SDA2'a not 2b's?

Options
NJPOLKER
NJPOLKER Posts: 3,474
edited February 2007 in Vintage Speakers
I just pulled one of the drivers and on the back it says MW 6510 which means they are 2a's and the innerconnects are blade blade. Am I correct in thinking this and does it really matter which model they are?
I am more than happy with them no matter which model they are and thank you guys in directing me to the SDA line. I probabley would have bought a pair of Bose 901 Series VI if I did'nt look into this forum. I also saved some money so far, I only paid $175. for the pair and would have spent $750 on the 901's. I say "so far" because I am afraid the SDA bug is getting me. I am thinking in the future, a year, I will need 1c's or TL's. Thanks Drew
Post edited by NJPOLKER on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,832
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Yep, sounds correct to me. Enjoy!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited February 2007
    Options
    I have the 2b's only because it's what came up locally for sale. Some find them decent while others love them. I'm somewhere between like and love with them. Here is a post with the SDA 2 driver differences. http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=306070#post306070

You mention almost buying the 901's. Was this because of sound or size? The SDA CRS or CRS+ (compact reference system) might interest you. It's the one up front on stands http://polksda.com and is worth checking out before going to the larger models.
  • NJPOLKER
    NJPOLKER Posts: 3,474
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I thought about the 901's because they sound great and space is not an issue. I really like the SDA 2's and am working on buying a receiver and amp. Then a Polk csi5 and I'll be set for awhile. Maybe if golf season goes well this year I'll upgrade to the TL's.
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Shhhhhh say anything but Bose around here ;)
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben