FS: Four Dayton Reference 12" Subs

Options
Mazeroth
Mazeroth Posts: 1,585
edited February 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I have four brand new Dayton 12" Reference High Fidelity subs for sale:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=295-464

Easily the best subwoofer in its price range for clean, low-distortion bass. Two of the boxes were opened to inspect the drivers and were immediatly put back in. The other two are still sealed in the large cardboard box they were shipped together in. I had big plans for these guys but with the recent talk of moving out west and my lack of time I'm just going to sell these, along with some other stuff (keep your eyes open!).

I'd like $100 each for them.
$190 if you buy two.
$370 if you buy all four.

Shipping is on you.

Thanks!

295-464L.jpg
Post edited by Mazeroth on

Comments

• Mazeroth
    edited February 2007
    Options
  • Mazeroth
    edited February 2007
    Options
    There are literally tons of plans out there for RS315HF subs. If you're serious about making some give me an idea of of big you want them to be, if they'll primarily be used for HT or music duties and if you prefer sealed or ported.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited February 2007
    Options
    anonymouse wrote:
    I'm tempted to use to make subwoofer speaker stands for my LSi9's. Any ideas on where to start to design something liks that?

lord knows they will keep up with the 9's in speed as well. they are great, and very musical subs. very clean too.

i have one and despite me not using it, I will not part with it
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Mazeroth
    edited February 2007
    Options
    I haven't forgot. I've been sick and will post something tomorrow :(
  • Mazeroth
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Again, sorry for the late reply. With what you're looking to do you will be able to make a very nice sealed sub or if you don't mind making it a little bit larger you can make yourself a ported one. What are the absolute largest dimensions you can use? Give me that and I'll draw up a few designs for you.

Also, you will have to fire the sub to the side, which really isn't a problem. The only downside to doing this is you will have to cross around 80-100hz to the LSi9s, which is easy for them to handle.

Lastly, what electronics are you using right now for your signal processing and amps? I want to make sure you can make stereo subs without too much of a problem.