Danny Elfman - Serenada Schizophrana

Options
ledhed
ledhed Posts: 1,088
edited February 2007 in Music & Movies
I came across this CD by Danny Elfman. Apparently it is all new, non-soundtrack Elfman on SACD. Has anyone heard this?

http://www.yourmusic.com/browse/album/Danny-Elfman--Serenada-Schizophrana-SACD-143184.html?cname=BROWSE_DISCO_609_ALBUMS
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
Post edited by ledhed on

Comments

• Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Very typical Danny Elfman-sounding work. For $6.99, it's an excellent buy.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited February 2007
    Options
    I love Danny Elfman. However... as he has branched out from the boy's choir, Burton, and oboe motif, I find his film work to be spread a bit thin and uninspiring -- if that makes sense.

I'll definitely pick this up, since this probably allows him more creative freedom. His film score for Edward Scissorhands is my all-time favorite.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore