Any CP's around Pompano Beach, FL ?

brettw22
brettw22 Posts: 7,624
edited February 2007 in The Clubhouse
I need someone to pick up something from a store in Pompano Beach if at all possible........

Lemme know please............thank you.
comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
Post edited by brettw22 on

Comments

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited February 2007
    I don't know Brett, its about 5 minutes from me. :D
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited February 2007
    And I will be in florida this week Brett,Depending on the size of coarse,let me know by tomarrow cause I am a leaveing about noon.Ben,pm me a cell# maybe we can hook up for a grouper sandwich and a cold one.I'll be in Parkland wich is close to pompano beach.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • brettw22
    edited February 2007
    It's a ridiculous thing.......I'm needing to track down some Socket Cap Hex Screws that are for wood, and they're seeming to be the Holy Grail of the hardware world.........

The one's I've found that would match closest are some that are sold at a Remote Control (airplane/helicopter/etc) shop there, so I need to call a few of those here local in Chicago to see if I can find them here and not have to bother anyone with grabbing them and sending them to me.

I'm wanting them to mount my subwoofer to the box I built, but as a last resort I'm willing to go with the Sheet Metal version of the screw over the more course thread of the wood version.............make sense?
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2007
    Did you call Fastenal?

Link

If they don't have them, nobody does.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited February 2007
    Whatever you decide Brett,all I am saying is my **** is almost on top of the joint this week.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • brettw22
    edited February 2007
    That Fastenal site is such a PITA.....and they need a link for the PDF of their catalog..............I'll probably just have to call them because I can't find what I'm needing on that site..........

EDIT: THIS is what I'm wanting.......except with a course wood thread (type A) because I'm using them to mount my sub to the MDF box........
  • Demiurge
    edited February 2007
    If you find what you need through them, but they won't let you order it, let me know and I'll buy it for you. I deal with them on daily basis.
  • brettw22
    edited February 2007
    Ok........thanks........I've seen exactly what I'm needing on 2 websites.......one company in Quebec and one in London........the Quebec company's site isn't working and the London one I can't find now.......so irritating....
  • Demiurge
    edited February 2007
    In any event...

Fastenal Co
    750 S Desplaines St
    Chicago, IL 60607
    (312) 834-0845

It's a local branch, so no sitting on hold. Tell them what you want to the 'T' and they'll get it. Unless you want to hassle all night on the web for them. :)
  • brettw22
    edited February 2007
    lol.......Trust, i'm going to call them......there's a few of the stores out here by me in Naperville too.......
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    edited February 2007
    Can you give us any particulars on length/diameter, etc. ?

Looking for something longer, like a Trusslok wood fastener ?

trusslok.jpg

http://www.mcfeelys.com/product/HTL-1466/x-6-34-Trusslok-Engineered-Wood

Or..... ?

Check out McFeely's:

http://www.mcfeelys.com/find-a-fastener.asp
    Sal Palooza
  • brettw22
    edited February 2007
    I've been on so many sites looking for the particular type of Socket Screw I'm wanting and only have found 2 sites that have what I need....(both out of the country)

Basically, I want the type of screw in the picture, except with a wider/bigger thread since it's going to be used to mount a sub to an MDF box for my car (pictured is a sheet metal screw). I don't want to use basic drywall screws. Also, preferably black, but if they're silver at this point I could care less......

I want a Socket cap wood screw that's either 3/4" or 1" long and the head diameter can't be any bigger than 5/16"............sounds fairly simple to me, but apparently not the industry that manufacturers the damn things.......lol...........

d2019gv0.jpg

I've got a few phone calls to make tomorrow to try and chase this down again, but I might end up having to put something in temporarily until I get the one's I'm really wanting. Quantity wise, i only NEED 16, but with as specialty as this particular screw seems to be, I'm guessing I'll be buying at least a hundred.........
  • sda2mike
    sda2mike Posts: 3,131
    edited February 2007
    i'm about 1/2 hr from there. if you need a pick up lemee know:D
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited February 2007
    http://www.copperstate.com/

Copper State Bolt & Nut Co.
    Internet Sales & Information Dept.
    3602 N. 35th Ave.
    Phoenix, AZ 85017
    800-603-NUTS
    (800-603-6887)
    602-272-2384
    FAX 602-233-9182

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited February 2007
    I've had good luck at Copperstate. Which also reminds me, I need a hex head cap screw for my reciprocating saw.

The one question I have being a woodworker is, there are other screws out there that would work just as well, why are you locked in on those?
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • brettw22
    edited February 2007
    Because they're going to be mounting an SR sub, and I don't want to cheapen out the look of the sub installed with your run of the mill $.06 drywall screw......
  • wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited February 2007
    Have you checked out Grainger? They've got outlets everywhere.
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
  • brettw22
    edited February 2007
    The specific socket screw I'm wanting doesn't exist.......I've called literally every single company I could google, yahoo, and several other search engines and what I ultimately found was a few manufacturing companies could ultimately make what I want........if I buy 10,000 of them.......

I might end up just using the screw above if it can sustain the grip needed to be used for MDF.
  • phoneisbusy
    phoneisbusy Posts: 867
    edited February 2007
    Would you settle for some pan head screws?
    http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=1&p=46497&cat=1,180,42311,46275

It's not exactly what you want but it's presentable. I might have some in the workshop.

Dave
    Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately it kills all its students.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited February 2007
    Brett, you can use sheet metal screws. Just grab yourself an old bar of soap or some liquid hand soap and cover the threads to lubricate them before **** them in. That will keep the material you are **** in to from splitting and the soap is too thick for the material to soak it up. It will just dry and you can rub it off with a towel.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited February 2007
    how's 'bout locking t-nuts and then use hex cap machine screws? use some liquid nails to help hold the t-nut in its place.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • brettw22
    edited February 2007
    I can try the soap thing, but I'd imagine trying to pre-drill through a carpeted box would be a nightmare......
  • brettw22
    edited February 2007
    Dave, I think I'm going to try another route first..........but thank you for the offer

Bill, the locking t-nuts with the machine screws would be doable, except that I'd have to predrill below the carpeting and then line up the holes etc etc.......a basic screw is best to mount the subs on the face of the box.......
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited February 2007
    Brett...what color and size?
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • brettw22
    edited February 2007
    Brett...what color and size?
    brettw22 wrote:
    I want a Socket cap wood screw that's either 3/4" or 1" long and the head diameter can't be any bigger than 5/16". Black would be preferable, but the zinc or stainless look works as well.
    .....(minimum characters required)