please help a newb with wiring

413audio
413audio Posts: 3
edited February 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
hey, i got a ? on bridging an amp and a sub, im pretty new to the car audio deal, so maybe someone with experince can help me out...
- sub--- TS-W3002SPL 12' sub, 3000w max, 1000w rms, Dual Voice Coil
TS-W3004SPL uses two voice coils, each at 2 ohms. This design offers you the flexibility of turning it into either a 1-ohm sub (voice coils connected in parallel), an 4-ohm sub (connected in a series), or powering the voice coils separately (dual 2 ohm loads).
-amp--- pyramid crystal, 2 channel, 1600w max power, # 800 Watts x 2 Output @ 4 Ohms
# 1600 Watts x 1 Bridged Output @ 4 Ohms
- i do not currently have them bridged and i was wondering if bridging them will work, and sound better if it does? both of these units are in the trunk of my car, any help is grealty appriciated
Post edited by 413audio on

Comments

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited February 2007
    Welcome to club Polk.
    I would run each sub in series for 4 ohms each, and run the amp in 2 channel mode. When you bridge an amp it sees a 4ohm load like a 2 ohm load. If you bridge your amp with the subs you have you will have to choose 8 ohms, or 2 ohms. Check the specs on your amp to see if it would like 2 ohms bridged. At that kind of load the SQ, and headroom might diminish.

Again welcome to Club Polk
    Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Deadof_knight
    Deadof_knight Posts: 980
    edited February 2007
    Welcome to the club ....let me say this Im not bashing you at all the pyraimd is not 1600 watts. For like 50.00 on ebay you can get a fosgate thatll hit hard .Say find a 60.2 or 75.2 they are awesome heck a 150S will do you quite well My boys has 2 i got off of ebay and I paid 40 bucks each he is running a pair of 12's P2 fosgates and let me tell you it bumps

Bridgeing simply allows higher power ,Sounds quality is about system balance
    :cool: " He who dies with the most equipment wins Right ? "

Denon 3300 Adcom 535 BBe w/sub out 1 pr 4.6s 2 pr of 4 jrs Recent additions Samsung Lns-4095D LCD, Samsung hd-960 DVD, Monster HT-5000 Power center
    ,HPSA-1000 18" sealed DiY home sub.:D
    Black Laquer 1.2tl's w/ upgraded x-overs and Tweets BI-Amped with 2 Carver tfm-35's Knukonceptz 10ga cables