UNC vs Duke

hoosier21
hoosier21 Posts: 4,411
edited February 2007 in The Clubhouse
Game in and game out, does it get any better than watch these two schools pound on each other on the court?
Dodd - Battery Preamp
Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
Outlaw ICBM - crossover
Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
Post edited by hoosier21 on

Comments

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2007
    College hoops at it's best. Looks liKe NC takes this one.

Add Kentucky, Kansas and UCLA to the mix and whenever these teams play each other you are generally going to see good basketball. (something about the color blue maybe?)

The greatest game I've ever watched was the KY vs Duke for the 1992 East regional final.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • unc2701
    unc2701 Posts: 3,587
    edited February 2007
    Damn straight. People get more into this game than the superbowl around here.
    Gallo Ref 3.1 : Bryston 4b SST : Musical fidelity CD Pre : VPI HW-19
    Gallo Ref AV, Frankengallo Ref 3, LC60i : Bryston 9b SST : Meridian 565
    Jordan JX92s : MF X-T100 : Xray v8
    Backburner:Krell KAV-300i
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited February 2007
    yea, there OK if there's not a Big Ten game on.

RT1
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited February 2007
    shack wrote:
    The greatest game I've ever watched was the KY vs Duke for the 1992 East regional final.

Gonna agree wholeheartedly with ya on this one. People always remember The Shot, but it was the play and clutch shooting from both teams before Christian's winning basket that really made this game.

I wasn't a fan of either team, but my fingernails were completely decimated after this battle. Interestingly enough, this is the only game my mom has ever seen. Not one before or after. I think she still believes all games are like this:D I remember her saying something like "this is why I don't watch sports". Too much tension for her to handle, I suppose.

UNC and Duke is always a treat to watch.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • unc2701
    unc2701 Posts: 3,587
    edited February 2007
    yea, there OK if there's not a Big Ten game on.

RT1

ACC / Big Ten Challenge over the last eight years:

ACC 8
    Big Ten 0

Hmmmmmmmm.
    Gallo Ref 3.1 : Bryston 4b SST : Musical fidelity CD Pre : VPI HW-19
    Gallo Ref AV, Frankengallo Ref 3, LC60i : Bryston 9b SST : Meridian 565
    Jordan JX92s : MF X-T100 : Xray v8
    Backburner:Krell KAV-300i
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited February 2007
    Big Ten rocks, best conference ever, no matter if someone is confused.

This year its Wisconsin and Ohio State rockin and rollin. Someday we might let some teams from those weaker conferences in, if they can really prove themselves over the long run. Maybe Kentucky could make it in the Big Ten.

RT1