Poly switches for my 2.3s

Options
nobleone
nobleone Posts: 3
edited February 2007 in Vintage Speakers
Hello all,
Just wanted to share a story and a thank you.
Long story short- For years no room for my 2.3s so the bad poly switches were a moot point. I considered selling them.
I now have room.A few weeks back on a Wed., I e-mailed Ken Swauger for parts and that Sat. found poly switches in the mail.
The new switches are in, the highs are back and ......YEEEESSSS!!! I remember why in 1989 I bought speakers I really couldn't afford.

Classified- Polk SRS SDA 2.3.......NOT! for sale!!! ( :

Take care all
Post edited by nobleone on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,834
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Yep, you can't beat Polk's Customer Service and you can't beat SDA's.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Yeah man, Polk CS, especially Ken are seriously on the ball. I have a set of Poly switches that STILL need to be installed on my SRS 2.3's. Yep, one day.

Good job sir and very good of you not selling them.

John
    No excuses!
  • riglehart
    riglehart Posts: 276
    edited February 2007
    Options
    nobleone wrote:
    Hello all,
    The new switches are in, the highs are back and ......YEEEESSSS!!!

I have some 2.3s and the poly switches have tripped on me a couple times since I got them. Are you saying that the new switches made the sound quality better? Or your tweeters just work again?

If the sound improved, I might have another project.
    Jolida Tube
    Polk 11T, 7, 5, 5jr, 4
    Standard equip not worth bragging about.
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited February 2007
    Options
    nobleone wrote:
    The new switches are in, the highs are back and ......YEEEESSSS!!!

Congrats on the repaired 2.3s and welcome to CP.

To rh,

Not done for better sound per-say but instead so the tweets work properly without cutting out. The polys follow a path of degradation starting with the odd trip to the more often trip to tripping at lower and lower listening levels and more and more often resulting in very undesirable listening sessions.
    However, if you hardly ever listen at high levels you will probably **** this downhill progression. If you like it loud though, it may be another story. (Like the one above.)
  • nobleone
    nobleone Posts: 3
    edited February 2007
    Options
    I never abused my speakers. What my old roommates may have done with them may be a different story. My switches started to trip more and more often over the years, but the speakers were hardly used and only at extremely low levels when they were. Recently I revived my old setup and found I had no highs at all. SO.......I really don't know how it progressed.
    Anyway, I'm back to re listening to all my music thinking" I never heard that before" just like I did when they were new!