www.woodguy.com

dorokusai
dorokusai Posts: 25,577
edited February 2007 in The Clubhouse
Just plain neat.

Circle on a Tablesaw
CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
Post edited by dorokusai on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2007
    hoo ha.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited February 2007
    I've done that, and it works really well. Make sure the hole in your stock is tight to the pin, or your circle won't be perfectly round.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited February 2007
    Nifty. Now, show me how to do the inverse, cut a hole in the middle of some wood.
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited February 2007
    Easy - take the circle you just cut, trace it on wood and grab your jigsaw!!! (Don't forget to pre-drill a pilot hole.)
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited February 2007
    Refefer wrote:
    Nifty. Now, show me how to do the inverse, cut a hole in the middle of some wood.

Pin down the stock on the corners and near the middle. Attach a router to a swinging compass base sized to the circle you want. screw it to the middle and push the whole thing around in a circle. Works great, I used it to make giant quarter circles for framing up a Kiva style fireplace. A jigsaw will work, but it's dang hard to make precise circle cuts with one.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited February 2007
    how does that guy still have 10 fingers?
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited February 2007
    AndyGwis wrote:
    He never gets 'used to' working with a table saw...
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited February 2007
    AndyGwis wrote:

Well, he mentioned safety in the first 30 seconds of his film. On top of that, it is quite clear that he is tremendously skilled at what he does so he obviously has a good deal of experience. On top of that, he likely doesn't get complacent or cut corners which is when most people make mistakes that injure or remove extremties.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Mazeroth
    Mazeroth Posts: 1,585
    edited February 2007
    Very cool. However, ROUTER!
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited February 2007
    Jstas wrote:
    Well, he mentioned safety in the first 30 seconds of his film. On top of that, it is quite clear that he is tremendously skilled at what he does so he obviously has a good deal of experience. On top of that, he likely doesn't get complacent or cut corners which is when most people make mistakes that injure or remove extremties.
    And he pays attention. I remember one of my shining moments in woodworking was when I managed to saw through my own powercord. Yep, you could say I was shocked. ;)
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2007
    We have one of these. It cuts circles pretty well.
    cnc_milling_machine.jpg
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited February 2007
    Josh rolls in with the pimp daddy of shop tools.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2007
    Why bring a stick to a shotgun fight?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Midnite Mick
    Midnite Mick Posts: 1,591
    edited February 2007
    I hate not having the right tool for the job and making due with something else. As has been stated that is what routers and hole jigs are for.

Mike
    Modwright SWL 9.0 SE (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Consonance cd120T
    Consonance Cyber 800 tube monoblocks (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC's with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Usher CP 6311

Phillips Pronto TS1000 Universal Remote