A recap of my... incredibly strange week+

VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,567
edited February 2007 in The Clubhouse
Well, Sunday of last week...

I was going to work, my sister was parked behind me and I was fully ackownledging this... but then my Mom started talking to me, so I get in my truck...

I start it up, put it in reverse - don't think anything about it! Then all of the sudden my truck comes to a halt, everything stops. My Mom is looking at me in absolute disbelief. I get out and just cant believe what happened. Nothing is wrong with my truck, but my sisters brand new 02 Jetta has some nice dings on it now. But my truck looks like nothing happened to it, the towing package of the truck hit it - with the 3/8 steel bumper middle.

So then I pull out, had to go to church.... on the way to church I had only gone about 150 feet from my house. On the other side of the road there is a car with a SUV behind it - the SUV decides it wants to pass the car, cut it off and run them into the grass.... the car comes to a stop and the SUV keeps going. What on earth.

So I go to church, on the way back I go to Autobell... (way to cold to wash my truck) - so the guy at Autobell is "cleaning" my windows on the inside (HAHA, clean) - the guy takes a nice right hook to my rear view mirror, he knocks it off. I wait 45 minutes for them to put it back on, and not only did he put it back on - he put it back on 2" lower than it was. Effer.

So I get back in my truck, pull out of autobell - go about 100 feet down the road. There is a hummer about 8 car links ahead me. So Im passing the hummer, the light turns red and I stop. The left turning lane goes green, the hummer is at a 45 degree angle - and instead of straightening up, the hummer just continues to go forward and goes straight into the power pole. WTF is wrong with people today, haha - so the guy backs up, then proceeds forward over the median and does a U-Turn, wth... lol

So from there, my friends comes and kidnap me. I go with my friend who drives a full size 82 blazer w/ a 302 big block, an absolute bus of a vehicle. So we are going down my road, the sun is level with the road, and we are approaching a stop light that has clearly turned red....

So Im sitting there, "Zack, the light is red." - Zack is still going full bore. "Zack, the light is red." At this point, cars have started to go into the middle of the intersection. Zack finally says oh sh... - hits the brakes, and thankfully swerves around the cars without us just dieing.

At this point, after all of this happening in a.... 7 hour period. The world could go into a black hole and itd seem normal.

Ok, so I get a speeding ticket thursday or friday - dont remember. But regardless, I was going 51 in a 35, my drivers license had expired by 8 days due to my birthday just happening. I had totally forgotten about that.

Monday of this week, my radiator decides to go out, it had completely corroded out and was throwing antifreeze all over my engine.

So I get that fixed, $314 later.

So the week is going pretty normal.

So today I go to McDonalds, I pull up to the drive through, going to get a milk shake. Im about to tell the woman what I want and I hear this loud BOOOOM!

I get out, and there is this guy driving a red Chevy S10, hes standing there with the look of astonishment on his face, like dude - I have no idea how that happened. So I walk around to the back of my truck, and I look and he had hit the towing package of my truck as well. Hitting that good ol 3/8" thick steel middle bumper piece. Absolutely zero damage to my truck.

I look at his and the middle of his bumper had caved in, he had a triangular bumper - was very interesting.

He comments... Well, we don't have to call anyone do we? We're cool right." I basically replied, well, theres nothing wrong with mine - I guess we're cool, don't worry about it.

So... yeah, what a weird effing week. Not much else can happen I dont think.

Yall have fun. If you read all that - cool. Its a cool week to look back on. I know I wont soon forget it.
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
Post edited by VR3 on

Comments

• joeparaski
    joeparaski Posts: 1,865
    edited February 2007
    Seeing that your license has expired, don't bother renewing it, take the bus.:D :D

Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.
  • VR3
    edited February 2007
    I already got my mug shot retaken.

Good stuff, now it expires in 2 years!

haha
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2007
    Wow, man. I'm glad I don't live there! Though, to tell the truth, drivers are just as crazy here. I've seen a lot of craziness this semester, but nothing like a Hummer driving straight into a power pole and a friend taking me through a busy intersection!

Glad you survived it all ok, though.

