Dish with Road Runner?

PhantomOG
PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
edited February 2007 in The Clubhouse
Anyone here have Dish and Road Runner for high-speed internet?

I'm getting Dish installed tomorrow and I would like to keep Road Runner. Is this possible? Damn... I should have thought of this before signing up :p
Post edited by PhantomOG on

Comments

• okiepolkie
    okiepolkie Posts: 2,258
    edited February 2007
    Shouldn't be a problem, as long as new coax is pulled for the dish, or if the original cable run to the modem is untouched.
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • PhantomOG
    edited February 2007
    hmm... I wish I knew more about the OnQ system in my house. It seems like I should be able to get satellite installed with my road runner still in place. I guess I should experiment tonight to find out exactly which node corresponds to the computer room so I can leave the cable hooked to that tomorrow.
  • MattN03
    MattN03 Posts: 558
    edited February 2007
    I have Dish & RR without any issues.
  • okiepolkie
    okiepolkie Posts: 2,258
    edited February 2007
    If you have a full structured wiring system in your house, it should make the installation go smoothly. Are you going to do the installation yourself, or is an installer going to do it? If it will be installed professionaly, i can give you some things to watch for. If you are going to be doing it, shoot me an email, and I can help as much as possible.

If you have a coax amplifier in the OnQ system, you might want to go directly from the incoming line to the model outlet for your roadrunner. You would just use threaded splice in the middle for the connection. Then you can use the amplifier for the dish system.
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • PhantomOG
    edited February 2007
    Dish will be installed for me. I've read plenty of nightmare stories of poor installers/multiple cancelled appts. etc so I'm a little apprehensive. I'd gladly take any advice you can give me of things to watch out for.

The previous owner of my house had satellite so I can't imagine the install being that complicated. There are two coax wires outside to the roof lip where the dish used to be. In the living room where the receiver will go, the outlet has 3 coax connectors and the phone line jack. Right now, the cable system is split out to multiple connectors/rooms in the OnQ box. I'm assuming I'll just need to disconnect the main line, and plug it directly into the computer room connection (once I figure out which one it is). This Dish receiver I'm going to get (ViP622) is supposed to control my main HDtv in the living room, and the SDtv in the bedroom. I'm hoping there won't need to be an additional cable run since the living already has 3 jacks there, but I'm clueless.