I would rather die than get a mercury infested flu shot

2»

Comments

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited February 2007
    Why? Because the mercury preservative is not needed and has no effect on the performance of the vaccine. How many pennies per dose if that much, are the drug companies saving by using mercury as a preservative versus something else? In todays society of warnings for everything, why is mercury so sacred that it doesn't even require a warning label. After all, it is the 2nd deadliest non-radioactive substance known to man but doctors are handing it out like candy.

Take the mercury out and I'll be the first in line to get a flu shot.

Are you okay Carl? I mean, water can kill you iff you get too much!!! Mercury is a very effective preservative. If you use contact lenses, throw them away because every contact lens cleaner, rinse, lube, rewetting agent etc. has it in there. All eye medications have it. Visine, etc. plus all the prescription drug.

Does it cause autisim? Maybe. Does it harm adults, I doubt it, but it might. If it does, the occurances are very rare. Otherwise we would have heard a lot more about it than we have since it's been used over 100 years as a preservative. Just my educated opinion, emphasis on educated and open minded.
    Carl

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited February 2007
    beardog03 wrote:
    show some class man...

funny is funny, but that aint cool IMO

we don`t want to offend, now do we ?

Come on BaggedLancer started it!

Why am I always the one that gets picked on :mad:
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited February 2007
    Not pickin on you bro...
    I was aimin at bagged..!

you got caught in the crossfire with the comments that would put some of the ladies over the edge...that`s awl..
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited February 2007
    schwarcw wrote:
    Are you okay Carl? I mean, water can kill you iff you get too much!!! Mercury is a very effective preservative. If you use contact lenses, throw them away because every contact lens cleaner, rinse, lube, rewetting agent etc. has it in there. All eye medications have it. Visine, etc. plus all the prescription drug.

Does it cause autisim? Maybe. Does it harm adults, I doubt it, but it might. If it does, the occurances are very rare. Otherwise we would have heard a lot more about it than we have since it's been used over 100 years as a preservative. Just my educated opinion, emphasis on educated and open minded.

No I'm not. I'm mad as hell. I just found out today that my kindergarten age godsod was given a flu shot in december. The fda or cdc or whoever went to great lengths to get mercury out of the childhood vaccines and now some stupid doctor goes and gives him a mercury laced flu shot. He's having some bad behavior issues especially at school and they even recently moved him to a different kindergarten class. He's smart as hell but I've noticed a recent slowdown in his academic capabilities and after seeing some tv shows on autism, I have noticed him demonstrating some of the same symptoms. I'm not afraid of him developing full blown autism although that's certainly a possibility but like alot of things there are different degrees of debilitation.

I haven't researched this but most of the contact lens solutions I see now say "Preservative Free" but I've gone to daily wear which are nearly as cheap and safer imo. Thanks for being open minded.

Mercury in Drug and Biologic Products (FDA's list): http://www.fda.gov/cder/fdama/mercury300.htm
  • ben62670
    edited February 2007
    :p:D
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • ben62670
    edited February 2007
    Know what I know about science and medication. They tell us that it is perfectly safe for us. Then 5 10 20 years later they admit they were wrong! I'm not saying Doctors are trying to hurt us, but a lot of times they don't tell us about F ups because of the law suits. So people can tell other people they are stupid for not getting shots, but in 5 10 20 years from now when we find out that certain medications cause long term to fatal conditions then will the people that say Oh yeah don't worry about this or that are they going to be there to take care of the affected people NOT! Do we really need to list all of the scientific, and Medical blunders of past? We would probably kill the Club Polk server.

I'm still not Paul Harvey
    Good Day :p
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited February 2007
    Edited
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • Polkersince85
    edited February 2007
    Ask the 36000 people who die each year in the U.S. from the flu if they are worried about the shot's contents.
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • ben62670
    edited February 2007
    Ask the 100,000,000 that will have 3 eyes if they wished they didn't have shots :rolleyes:

But seriously how many of those estimated 36,000 are unhealthy elderly people that have many other health issues? And I never said no one should get shots.
    And why are many doctors saying that some shots are linked to autism?
    Is that a conspiracy?

I'm still not Paul Harvey
    Good Day
    Thanks
    Ben
  • schwarcw
    edited February 2007
    Carl, I'm terribly sorry about your godson. I will keep the young boy, his family and you in my thoughts and prayers. If his behavior is a result of a mercury preservative I don't blame you for being angry. It could very well be a reaction to the mercury.

Think of it this way, some people can become gravely ill or die to many different allergic reactions. Do we ban shellfish? Do we ban peanut butter? Do we kill all the bees on earth? I think the scientific evidence is still not solid.

I wish your godson and family the best in these tough times. I know it's personal for you, it's still objective for me and I'm not convinced of the evidence of the dangers warrant a widespread ban on a very effective preservative.

Carl
    Carl

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited February 2007
    Did anyone see the 20/20 special tonight called (it's still on) Scared Stiff. This was one of the things discussed and discredited. Sorry Carl I would have never even given this a second thought until reading all your threads so when I saw this show tonight I thought it should be mentioned here.
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited February 2007
    Joe I missed the show and didn't know it was going to be discussed or I would have watched it.

