FS: Powermac g5 quad 4.5g RAM

AdamRagland
AdamRagland Posts: 521
edited February 2007 in The Clubhouse
***EDIT*** No longer for Sale as of this time.***

Hey guys, i wasn't sure if i should have posted this in the FS area but since it wasnt audio related i played it safe and ran it out here.

Basically i have a almost new Powermac G5 quad 2.5 with 4.5 gigs of Ram. I work as a video editor so i need pretty much oomph. However, some things have come up and i am not able to spend as much time at the office so i need something mobile to be able to travel with and still edit. The only reason i am selling the g5 quad is because i already own another g5 dual and i am looking to purchase a Macbook Pro for traveling. I purchased the g5 quad almost exactly one year ago and its in perfect shape. It is still under applecare for another 2 years. Here si the breakdown of the specs:

Powermac G5 Quad
4x2.5 processors
4.5 gigs of RAM
256MB video card (i think a geforce but i will check)
250gb harddrive@7200 RPM
Built in Airport and bluetooth

I have original box, manuals, applecare info with it.
I also have a 20inch widescreen dell monitor (2005wp) that i can sell with it if youd like.

I bought this last year for right at $3,800

I am only asking enough for me to buy a macbook pro which is about $2900
Post edited by AdamRagland on

Comments

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2007
    FYI:
    Before buying or selling anything on this forum, please see the guidelines and rules for replying, found here:

Selling Guidelines / Rules of Reply

Note: Polk Audio is not responsible for any of the sales that go in within these areas. All sales are at your own risk.

Do your research about an individual before buying anything. Check to see if they have positive feedback on this list:
    Good Polk Forum buyers and sellers...THE LIST

You must have a total post count of 25 (contribute to the other parts of the forum) before you can sell anything in the "For Sale (FS) Classifieds" or "Garage Sale" forums.

--Justin (the webguy)
  • AdamRagland
    edited February 2007
    so you gonna shut me down?

rightfully so, sorry about the messup..ill wait till i have the right amount
  • Demiurge
    edited February 2007
    It isn't my job, but good luck getting someone to spend $3,000 for something from a guy with 15 posts. 072.gif
    Hey guys, i wasn't sure if i should have posted this in the FS area but since it wasnt audio related i played it safe and ran it out here.

Not to mention this is probably crap. You found out you couldn't post there, and that's why the thread ended up here.
  • AdamRagland
    edited February 2007
    i didn't ask you to believe me. I honestly didn't even try posting it there but sorry, i didnt realize i was doing it the wrong way. You had 15 posts too once, i have to start somewhere. Don't know what else to do. Just go ahead an remove this and i will try again when i have the right amount of posts.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    edited February 2007
    Well, I'm sitting here, waiting at 2:00 in the morning for my first job to call a "Snow Day", decided to do a little searching:

http://srforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/u/16071/0/
    Average 0.01 posts per day.

http://www.sundance-communications.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_profile/u/00010411.html
    1 Post since 29 August 2006

http://www.wakeboardamerica.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8560&PN=1&get=last
    Known as "wakesetter03" on "WakeboardAmerica.com".
    2 posts since 21 August 2006.
    Forum members got pissed at him for threatening some young kid.

http://sec.edgar-online.com/1998/10/05/13/0001010412-98-000173/Section6.asp

"On September 24, 1998, the Company filed an action in the General Court of
    Justice, Superior Court Division, Wake County, North Carolina, versus Douglas
    L. Sims, David L. Tillman, Mark Ledger, Kim Ledger, Jon Slade Lewis, Cindy
    Lewis, Tim Angus, Lana Angus, Jeff Yates, Alice Yates, Adam Ragland and Unique Opportunities, Inc., case number 98 CVS 11169."

Not to say that this decribes you, Adam Ragland. However, when someone with 16 posts attempts to sell a $3000 computer, sometimes folks might get a little curious.
    By the way, do you have a blonde girlfriend from Alabama ? Just curious.

:)
    Sal Palooza
  • Demiurge
    edited February 2007
    Good detective work! :mad:

Wonder if his other thread was a lie as well.....
  • AdamRagland
    edited February 2007
    yes i am so secretive that i use my full name as my member ID. BTW, the sundancecommunications member thing was me. wakesetter no, blonde GF no but that would be nice. I don't post much because i guess i don't have much to say. I understand "unknown posters" can be a risk, i just didn't realize i would be hated for my low post count
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited February 2007
    Hey guys, let's not jump to conclusions. We know nothing about him, but I'm a "innocent until proven guilty" type of guy.

Adam, no one is going to buy it right now. Stick around, get your post count up to something more acceptable(read: at least a couple hundred), and try again.
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • AdamRagland
    edited February 2007
    demi, i was wondering what you meant by my other thread so i looked back an just realized you were who helped me with photoshop. Just thought i would say thanks. I really don't care about selling anything on this forum, i just thought i would try because you all(well most) seem very down to earth and trustworthy. I didnt realize this was going to turn into this big fiasco about me being some kid threatening blonde GF having alabama guy. Sorry if i ruffled anyone's feathers. Believe it or not, i am actually a decent person.
  • Demiurge
    edited February 2007
    Adam, you say some of us seem down to earth and trustworthy. Isn't the onus on you to seem down to earth and trustworthy? Maybe develop a little history here before selling a $3,000 computer?

I'm sure you're just fine, but are you really not seeing the other side of this? eBay might be the better place to go at this point in your tenure here.

I've spent thousands of dollars on this forum myself, and never have I gotten swindled. It shouldn't really be seen as offensive when someone questions someone with 15 posts trying to sell a $3,000 computer.
  • AdamRagland
    edited February 2007
    no i totally understand. I think we are on 2 diffrent pages. Im not upset about anyone questioning buying a 3k computer from someone with 15 posts. I would expect it. I just dont want it to turn into it being me being questioned as a human being. That kind of sucks because im a good person. But yea i totally understand what your saying about buying $3000 dollars of computer equipment from someone with a low post count. I think where i went wrong is my thinking was i would rather try and sell it here because it seems like trustworthy buyers. Guess i didnt think much on me having a low post count