Airbag Deployment causes hearing lost.

ESavinon
ESavinon Posts: 3,066
edited February 2007 in The Clubhouse
SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
Post edited by ESavinon on

Comments

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2007
    Airbags are essentially huge bags of air that are fired with an explosive charge, I don't know how this can be surprising to anyone. This is tantamount to saying "firing a gun next ot your ear causes hearing loss."
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited February 2007
    Another reason for me to rip mine out.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited February 2007
    I read somewhere, I think in Proctology Today, that airbag deployment with the windows half up, can make such force as to cause immediate hemorrhoids. I believe it was right across from the Preparation-H ad.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited February 2007
    HUH??? What????
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited February 2007
    I never really thought of that. I mean I know they're loud, but the amount of air they must displace in such a short time has to screw with your whole body (ears included).

I really hope I never get in a front end collision. No air bag, lowback seats and lap belts in my car, not to mention it weighs 1800lbs :o
  • RSTERN
    RSTERN Posts: 287
    edited February 2007
    If you're dead, do you really care if you can hear or not?
    mains: rt16
    center: csi40
    surrounds:fx 1000
    sub: SVS 20-39pc+