If this was proven then we wouldn't be having this conversation. Would anyone injest or inject themselves with anything containing lead, arsenic, asbestos, pcbs, etc? Well mercury is regulated just as strictly as those dangerous substances.

http://www.epa.gov/mercury/effects.htm

http://www.epa.gov/mercury/

http://www.epa.gov/mercury/regs.htm#laws

I'm not necessarily trying to convince anyone but just raise everyone's awareness of the potential danger. You have to admit, MS, alzheimers and autism, etc doesn't just happen. There has to be a cause and our environment is not that polluted to try to blame it.
  • schwarcw
    edited February 2007
    I'm not necessarily trying to convince anyone but just raise everyone's awareness of the potential danger. You have to admit, MS, alzheimers and autism, etc doesn't just happen. There has to be a cause and our environment is not that polluted to try to blame it.

I'm 110% with you Carl. There is something going on and science needs to find out what's going on. We need better data to quanitify the statistics and establish risk numbers so the public an be better informed.

Carl
    Carl

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited February 2007
    Of note, from Wikipedia.

"Gallium arsenide is an important semiconductor material, used in integrated circuits. Circuits made using the compound are much faster (but also much more expensive) than those made in silicon. Unlike silicon it is direct bandgap, and so can be used in laser diodes and LEDs to directly convert electricity into light."

Hmmmmmmm.......
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• hearingimpared
    edited February 2007
    Joe I missed the show and didn't know it was going to be discussed or I would have watched it.

If this was proven then we wouldn't be having this conversation. Would anyone injest or inject themselves with anything containing lead, arsenic, asbestos, pcbs, etc? Well mercury is regulated just as strictly as those dangerous substances.

http://www.epa.gov/mercury/effects.htm

http://www.epa.gov/mercury/

http://www.epa.gov/mercury/regs.htm#laws

Carl I don't know anything about this subject. I was watching that 20/20 2 hr. special episode on worry last night and they were exposing all the "fears" brought on my our sensation based news media. The subject that you keep writting about here was one of them.

For example:

One of the "myths" that they busted last night was that "autism" for instance. You never or rarely heard autism used 30 to 40 years ago. You heard "mentally retarded," "slow witted," and a lot more other adjectives they stated. John Stossel's guests doctors and scientists made note that these people that are now being diagnosed as autistic are now the culmination of people who were once called mentally retarded, slow witted, etc. They've now defined it as autism and that is why there seems to be more instances of it. Also if a child is diagnosed with autism the family has more of a chance of receiving government financial support so the doctors are diagnosing them as such.

The vaccine subject was covered in great detail. According to the report, and we are talking about ABC news here another admitted member of the sensationalists news sells groups, that more children have gotten very sick and some died because of the vaccine scare. What makes it worse is that thses parents refuse to have their children vaccinated, then they contract the various illnesses that the vaccines prevent and cause epidemics within their own communities. When they produced the woman that was the head of some organization against vaccines she was stumbling over her words and I don't remember the details but she wasn't very convincing.

Anyhoo like I said I don't know anything about all this stuff but you made me aware and I watched 20/20 last night and eveything you've written here has been disputed on that special.

I think this is just another scare that will die out like every other scare, like mad cow disease, bird flu, and all the other hyped up news media trying to make money issues.
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2007

One of the other things that was discussed in last nights special was how the news media has blown out of proportion the environmental pollution problems. Just to make a quick point, the Hudson river once touted as the most polluted body of water is now within site of NYC safe to swim in, fish from as well as eat the fish.

I don't watch the news because it is all negative and sensationalized. One great example of this is the number of accidental gun deaths in children. They asked a group of children which is more dangerous, going to someones house who's parents own a gun or who's parents has a pool. Of course they all said the gun but in fact the gun deaths are miniscule compared to the pool related deaths. Gun deaths make national news. . . pool deaths don't even make the local news.

I get bored with all the sensationalism. . .
  • Polkersince85
    edited February 2007
    Britain doesn't even recognize ADD as a disease/condition. For some reason, there is a mass media blitz on autism at the present. Who is behind it I do not know: maybe lawyers, teachers union, drug companies, etc. Time will tell. I do know from Marketing 101 that you can create a market for your product.

PS. I have not turned my TV on at the house since last June.
    >
    >
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2007
    Britain doesn't even recognize ADD as a disease/condition. For some reason, there is a mass media blitz on autism at the present. Who is behind it I do not know: maybe lawyers, teachers union, drug companies, etc. Time will tell. I do know from Marketing 101 that you can create a market for your product.

PS. I have not turned my TV on at the house since last June.

Yep I'm right with you there with not turning the TV on. Last night my wife was watching one of those idiotic "reality" game shows and I heard the ad for 20/20 on "Scared Stiff" and thought it might be interesting and it was.

BTW you make note of not knowing whose behind it, well on that show last night they had a lawyer on who made 100s of millions of dollars bringing clients to law suits from autism to, well, I can't even remember all the suits listed now. When asked why he did he said it was not for the money. Yeah, okay can I buy the Brooklyn Bridge now.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2007
    What happened to the other stupid thread on this topic? Did it get deleted?
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.