd player because i was woundering if i could just have a cd player going into the amp. but i would want to have some control over how lout it is, not just on or off.
    Adcom gtp 400
    Adcom gcp 600
    MusicHall MMF 2.1 TT
  • sophie
    edited March 2007
    ok just found out that the speakers up front are 4", is there a way to get 6.5" speakers in there?
    Adcom gtp 400
    Adcom gcp 600
    MusicHall MMF 2.1 TT
  • sophie
    edited March 2007
    Bring
    Up
    My
    Adcom gtp 400
    Adcom gcp 600
    MusicHall MMF 2.1 TT
  • Endwell
    Endwell Posts: 1
    edited March 2007
    I have a 4" spot in the front of my car and I was able to fit 5 1/4" in there, but I had to cut the hole out some. I'm not sure if you're up for that or not.
  • Ecin
    Ecin Posts: 61
    edited March 2007
    save a little more and try to find some SRs for $500
  • black magic
    black magic Posts: 669
    edited March 2007
    you could try to find some kick panels that fit the speaker size you want, also.
  • sophie
    edited March 2007
    you could try to find some kick panels that fit the speaker size you want, also.

bm: i cant find any kick panels for the car :( and im not going to try and make some, so any one have ideas?
    Adcom gtp 400
    Adcom gcp 600
    MusicHall MMF 2.1 TT
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited March 2007
    Its hard to tell without seeing the car. Thats up to you, take the door panel off and take a look at the housing, if you think youre capable of making it better taking into account things like letting the window roll down without hitting the speaker as well as not hitting the door panel, then go for it, if its out of what you think youre capable of, looks like youll have to stick with a 4" set.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Jack from Indo
    Jack from Indo Posts: 109
    edited March 2007
    I understand what you saying sophie. The reason you would want to still run it through the HU and not just plug it straight into the amp is because you want to take advantage of whatever equalization, fading, left right balance abilities the HU has. Whatever CD player you use will probably not have any of that, except maybe "bass boost", which ain't enough. The folks who make your CD player presume you are gonna play it on head phones, not in a good car stereo, so you going to have to equalize the signal somehow. Here is an option a friend of mine does:

He does not even HAVE a HU. He goes from his IPod (in your case this could be your CD player) straight into a pioneer 12 band equalizer, the old fashioned kind with the little sliders. It doesn't cost much, maybe $75, (if you can still find them, lol) and has a separate sub out. From that gizmo straight to the amps.
  • sophie
    edited March 2007
    im going out to colorado sunday so i might look at the speakers tomarow otherwise i will when i get back next weekend.
    Adcom gtp 400
    Adcom gcp 600
    MusicHall MMF 2.1 TT
  • Jack from Indo
    Jack from Indo Posts: 109
    edited March 2007
    exalted512 wrote:
    The Pioneer 4900IB actually comes with a iPod adapter thatll completely integrate your ipod with the radio...use playlists, genres and all that jazz as well as charge it.

Most of the units I have seen that offer a special Ipod cable don't do the integration nearly as well as just using the Ipod wheel in your hand while your driving.

Your better off just using an AUX in with a ipod, and forget about any HU that "integrates" it. IMHO. The screen on the HU is normally smaller than on the Ipod, to begin with, and by operating direct form the Ipod you can hold it right up to your face. This is safer, and easier to use this way.

