front stage help

steven1234
steven1234 Posts: 4
edited February 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
i am looking for a good front stage in my 01 jetta but i am having trouble find a nice set of 6 1/2 in comps. I mean i would like to hear them before i buy them, but in my area there arent really many places that have speakers on display that could listen to or even in car set ups. Right now im runing a set of diamond audio hex speakers in my front doors. They sound pretty good with my door deadened just around the speaker they have alot of mid bass just runing of the stock amp. But really i am wondering if i could get more I was looking into trying diamond d9 line but not quite sure.. i was wanted to check out a set of boston Z6's but id like to hear them. Iv been told alot of other brands that would be good but more or less there all outa country brands, like helix,morel,hertz,and rainbow. WEll i live in upstate NJ about 20 mins from NY if some one could give me an idea on what i should let me know.
Post edited by steven1234 on

Comments

• dolfan87
    dolfan87 Posts: 114
    edited February 2007
    Well, since you are on a Polk website, I am sure you know that the Polk SR6500 are another option. They are getting rave reviews everywhere.

If you are 20 minutes from NY, go find a place and audition some speakers.

Personally I run Image Dynamic components, but I would switch to the Polks in a heartbeat if I had the money.
    1970 Mach 1: ///ALPINE DVA 9860 H.U and H701 processor. Image Dynamics CSX 52 components, and IDQ D4 Sub. Polk/Momo 400.4 and 500.1 amps.
  • Joelsbass
    Joelsbass Posts: 637
    edited February 2007
    If you're running off of the stock HU amp as you said your first step in improving your front soundstage would be an amplifier. believe me, putting in in aftermarket amplifier will show a world of improvement in your volume and your lows will become much more robust as the lower frequencies require the most power to reproduce.

Polk has some very solid quality amps, tell us the RMS power handling of your components and we can suggest a model for you!
    MacLeod: I guess youre lucky Polk has such lax hiring standards.

Josh: Damn skippy!
  • steven1234
    steven1234 Posts: 4
    edited February 2007
    well i dont have a stock head unit im running a pionner 8800mprs or something like that and the amp i wanna use for my front stage is diamond audio d6 300.4 which i wanna bridge to 150 watts.and trying to find a place to audiotion speakers around here really sucks. places around here more or less just tells me that they can order them if id like them to.
  • Joelsbass
    Joelsbass Posts: 637
    edited February 2007
    upgrade the amp first with your current speakers, see how it sounds. if you're still not satisfied you've already got the amp and wiring all you'd have to do is change out the speakers.
    MacLeod: I guess youre lucky Polk has such lax hiring standards.

Josh: Damn skippy!
  • 1996blackmax
    1996blackmax Posts: 2,436
    edited February 2007
    I actually bought my Rainbow speakers from an authorized dealer in NJ. He carries alot of other high end lines as well. His shop is called Unexpected Creations... I believe it's in Eddison (SP).
    Alpine: CDA-7949
    Alpine: PXA-H600
    Alpine: CHA-S624, KCA-420i, KCA-410C
    Rainbow: CS 265 Profi Phase Plug / SL 165
    ARC Audio: 4150-XXK / 1500v1-XXK
    JL Audio: 10W6v2 (x2)
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin