my hats off to all car audio installers

2»

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2007
    Well since Im now going to be one of those that have wedged a CD player into a storage bin......I agree with you. :D
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2007
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. That's the spirit! LOL
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited February 2007
    Ok. today CC installed the DB570's in the front doors of my 626. only took em about 40 mins. :D that was pretty dang fast.

After some tweaking when I got home.. they sound pretty dang good now. with 4 matching 5x7's all around. now all that is left is to get a sub. :eek: :)

I have a few minor questions though on set up and tweaking. Should all four speakers be at the same volume level? I backed off the fronts about 1/16 of a turn from the rears.. it sounded better that way.. with just slightly more volume from the rears over the fronts.

Also.. what would a crossover setting be for those? I think i changed the crossover to 70. and turned off the HP and LP filters. Although, when i turned on the HP filter to the fronts.. it still sounded pretty good.

Any suggestions would be welcomed. :)

*forgot to mention.. all four are powered by an Alpine amp.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2007
    When you turn the HP and LP off, the crossover doesnt work.

I would high pass them both at about 50 Hz to start and then adjust from there.

On the volume, Id set the gains on the front channel first and then raise the rear gain til it blends in and sounds best to you. Generally, youll want the rear speakers at a lower level so they add rear fill and some ambience but dont pull your stage to the rear.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • vawakemonster
    vawakemonster Posts: 131
    edited February 2007
    MACLEOD, my mom does this in all cars she gets in she turns the balance to the rear it tears at my gut but she swears it sounds best that way. could this be from her past of having cars with big speakers in the rear deck or is it jsut perosnal preference? she has a highlander with the JBL system.

she bought it the same time I got my truck and I thought her "system" was amazing but the longer I work on my trucks audio and listen to nice component sets I realize a car stereo can sound jsut as good as a ncie in home stereo. and those "factory permier" sound systes SUCK!!!

and to anyone that cares the DB series components fomr 2006 are on sale at crutchfield for 150 casue the new DBs come out soon.
    Dodge Dakota
    HU: Pioneer
    Amp: Profile AP600 & Phoenix gold r2.5:2
    Speakers: Boston SX 6.5 components
    Subwoofer: polk mm2104