I just had a friend install one, and bailed on it in one day, and went with AUX in for all the above reasons.
  • sophie
    edited March 2007
    ok dident get to it today so i will try to next weekend when i am back.
    Adcom gtp 400
    Adcom gcp 600
    MusicHall MMF 2.1 TT
  • sophie
    edited April 2007
    it rained all day yesterday and is raining now, i have 2 track meets this week so i dont think i will have time to look so this gets put off till next week end.
    Adcom gtp 400
    Adcom gcp 600
    MusicHall MMF 2.1 TT
  • sophie
    edited April 2007
    i have been thinking about this and how small of a speaker can you have and not have a sub? i ab assuming that with a 4" i would need a sub and i dont think that i want to mess with that right now. i dont think i will spend much time in my car this summer and am now thinking about geting some polk speakers for my bed room but i have a big room that is weird shaped, eather way its looking like this is going to cost more than i would like.
    Adcom gtp 400
    Adcom gcp 600
    MusicHall MMF 2.1 TT
  • black magic
    edited April 2007
    yah, its always a good idea to make a budget that you'll actually follow before you begin purchasing anything and preparing for an install. I started purchasing my equipment well before I planned on beginning my install.
  • sophie
    edited April 2007
    it was a crazy weekend and was cold so i dident get to look at anything, and its going to be another busy week for me but might get to it next weekend.
    Adcom gtp 400
    Adcom gcp 600
    MusicHall MMF 2.1 TT
  • sophie
    edited April 2007
    ok theres snow outside right now so i dont want to go out side to look at the car but i might later today. but i found out that our van has 6X8's in the front and back, so that would make it easyer to fit in 6.5's, crutchfield dident list anything but 5X7, 6X8, and 5.25. i thought i read somwere that the 6.5's cam with an adaptor so they could be mounted in 6X8 speaker locations. can some one help me find this because im having trouble finding this again.
    Adcom gtp 400
    Adcom gcp 600
    MusicHall MMF 2.1 TT
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2007
    With our SR systems the 5.25 system comes with a 6x8 adapter and our 6.5 comes with a 6x9.
  • sophie
    edited April 2007
    Adcom gtp 400
    Adcom gcp 600
    MusicHall MMF 2.1 TT
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2007
    sure.they will work
  • sophie
    edited April 2007
    ok well just found out i have a job for this summer, so that means i will have more money for this install. i still havent got a chance to look at the speaker locations but is there any 4in. speakers that have the same sq as the momo's? but if i go this rought i will also be puting in a sub.
    Adcom gtp 400
    Adcom gcp 600
    MusicHall MMF 2.1 TT
  • sophie
    edited April 2007
    have been looking at subs and i like the ss rl-p12. is there any chance i would want two of them in sealed boxes because if i got them at the same time it would save me $50+ if shipping was cheaper. but im having a hard time finding a 1000W+ amp for a decient price. do i want to use a class D amp? and if i get two of them would it be cheper to get one 1500W+ amp or two 700W+ amps. also would that affect sound qualty? and does the resistance affect the SQ?
    at what point will the subs start to overpower the mmc6500's (even tho i dont think i can make them fit)?
    Adcom gtp 400
    Adcom gcp 600
    MusicHall MMF 2.1 TT
  • sophie
    edited May 2007
    ok, now that track is over i might have some time to get this planed out before finals. for a sq sub would a hifonics Brutus BXi Series amp be ok or are they for spl and not sq?
    Adcom gtp 400
    Adcom gcp 600
    MusicHall MMF 2.1 TT
  • sophie
    edited May 2007
    ok im looking at this http://www.hifiaudioonline.com/inc/sdetail/241
    with a ss rl-p12 dvc 4. or this http://www.hifiaudioonline.com/inc/sdetail/240.

is hifiaudioonline an ok place to buy amps?
    Adcom gtp 400
    Adcom gcp 600
    MusicHall MMF 2.1 TT
  • black magic
    edited May 2007
    What are the specs on that sub?

the first amp u listed is a better choice imo for 2 reasons:
    1) its a monoblock so its made for subwoofers (thus it's more efficient)
    2) It has more power :D
  • sophie
    edited May 2007
    Adcom gtp 400
    Adcom gcp 600
    MusicHall MMF 2.1 TT
  • sophie
    edited May 2007
    or here http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14333
    not much more and the seller is much better known. dont have time to read and see if it comes with a warrenty but witch place would be better?
    Adcom gtp 400
    Adcom gcp 600
    MusicHall MMF 2.1 TT
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited May 2007
    I have someone here who is selling a older Rockford BD1000.....He has all of the documentation and original box, and the amp looked to be in good shape...It worked a month ago when I pulled it for him...Let me find out what he wants for it. I'll PM you.