Discover the neglected

jabrax
jabrax Posts: 315
edited February 2007 in The Clubhouse
Well, my beloved oldie cdp stopped identifying cds so I think its time to get a new one (probably just needs a good cleaning, any excuse to upgrade will do) :D . Anywho, been using my oppo to play cds and decided to play all of my cds in alphabetical order. Needless to say there were many that haven't been played in years or only played once or twice.

If you are just getting into creating a system over the last 2 years, I strongly suggest you breakout some of the old cds you didn't like back then. I was blown away at how good some of them are. Being the fusion head and band freak that I am, (bands just dont jam like they did in the 70's and 80's )listening to some of the old albums, excuse me cds, really sound good. I was missing out on a lot of the music. My little thing is far from reference, but damn, that old stuff is sounding good.
TV...............Hitachi 42hdS52a plasma (sexy one with the swival)
Pre/Processor - Emotiva MMC
Seven Ch AMP - Emotiva LPA
Fronts - Tyler Acoustics 7U's
Center - Polk LSIC
Sub - DSWPRO600
DAC - Music Hall 25.3CD - Marantz cc4001
Blue Ray - PS3
Speaker cables - Audioquest cv4 dbs
Interconnects - MIT AVT1's
Power Filter....Monster HTS 3500 MKII

Comments

• Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited February 2007
    The Oppo offers excellent CD playback. You're gonna have to choose your next CDP very carefully in order to reap a significant improvement.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."