Air Pressure issues

howie777
howie777 Posts: 357
edited February 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
Does anyone else here have issue with air pressure in a car due to the sound system? I really have a hard time with this, and usually need to listen to the system at a fairly low level (where road noise is louder than the system). I also have a hard time with woman's voices when they start a louder passage, my ears feel like needles are going through them (again turning the volume down helps). I have no issues with something like the cyrstal method at louder volumes though. I'm not talking about listening to the system at loud levels either, I'm talking at normal volume levels that I have this issue (or maybe I'm deaf and it is really loud :p )

In the past I had a sub in the car (10" type S from alpine) and never could stand any volume on that either or my ears would feel like I was 30 ft below water. And I really miss having the low end to music, especially since I have a really nice sub at home. It seems to be related to how much air is moving and being in a small enclosure as my home sub/speakers cause me no grieff.

Just wondering if I'm a freak or if others have similar issues. I want the SR sub 10DVC but am afraid it would be a waste as I'd have to have it turned down so low it wouldn't be worth having.

Howie
Post edited by howie777 on

Comments

• Joelsbass
    Joelsbass Posts: 637
    edited February 2007
    could just be the structure of your inner ear being a little different, most people don't have a problem with it.... But an inner ear condition could cause sound pressure and pitch to cause discomfort. You might want to run it past your family doctor and see if he thinks it might be stemming from something wrong with your ear. may be something treatable, may just be the way your particular inner ear is formed.
    MacLeod: I guess youre lucky Polk has such lax hiring standards.

Josh: Damn skippy!
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited February 2007
    I had this issue when my truck was new..

seems the air pressure "relieved" itself through the seals somehow...it doesn`t do it anymore, but the road noise is a little louder !!
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool: