FS HAFLER Excelinear XL600

Options
Dean guitar pla
Dean guitar pla Posts: 117
edited February 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
$500 + shipping based on a approximate 60 lb package, insurance required

Tested and works as it should, never abused, I am the original owner. A copy of the owners manual will be provided for the new owner. The original box has long since fallen apart so I discarded it

I used this only to power a pair of Infinity SM150s

A few minor nicks and a few light scratches on the top

This is offered online also so if you want it, get it now, first come, first serve

Due to PayPal's high fees, I will only accept a Postal moneyorder or a bank check. This will be well packaged w/ plenty of padding

Thanks

hal1.jpg
hal2.jpg
hal3.jpg
Haf3.jpg
Post edited by Dean guitar pla on

Comments

• DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Gee three day member, just enough posts to post in the flea market, and already two for sale threads started. Thanks for the contributions.
  • Dean guitar pla
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Sorry, if you feel that it is inappropriate to list this here, I will remove it

I am a repected board member of the Dean Form, Ultimate Guitar, Jemsite, Redlinesonline, HWC, The Redline Club and am a Moderator for Diecastlive

My intent was not to sell here when I joined, the lps were mentioned and others expressed an interest

I offered the amp here since this is an audiophile site, I can pull it if you'd like
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Dean,

The Club Polk Flea Market is sacred ground for it's members. We watch out for each other, and try to pass along deals to each other - sometimes just to keep cool gear 'in the family' so to speak.

I've seen your paypal feedback, and I'm postive your intent here is not malicious - but we've had a few problems with fraud, and people simply joining to hock gear (and avoid fees on the public for sale sites).

I guess the Flea Market is really a bonus for active Club Polk members to buy, sell, trade with confidence hassle free. Stick around, and enjoy the site. Dave said what he said, because we as a whole, want something more from members, than just a for sale ad every now and then.

Does that make any sense? Hell of an amp by the way.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Dean guitar pla
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Russ,

No worries here, I expected this being the new guy on the block eventually. I was actually hesitant of even posting it for sale for that reason but in my previous posts elsewhere in the forum, I had mentioned that I was selling it

As a member of many online sites, I am familiar w/ site policing. It's a good thing but usually we PM individuals before posting publically. You know the old saying, you can't judge a book by it's cover but these days, scammers are everywhere. I am not offended and if site members would prefer for me to remove the sale post for the amp, I will

I like this site and hope to garner more information as I have been out of the audiophile loop for close to 20 years

Dave, thanks for making the site safer, I respect your intentions but as Russ says, I have almost 2000 PayPal transactions and am pretty well known elsewhere on sites

Thanks for the welcome all! I hope I have something to offer knowledge-wise for members but my audiophile experience is quite dated I guess :) and what was once considered excellent is now crap for the most part LOL

You know what, it still sounds good to me so I guess I have copper ears instead of golden LMAO :):):)

Ron
  • DollarDave
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Stick around, eventually you will buy some speakers from Russman that will change your opinion of Bose!
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Change you opinion of Bose?!?! Bose is still the pace setter when it comes to hi-end / audiophile grade speakers and electronics, right?

Have I missed something here? I hope to one day trade in my system for some Cubes and Accoustimass Sub. SVS is good and all for shaking some walls, but that Accoustimass really ROCKS!!!

Oh, and welcome Ron!!! Nice amp. I wasn't terribly offended by you posting it here, it's a nice piece at a seemingly fair price. Long as you don't sell and run (kind of like a poker player that wins a big pot and then splits), you'll be okay in my book :)
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Welcome to the Forum Dean...

and good luck with your sale:)
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Dean guitar pla
    edited February 2007
    Options
    LOL

Dave, I mentioned the 10.2's only because at the time that I had them, space was at a premium in my small apartment back then. I only have 3 sets of Infinity's (SM150 A & B sets and a set of SM120's) now and I know everybody turns their noses up to them now but they have worked well for me all these years and the 3 pairs cost me 4k back then. I plan to use them until they fall apart to dust ;)

I plan to stick around, no worries, I like the site, the people, and the blatant opinions :p as I am pretty opinionated myself :)

BTW, why does everybody hate Bose??? Just asking, not looking to get flamed. I know I personally have a bad opinion of the 901's since I have blown every set I have ever owned. The 201's I had as a kid were cool. I would drive them to their limit and watch the flashes through the side grill, always wondered if they would eventually catch on fire :eek:

20 years + ago, Bose were considered pretty darn good
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited February 2007
    Options
    From what I can remember, in the vintage years (1973-1982), when my father had his HiFi audio store, the major brand speakers in that store were, Polk, Infinity, Bose, Cerwin Vega, Magnapans, Mirage, AR and a few others. But Polk, Infinity and Bose always rivalled each other in terms of price point and popularity. Each had their own story. And fans of each took it personal when bragging was going on about the other. Those 3 were in direct competition with each other.

So this "unlikeness", started a long time ago in a galaxy far far away. Thats what I remember.
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited February 2007
    Options
    I only flame Bose because I want to fit in around here :)

They serve their purpose, and do a good job if you only have a small space or limitations. I guess the main gripe is: too much hype, too expensive (too much markup) for little construction/parts/quality.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • Dean guitar pla
    edited February 2007
    Options
    AndyGwis wrote:
    I only flame Bose because I want to fit in around here :)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAAAAAAA :D:D:D
  • opus
    opus Posts: 1,252
    edited February 2007
    Options
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAAAAAAA :D:D:D

Sorry Dean but if you want to fit in around here you have to say

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, not Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha.

sheesh............ damn noobies:D
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Rotel RSP 1066 (pre) :)-flea market
    B&K St-202 (mains)-flea market
    Carver M 200t (x2) (center and surrounds)-flea market
    Blu-Ray..PS3 (dvd player)
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's

Dual SVS PC-Utra's (1 port blocked) thanks MikeC78
    Behringer Feedback Destroyer
    -flea market
    AudioAlchemy DDE v1.0 DAC-flea market
    Cambridge Audio Azur 640 CDP-flea market
    Signal Cable and Kimber Kable
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2007
    Options
    See, like this...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Dean guitar pla
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Yep, and its a VERY quiet fan that keeps the brute cool and calm :D
  • joeparaski
    joeparaski Posts: 1,865
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Hey Dean, welcome to the forum. Don't be embarassed with old vintage equipement....that's what most of my gear consists of. I too have been out of the loop for a long time and just got back into it last year but I'm still old school. This forum has been great and I've learned a lot here.

I've attached a picture of my "relics"....mostly vintage Bose, SAE, and Phase Linear stuff. Although my speakers are all Polk (plus a pair of ESS Rockmonitors).

Joe
    vintagegear.jpg
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited February 2007
    Options
    All of the Bose systems I have heard have sounded like I was sitting in a beer can, but that is just my 2 cents
  • Dean guitar pla
    edited February 2007
    Options
    All of the Bose systems I have heard have sounded like I was sitting in a beer can, but that is just my 2 cents

Man, that would be a big beer can.... gaaaaahahhahahhhhhh * drool * beeeeeeeerrrrr

Courtesy of Homer Simpson

;)
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited February 2007
    Options
    back looks just like my DH500's, but the front definitly looks cooler (dh500 front is ugly as sin)
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Dean guitar pla
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Looks like I am going to end up keeping it. I am truly surprised that it has not sold but thats ok. I have a crap load of watchers on the auction so I am hanging it out there. I bumped the price to $700 or make offer. Somebody has a 9505 Transnova listed and got a $700 bid on it. The Transnova is not half the amp that the XL600 is

IF someone has a quality electric guitar laying around that they are not using anymore here on the forum, I might consider a even or partial trade toward the amp

Should the amp not sell, I will get a used Marshall JMP-1 preamp and use the amp for another head because I am not going to let it sit around gathering dust. This amp wants to roar again and she sure is purty :)
  • DollarDave
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Looks like I am going to end up keeping it. I am truly surprised that it has not sold but thats ok. I have a crap load of watchers on the auction so I am hanging it out there. I bumped the price to $700 or make offer. Somebody has a 9505 Transnova listed and got a $700 bid on it. The Transnova is not half the amp that the XL600 is

