Microsoft Windows Live OneCare install

polkatese
polkatese Posts: 6,767
edited February 2007 in The Clubhouse
I am having a hardtime installing WLOC, anyone use this protection? I am migrating from Symantec Norton Internet Security..Been stuck on the install step for the past two days.

Any install advice is appreciated. I am at Error ID: 0019-80070659.

TIA
I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
Post edited by polkatese on

Comments

• BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2007
    Is Norton still running? Did you already uninstall it?

Often times if another anti-virus is running it will stop you from installing a new one.

If that doesn't work, try a safe mode install.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited February 2007
    Ditto that, Norton Symantic is incompatible with all other virus software. I think the **** made it that way. Disable Norton, install WLOC, then disable Windows defender, activate Norton. I have Norton running and Defender is disabled. This has worked for me. I don't know about the Live OnceCare?

Take everything I say with a grain of salt, I'm not an IT guy, I'm an engineer and I know how to eff things up:D Good luck!
    Carl

• polkatese
    edited February 2007
    Thanks, guys.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2007
    polkatese wrote:
    Thanks, guys.

Does that mean it worked?
  • polkatese
    edited February 2007
    It means that I am going to try safe install again, after this. when I tried before, it won't let me install it in safe mode (some msi install services are not running in safe mode). I started doing this since Thursday night, a couple hours on Friday, 6 hours on yesterday, and some today. Bill Gates oughta compensate me for all these grieves to install $20 protection. I can put on A Trojan in 1 second flat...:)