Oh, and you should tell your sis she should've gone to church. Problem solved. :D
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited February 2007
    Did you actually make it into church,,or just drive by ? :)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • audiobliss
    edited February 2007
    Did you actually make it into church,,or just drive by ? :)
    Oh yeah, he pulled into church...right through the wall beside the baptistry. ;):D
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited February 2007
    That sound believable :eek:
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • VR3
    edited February 2007
    Unfortunately...if that were to happen I just wouldnt of been surprised at all.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    edited February 2007
    That'll teach you to go to church.
    Sal Palooza
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited February 2007
    So what happened out of the usuall???
  • pblanc
    pblanc Posts: 261
    edited February 2007
    It seems this entire sequence of events was initiated by going to church. Have you considered taking up Devil worship?
  • VR3
    edited February 2007
    Hahahahaha.

I knew Satan was a good man. A little hot. But good.

:D
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2007
    The fact that you got a speeding ticket that same week boggles my mind. If I witness all of that, I would be driving 10MPH below the speed limit for weeks to avoid any further problems :)
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited February 2007
    Please post an intinerary of your upcoming driving schedule.:D
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited February 2007
    Metal note registered. When traveling to NC, never drive.
    :D :eek:
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • VR3
    edited February 2007
    Haha...

Oddly enough, I dont drive except to work, school, church - when I venture outside of that I see all kinds of crazy stuff.

Who the hell gets hit in a McDonalds drive through... hahaha
  • audiobliss
    edited February 2007
    Well, you asked...

A guy I worked with over the summer was quite a character. Early 20's (21? 22?), liked to have a good time, et al. Well, he drove a junker for fun, it was something like a mid-80's Corrola...some piece of junk that couldn't even keep up with the flow of traffic on the highway, and a few of his buddies had similar cars. So just for fun, they'd stage accidents. One he told me about was two of them in a drive-thru (McDonalds? sure, we'll go with that), him in front and a buddy behind him. His buddy ran into him about the time he pulled up to the window, and he came shooting out of his car yelling and carrying on, ready to strangle the guy.

Sounds like it could possibly be fun.
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited February 2007
    Please post an intinerary of your upcoming driving schedule.:D

Yeah so I can be off the road when he is behind the wheel! LOL
  • VR3
    edited February 2007
    Dude...

If I had a junker car....

I would tear it to hell....

I have a friend with one and we body slammed someone on the top of the car. Ah ha!
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited February 2007
    Trey, i guess had you seen those little green men from the planet Zoron... it would have made perfect sense.. it would have gone with the type of day/week you just had. ha ha ha.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • pblanc
    pblanc Posts: 261
    edited February 2007
    Simple solution! 1. Quit work 2. Quit school 3. Don't go to church 4. Stay home and listen to music all day.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited February 2007
    I knew Satan was a good man. A little hot.
    To top off your strange week, and on a Sunday no less, you're now saying you think men are hot.......

It has definitely been a different week for you.....i'll give ya that......
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited February 2007
    I go with my friend who drives a full size 82 blazer w/ a 302 big block, an absolute bus of a vehicle.

Isn't 302 a little small for a big block?

But yea, a crazy week for sure, I've had a few of those but never like that.
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • audiobliss
    edited February 2007
    ledhed wrote:
    Isn't 302 a little small for a big block?
    I almost called him out on that, but then realized that displacement doesn't necessarily dictate block size, and I don't know if that engine's a BB or a SB.
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited February 2007
    audiobliss wrote:
    I almost called him out on that, but then realized that displacement doesn't necessarily dictate block size, and I don't know if that engine's a BB or a SB.

I'm not sure either. A Ford 302 is a SB. I'm not up on Chevy V8s below 5.7liters
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • VR3
    edited February 2007
    The 305 or w/e it is is normally a small block, but apparently his is a big block.
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited February 2007
    Dude, you just got 10 years of accidents over in one week. You're golden until your 30's.
  • VR3
    edited February 2007
    Who the heck knows what will happen tommorow.

Today was pretty normal though.

I go to the lawyer Wednesday. That can't turn out good. Haha
  • audiobliss
    edited February 2007
    ledhed wrote:
    I'm not sure either. A Ford 302 is a SB. I'm not up on Chevy V8s below 5.7liters
    Oooh, now you got me to thinking. Was Chevy's smaller V8 a 302...or a 305? Shoot, this is embarassing...I should know!!!
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • VR3
    edited February 2007
    302 = Ford, 305 = Chevy
  • audiobliss
    edited February 2007
    Thanks for clearing that up for me! ;)
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]