Trash Causes Crash

Demiurge
Demiurge Posts: 10,874
edited February 2007 in The Clubhouse
10991406.jpg
Mountains of trash stuffed inside a woman's car in Cape Cod, Mass., caused the car to accelerate and crash, according to police.

Police in West Yarmouth said there was so much trash in 53-year-old Ann Ann Biglan's Ford Focus that some of it fell onto the gas and brake pedals, causing her to lose control.

While losing control, Biglan drove through a post office parking space, over the curb and across a freeway.

She then hit a Ford Explorer and backed over another sidewalk before finally crashing into a flowerpot in a gas station's parking lot.

Biglan was charged with negligent and impeded operation of a motor vehicle, failure to use care in backing, and operating with a rejected safety inspection sticker.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

Link
Post edited by Demiurge on

Comments

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited February 2007
    I saw something on this recently... maybe on Dateline? Not this exact same person, but I believe it's due to some "pack rat" mental condition. Scientific enough for ya?:D

Basically, there are some people who are simply unable to throw away anything. The lady I saw on Dateline, Oprah, Sesame Street, Sportscenter, QVC, whatever had a car that was just like this.... rotten food, soiled underwear, the whole nine yards. The crazy thing is she had a mental inventory of every single candy wrapper, straw, pull tab, cigeratte butt, etc. And what is even more crazy, she had an intended use for all of it. You know, a slew of "just in case" scenarios.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2007
    Screw pack rats, some people are just slobs. My brother is like this. He doesn't know what's in his car, or care, he just throws things on the floor and forgets about it until it gets so bad he HAS to deal with it (or someone yells at him).

And no, he doesn't live in Yarmouth. :)
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited February 2007
    I would of thought the same thing until I saw this lady interviewed. There was an undeniable method to her madness. It looked a pile of garbage to anyone but her. She actually had a nook and cranny for every bit of filth. Even pieces of lint. She kept them in certain places because that was where they could best fill a utilitarian purpose -- some of which were off the charts, but made perfect sense to her. I'm talking "moldy pizza crust used to feed dying parakeet found on Texas highway" sort of crazy.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited February 2007
    I was at a Home Depot and parked next to a station wagon that was filled with garbage, flies and everything....dumbfounded, I thought it was abandoned. When I came back, gone....weird.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited February 2007
    I'll bet she's HOT!
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited February 2007
    Ok I'm confused the story states Cape Cod Ma, the link goes to my Local 6 in Central Florida?

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• zombie boy 2000
    edited February 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    I'll bet she's HOT!

I'm thinking she is...
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2007
    I'm thinking even without the garbage there was still a lot of trash in that car. :p
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2007
    disneyjoe7 wrote:
    Ok I'm confused the story states Cape Cod Ma, the link goes to my Local 6 in Central Florida?

"Local 6" in Florida loves to pick up "bizarre" stories from around the country, so most stories like this tend to come from them, regardless of where in teh country they actually take place.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • jkn
    jkn Posts: 133
    edited February 2007
    We've seen three of these cars around here - completely filled with garbage - only the drivers seat is able to be sat in. Otherwise, the entire back seat and passenger seat is a huge mound of garbage.

It's always a bit startling when we run across one of them - which is every few months.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited February 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:
    "Local 6" in Florida loves to pick up "bizarre" stories from around the country, so most stories like this tend to come from them, regardless of where in teh country they actually take place.

LOL Bob I don't like local news or local papers in Central Florida a complete downer for me. I call it all Mickey Mouse News, at least I think Disney has an influence on the local news. IMHO Tampa news is better, if I could get that local but my antenna is facing the other way :(

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited February 2007
    Ewwwwwww!:eek:

I have seen that before too but more in people's houses. It may be a mental illness but disgusting nonetheless.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • joeaudio26
    joeaudio26 Posts: 97
    edited February 2007
    Seen this same thread on carsound...:p
    Whatsoever thy handfindeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is nor work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.