IF someone has a quality electric guitar laying around that they are not using anymore here on the forum, I might consider a even or partial trade toward the amp

Should the amp not sell, I will get a used Marshall JMP-1 preamp and use the amp for another head because I am not going to let it sit around gathering dust. This amp wants to roar again and she sure is purty :)

Impatient because it hasn't sold in one day? Hmm, maybe no one knows who you are and many are questioning (a few of us out loud) why you are here?
  • crossroadazn
    crossroadazn Posts: 69
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Look at this, there was only one bit to win the XL-600 for $500. The 9505 Transnova's another beast. Good luck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hafler-XL600-Amplifier_W0QQitemZ220072504741QQihZ012QQcategoryZ39783QQcmdZViewItem
  • Dean guitar pla
    edited February 2007
    Options
    I saw that, the seller posted for a quick sale

Anyway, this unit is no longer for sale to Polk Forum members, hope no one takes offense
    Look at this, there was only one bit to win the XL-600 for $500. The 9505 Transnova's another beast. Good luck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hafler-XL600-Amplifier_W0QQitemZ220072504741QQihZ012QQcategoryZ39783QQcmdZViewItem
  • bigyank
    bigyank Posts: 224
    edited February 2007
    Options
    I saw you had this amp up on AudioAsylum as well. Hope your transaction went smooth and again, welcome to the forum.

Yank
    Polk Monitor 7
    Polk Atrium 55
  • Lowell_M
    Lowell_M Posts: 1,660
    edited February 2007
    Options
    joeparaski wrote:
    Hey Dean, welcome to the forum. Don't be embarassed with old vintage equipement....that's what most of my gear consists of. I too have been out of the loop for a long time and just got back into it last year but I'm still old school. This forum has been great and I've learned a lot here.

I've attached a picture of my "relics"....mostly vintage Bose, SAE, and Phase Linear stuff. Although my speakers are all Polk (plus a pair of ESS Rockmonitors).

Joe
    vintagegear.jpg
    .....Nice rack.....
    HT
    RTi70 mains
    CSi30 center
    RTi28 Rears
    Velodyne CHT-12
    H/K AVR-247
    ADCOM GFA-7000
    Samsung PN58B860
    Playstation 3

2-Channel
    Polk Audio LSi15's
    Rotel RCD-1072
    Nakamichi CA-5 Pre
    ADCOM GFA-555
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's
    Signal Ultra Bi-Wire Speaker Cables
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Anyway, this unit is no longer for sale to Polk Forum members, hope no one takes offense

OOUCH:o
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • Dean guitar pla
    edited February 2007
    Options
    bigyank wrote:
    I saw you had this amp up on AudioAsylum as well. Hope your transaction went smooth and again, welcome to the forum.

Yank

Yank, I had posted a question of what it was worth on Audio Asylum, I did not advertise it for sale there so what transaction are your referring to?

I was debating letting it go at the time and wondered what it was still worth these days

Someone there had mentioned that the caps might fail in the next decade. I seriously doubt that because this amp actually has in all maybe 200hrs use since new. I used it for lp playing only. What is the expected hrs of use before they would expect to fail? As I said, it was never abused ie I never exploited it's full capabilities. That info would be much appreciated

Thanks for the welcome

jakelm - I did that at the request of DaveMuell, no disrepect to any form members so please don't think that
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,092
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Yank, I had posted a question of what it was worth on Audio Asylum, I did not advertise it for sale there so what transaction are your referring to?

I was debating letting it go at the time and wondered what it was still worth these days

Someone there had mentioned that the caps might fail in the next decade. I seriously doubt that because this amp actually has in all maybe 200hrs use since new. I used it for lp playing only. What is the expected hrs of use before they would expect to fail? As I said, it was never abused ie I never exploited it's full capabilities. That info would be much appreciated

Thanks for the welcome

In reference to caps and other components in an older piece of equipment: It's not the playing time it's the age. In fact you're better off putting hours on equipment (reasonable, not abusive) rather than letting it sit in a closet. Same rules as a vintage auto.............sure mileage wears things out that can wear out, but it's better to run it around the block once in awhile.

Just my .02c

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!