FS: SVS, Sennheiser cans and Canon Digicam

Options
izafar
izafar Posts: 814
This following stuff is getting no use lately & I need to offload them to generate funds for future turntable purchase.

SVS PB10ISD Charcoal Black
Bought this here Criverajr about six months ago. This has gotten little use lately as I no longer watch that much movies and dont use this for 2CH listening. It is in very good condition with no visible marks.
I have the original SVS double box packing. I will also include the bettercables sub cable with it.
$old to GWH

Sennheiser HD 590
I have these for a year and it is in very good condition.
$old to danger boy

Canon A95 5MP digicam
This is also a year old and saw very little use since I got the Nikon D50 DSLR. You can get the details here:
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelDetailAct&fcategoryid=145&modelid=10468
I have original packing and this will come with 512MB CF card.
$old to jawhog

Pictures added bellow:
-izafar

Goldenear Technology Triton 1 - Benchmark AHB2 - Benchmark LA4 - Auralic Vega - Auralic Aries Mini - Marantz TT-15S1 - Clearaudio Nano
Post edited by izafar on

Comments

• izafar
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Added pictures and updated the price on sub. An 8 ft bettercables sub cable will also be included with sub.
    -izafar

Goldenear Technology Triton 1 - Benchmark AHB2 - Benchmark LA4 - Auralic Vega - Auralic Aries Mini - Marantz TT-15S1 - Clearaudio Nano
  • izafar
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Shameless bump....

Come one guys, I believe these are good prices, specially for the SVS
    -izafar

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited February 2007
    Options
    I am interested in the Sennheiser HD 590 headphones.. do i need to PM you?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • izafar
    edited February 2007
    Options
    danger boy wrote:
    I am interested in the Sennheiser HD 590 headphones.. do i need to PM you?
    Just sent you a PM for this.

thanks
    -izafar

• danger boy
    edited February 2007
    Options
    izafar wrote:
    Just sent you a PM for this.

thanks

coolness... i just sent you one back with my info. :D
  • izafar
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Great, this knocks one off the list. Sub and camera still available
    -izafar

• MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited February 2007
    Options
    I'm interested in that Camera... the wife wanted to know how well it takes pictures on the go... she wants one that will handle for kids that are active!

Let me know!
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• gwh
    gwh Posts: 1,451
    edited February 2007
    Options
    How much to ship the sub to 73505? I'm not sure of the weight or the box dimensions.

G
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.
  • jawhog
    jawhog Posts: 444
    edited February 2007
    Options
    I'll take the camera if it's not sold to Mr. Nightly.
  • izafar
    edited February 2007
    Options
    MrNightly wrote:
    I'm interested in that Camera... the wife wanted to know how well it takes pictures on the go... she wants one that will handle for kids that are active!

Let me know!

You can get detailed in-depth review of this camera at:
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canona95/

One of the important features for Kids photography is less shutter lag. In this regards this camera fares very well in compact point&shoot category (see page 4 of the review). But if you really like to capture impromptu snaps of kids (specially infants & toddlers) you should look at a DSLR camera. The down side of DSLR is that are bulky, less user freindly (for wifes) and are costy.

One other feature I like in this camera is swing and tilt LCD screen. This allows me to position the LCD in a way that I can hold the camera low to take Kids picture. This avoids bending down and getting down on kness for talking pictures of small children.

I have taken good pictures of my kids using the camera but has moved to DSLR mainly due to shutter lag issues.
    -izafar

• izafar
    edited February 2007
    Options
    gwh wrote:
    How much to ship the sub to 73505? I'm not sure of the weight or the box dimensions.

G

Hi,

The shipping would be $37 to this zip code. The sub weighs 60lbs and had dim of 15"x19"x21"

thanks
    -izafar

• jawhog
    edited February 2007
    Options
    I'll chime in here, too, still giving nightly every opportunity in the world to say he wants this.

I wanted to get an Axx camera last year and my wife flat out refused once she held one at the store. She would only consider cameras from the sd line. From my experience I learned that this camera isn't all that small or light by a woman's standards. However, I think the canon elph's are too small for a man's hands.

I can't hide the fact that I'd like to have the camera, but from your post I thought there could be some value in pointing out my experience.

By all means, feel free to claim it, you asked about it first and it's a good price and a good camera.
  • MrNightly
    edited February 2007
    Options
    izafar wrote:
    You can get detailed in-depth review of this camera at:
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canona95/

One of the important features for Kids photography is less shutter lag. In this regards this camera fares very well in compact point&shoot category (see page 4 of the review). But if you really like to capture impromptu snaps of kids (specially infants & toddlers) you should look at a DSLR camera. The down side of DSLR is that are bulky, less user freindly (for wifes) and are costy.

One other feature I like in this camera is swing and tilt LCD screen. This allows me to position the LCD in a way that I can hold the camera low to take Kids picture. This avoids bending down and getting down on kness for talking pictures of small children.

