Anyone watch UFC 47?

MikeC78
MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
edited February 2007 in The Clubhouse
What are your guy's thoughts of the fights?

What did you all think of that Mirco Cro-Cop, did you guys here those kicks? I thought he was going to take that guys head off!:eek:
Post edited by MikeC78 on

Comments

• fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited February 2007
    67 ;)

Yeah I watched. Was that your first time seeing him? He is as good as the hype. Quentin Jackson is my favorite fighter though. His performance was good, but not great. He really hasn't been the same since Vanderlei Silva wrecked him a couple years ago, but this was the best he's looked since then I'd say.

The main event was pretty good too, dispite being non-title. Lutter did better than I thought he would, but the finish by Silva was nice.

Mirko vs. Vanderlei highlight:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E22Yden49MM
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited February 2007
    Saw it thought it was a good fight.
  • MikeC78
    edited February 2007
    Yeah, I ment 67! Damn, UFC 47 was a long time ago!

I've never seen or heard Mirco fight before, but then again I usually only watch UFC. I didn't even know there was a Croatian bada** around, besides me!:D

Mike
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited February 2007
    dissapointed they couldnt match cro-cop against a better fighter. Sanchez was supposed to be pretty good, but that poor **** didnt have a chance. those roundhouse kicks were DEVESTATING!

Sanchez running around the ring with his hand on his forehead, as if to say "what the f&*k was I thinking taking this fight!?!?!?!" was my personal favorite moment

with Jackson's opponent (Eastman), you can tell he was ready to rock. He went into that fight knowing he had a chance, and he fought accordingly until he just took a bad one on the button

Sanchez? he had defeat in his eyes during prefight warmup in the locker room. Perhaps it was repeated calls from mom on his cell phone begging him to just run away from Mandalay Bay as fast as he can. no Momma wants to see her baby get hurt :D

Sanchez looked panicked and disjointed from the moment the fight started. I never saw him fight before, so I cant comment on how his style (*or lack thereof) compared to his usual in ring demeanor.

The Silva Lutter fight was pretty damn good. One of those rare ground battles that were fun to watch. Many people downplayed Silva's ground abilities compared to Lutters, and they seemed to be wrong. You knew the minute that triangle was on, it was OVER.

plus, how the effing hell do you miss weight walking into a championship fight?!?!?!?!
    my fat **** could make a weight if that much was on the line...LOL
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • MikeC78
    edited February 2007
    Yeah, I thought the cro-cop fight was horribly matched as well...

I think they just through him in the ring to get his **** handed to him.
  • ohskigod
    edited February 2007
    I put a little blame on Sanchez as well. your in a situation where you have nothing to lose. all you have to do is make a good showing and your good to go, and god forbid you win? you just beat a legend.

Like I said, maybe I'm wrong for saying this since I have not seen Sanchez fight before, but he was 8-0 before the fight, so I have to think he could have made it more of a fight if he put more heart in it.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • MikeC78
    edited February 2007
    I think as soon as he got kicked, that was it for him... he was like "holy **** this guy kicks hard" and didn't want any more of it! Cro-cop literaly chased his **** around the ring the whole fight, pathetic.
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited February 2007
    MikeC78 wrote:
    Yeah, I ment 67! Damn, UFC 47 was a long time ago!

I've never seen or heard Mirco fight before, but then again I usually only watch UFC. I didn't even know there was a Croatian bada** around, besides me!:D

Mike
    Better order a couple Pride ppv's to see what you've been missing.
  • MikeC78
    edited February 2007
    fireshoes wrote:
    Better order a couple Pride ppv's to see what you've been missing.

Will do, this guy is pretty interesting...

UFC will be pretty interesting as well since he will be fighting guys like Tim Silvia and now out of retirement Randy Couture. I think he now wishes he stayed in retirement!;)
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2007
    The guys fighting Cro-Cop and Rampage were just cannon fodder. They were just thrown out there so those guys could get an easy first win. Their next fights will be tougher but I still think theyll dominate. I like the UFC better because Ive been watching it since the first one but Pride does have the better fighters. And Cro-Cop and Rampage are awesome. That video of Vanderleigh (sp) Silve doesnt do him justice. This guy is a certifiable monster.

Im really looking forward to the Rampage/Liddell fight. Rampage beat the crap out of Liddell a few years a go and itll be very interesting to see a rematch.

But still, Fedor is the man.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited February 2007
    Liddell is going to get the crap kicked out of him again by Rampage... period.

Tim Silvia better watch out too. He's never been stalked like CroCop does.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2007
    Silvia is a mixed bag. I dont really think hes all that great of a fighter techincally, but he's the toughest **** Ive ever seen! When Frank Mir BROKE HIS ARM a while back and Silvia still wouldnt tap out and even fought the ref over having the fight stopped! Incredible.

The Liddell of today is a far better fighter than he was just a few years ago. It wont be an easy fight but I think he may be able to hold Rampage off. The Pride ring is a lot smaller than the Octagon and its square so Rampage was able to get Liddell in the corner a lot easier and then overpower him. No corners really in the Octagon so Liddell should be able to stay away from him better, and if he can do that, he has an excellent shot of winning with one of his 1 punch knockouts. He has the best takedown defense in the world. Either way, itll be the fight of the year!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • ohskigod
    edited February 2007
    in fighting like this, you never really know whats going to happen, but you can assume. I actually give Lidell's chance against rampage for more merit than Silvia's against cro-cop, but I can certainly be wrong.

Isn't Silvia fighting Coutoure in the next UPC?
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• MikeC78
    edited February 2007
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited February 2007
    Yup and my money's on Coutoure. I think he'll get him down and it's over.

Liddell is a ton better than he was a few years ago but I still think Rampage is going to out power him if they get clinched up. Liddell chooses to stand back and play the striking game. Rampage will get him to the ground and out power him. He did it in Pride (in the middle of the ring if I remember correctly), he'll do it again.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.