The Great Peanut Butter/Salmonella Outbreak of Aught'7

zombie boy 2000
zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
edited February 2007 in The Clubhouse
Both my wife and boss have had a lingering "bug" for the last two weeks. Not really the flu and nothing severe -- just difficult to shake.

Turns out they've both been tearing into Peter Pan Peanut Butter almost everyday for lunch (product code 2111). Might be a coincidence.... might be the plague.... might be a steamy, illicit affair of which I know nothing about:D

But who knows? Just a head's up...

http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/02/15/salmonella.outbreak.ap/index.html
I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
Post edited by zombie boy 2000 on

Comments

• petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited February 2007
    Peanut Butter $3X? Check their cars and drawers for jelly... ;)
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited February 2007
    I have 2 jars in AZ and my parents have 2 jars in GA. We've both eaten out of them with no ill effects....well, I did have very bad gas the other day....:p

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited February 2007
    Just read this article on the Chicago Tribune's site after reading your post:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-070215peanut-butter,1,2771080.story?coll=chi-news-hed
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited February 2007
    I've been eating it almost everyday recently. Just checked the cupboard.....Skippy brand! :cool:
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited February 2007
    i don't buy Skippy brand peanutbutter.. i like that Reeses roasted peanutbutter the best. Mmmm.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2007
    I buy a local peanut butter - Teddy. All natural - just peanuts and salt.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited February 2007
    My friend's sister in AL has the bug.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I buy a local peanut butter - Teddy. All natural - just peanuts and salt.

haha same here, only the best from everett!
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited February 2007
    Both my wife and boss have had a lingering "bug" for the last two weeks.

Ok, who's going to be the one to tell him?
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited February 2007
    Tell me what? That it now hurts when I pee? I've got salmonella, right?
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2007
    Tell me what? That it now hurts when I pee? I've got salmonella, right?

kidney stones