I have taken good pictures of my kids using the camera but has moved to DSLR mainly due to shutter lag issues.

K. Let me run it by the wife and see if it's what she wants. I'll let you know today.

Thanks.
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,897
    edited February 2007
    Options
    That's an awesome camera and a really great price. I've got the PowerShot 75 and it takes killer photos.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • MrNightly
    edited February 2007
    Options
    She said no, because it was AA battery run, and not chargeable battery. Is this something to really be bothered with?

I'll pass on this one... (arg...) and we'll see what I can dig up.
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Not in my opinion. I have an older Cannon Powershot, and I just use rechargeable Energizer AA's in it. That's really better than a camera with some proprietary rechargeable battery, cause say she's at some ultra-important, special event taking pictures and...:eek:...the batteries aren't charged! Well, either she ends up not taking any photos at all, rushing out and buying a (expensive, hard to find) proprietary battery, or buying a disposable camera.

If only the camera used AA batteries, she could've just taken out the rechargeables to charge later (complaining to you about them not being charged...of course it'll be your fault ;)) and popped in some regular AA's. Seems to be the best of both worlds to me.

:)
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • jawhog
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Nightly, as I predicted from my experience, AA batteries equal heavy, which in turn equal no WAF. Although you can certainly use rechargeable batteries as AB pointed out. For my wife's elph, which uses the specialized battery, we just picked up a second battery and it's small enough that she just keeps it in the bag.

Iz/Nightly, confirm that I'm up.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2007
    Options
    I didn't even think of the weight of AA's. I guess those proprietary batteries are lighter.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • MrNightly
    edited February 2007
    Options
    jawhog wrote:
    Nightly, as I predicted from my experience, AA batteries equal heavy, which in turn equal no WAF. Although you can certainly use rechargeable batteries as AB pointed out. For my wife's elph, which uses the specialized battery, we just picked up a second battery and it's small enough that she just keeps it in the bag.

It's all you J.

Enjoy!
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• izafar
    edited February 2007
    Options
    jawhog wrote:

Just sent you PM for this.

thanks
    -izafar

• izafar
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Camera Sold to Jawhog. Only the sub is pending now. This is good progress for my turntable rig, I have already ordered the phono preamp, and with the sale of sub I will get the table itself.
    -izafar

• MrNightly
    edited February 2007
    Options
    jawhog wrote:

jawhog,

Just wanted to say thanks for the well mannered way this transaction was handled. First come, first serve. Very noble of you to wait until I had passed... that's the way it's meant to be.

Keep it up!
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• gwh
    edited February 2007
    Options
    PMer sent on the sub.
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

• izafar
    edited February 2007
    Options
    gwh wrote:
    PMer sent on the sub.
    sub sold to GWH
    -izafar

• danger boy
    edited February 2007
    Options
    the Sennheiser HD 590's arrived today.. i thought the box was empty.. it was so light ;) but it wasn't. the headphones are minty fresh new looking. They sound really, really good. best headphones i've ever own.. or heard for that matter.

thanks izafar

Shack if you are still keeping score. add one very big positive transaction from izafar to Danger boy.
  • jawhog
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Camera arrived today two days after payment.
    Might as well be brand new as far as I can tell and Izafar still had all the original packaging.
    Haven't had a chance to try it out, need to pick up some batteries.
    Thanks Izafar! Great transaction.
  • izafar
    edited February 2007
    Options
    I am happy the Camera arrived safely, you will like the pictures too.

You should get rechargeable battery pack from walmart/radiohsack. A kit consisting of 8 cells and a charger would cost you around $20, but would be a good investment to go with the Camera. The other benefit of using rechargeable cells is that they allow you to take more snaps as compared to normal cell.

jawhog wrote:
    Camera arrived today two days after payment.
    Might as well be brand new as far as I can tell and Izafar still had all the original packaging.
    Haven't had a chance to try it out, need to pick up some batteries.
    Thanks Izafar! Great transaction.
    -izafar

• izafar
    edited February 2007
    Options
    I am glad you liked them. It was a pleasure doing this transaction with you.
    danger boy wrote:
    the Sennheiser HD 590's arrived today.. i thought the box was empty.. it was so light ;) but it wasn't. the headphones are minty fresh new looking. They sound really, really good. best headphones i've ever own.. or heard for that matter.

thanks izafar

Shack if you are still keeping score. add one very big positive transaction from izafar to Danger boy.
    -izafar

• gwh
    edited March 2007
    Options
    izafar

The PB-10 seems to have some electrical issues, makes a big thump noise out of the blue (no its not bass thump), and shuts down for no reason at low and moderate listening levels.... and I think I just heard it **** again (receiver is turned off, sub switch is in the on position.

I've double checked all my electronics and even slid the sub from my bedroom and daughters room in it's place and had no problems.

Looking for a refund or a replacement amp.

G
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

• gwh
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Bump
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070