Karma is alive and well on CP

heiney9
heiney9 Posts: 25,160
edited February 2007 in The Clubhouse
Since there have been some downer threads lately I have some real postive news. Awhile back I was looking for and won a Luxman receiver for my comp/office rig. The seller refunded my $$$ becuase the unit was inoperable.

Noah (nadams) contacted me via PM and offered up a Luxman R-113. Now this isn't just any Lux R-113 it seems it has made it's way around Club Polk. I believe it was originally owned by George Grand and made it's way to RuSsman and then eventually to Noah.

I also have to say that a big thanks goes out to Noah because this item didn't cost me a thing!!!! He paid for shipping and it was a Karma item. Now I'm not sure how long I will hold onto this but when the time comes to move it along I will do the same. Pass it on to someone for no cost at all.

I have also come into a pair of Monitor 5B's from DKG999 for next to nothing and I hope to get those soon. Currently I'll be running the Lux with an AMC Dac-8 DAC and a pair of Athena AS-B1's until I pick up the 5b's.

Rock on Noah

H9
"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
Post edited by heiney9 on

Comments

• dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited February 2007
    As soon as I find my way back from Washington DC I can get those 5b's over to you :( I'm having a few weather related travel challenges. Hopefully Chicago will be back to somewhat normal on Thursday evening and Washington Dulles will be operational so I can get home. And I have people tell me that they think having to travel for their job would be so much fun :rolleyes:
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • heiney9
    edited February 2007
    dkg999 wrote:
    As soon as I find my way back from Washington DC I can get those 5b's over to you :( I'm having a few weather related travel challenges. Hopefully Chicago will be back to somewhat normal on Thursday evening and Washington Dulles will be operational so I can get home. And I have people tell me that they think having to travel for their job would be so much fun :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear of your weather woes, but like I said before no reason to bust your **** to get those to me. If it works out before you and I and a_mattison get together on the 24th great, if not, I can wait. My weekend looks fairly busy but we'll see. Thanks
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited February 2007
    Congrats Heiney on your new to you Luxman! They make a nice product. Plus you now own a piece of Polk lore:D

Good on you Noah!
    Carl

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited February 2007
    That Noah dude hooked me up on some minty fresh Peerless a couple years ago, solid guy indeed. Enjoy!
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited February 2007
    This is just one of the many things that are great about this forum!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited February 2007
    Gosh Noah, thanks a million.

How is the Hafler preamp and Technics table I GAVE you working out? Hope they're working out better than that Luxman is working out for me.
  • heiney9
    edited February 2007
    Wow, George you sound a bit irked. What’s your point?
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited February 2007
    You wouldn't understand my point unless you had been offered a Luxman receiver back, oh let's say two months ago, to find out it had been given to someone else.
  • heiney9
    edited February 2007
    You wouldn't understand my point unless you had been offered a Luxman receiver back, oh let's say two months ago, to find out it had been given to someone else.

Ah, I see. I'll step aside of the situation. I had no idea. Kind of puts me in a weird place. :o
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited February 2007
    as well as noah...

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.