Snow.....

Ricardo
Ricardo Posts: 10,636
edited February 2007 in The Clubhouse
We don't get that much snow here, but we do get 2 or 3 big ones (big meaning more than 6 inches). This year, this is our first one; going on 4 inches already and it's supposed to continue for several hours....

Looks beautiful.....until I grab the shovel :mad:

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
SOPA
Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
Post edited by Ricardo on

Comments

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,160
    edited February 2007
    It's been snowing since 7:00 AM and we have gotten about 4 inches. Lots and lots of people off in the ditches. The temp has been hovering around ZERO all day and when the snow falls hits the salt left on the streets it liquifys and then re-freezes into ice. Real nice combo :eek: . What a mess!!
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited February 2007
    Went home for lunch and driving wasn't bad but pretty slow. On the way back everything was fine till I got in our companies parking lot and I got stuck. Took me 15min to get into a parking space. (thankfully it was not already occupied.)

Michael

BTW - about 3-4" as of lunch.
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited February 2007
    We haven't gotten a whole lot of snow here at all this year and it is worrisome. Snowfall in winter will affect how much water is available in the summer and wether or not we are under drought conditions.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited February 2007
    We've got about 7" so far and it's still dropping at a pretty good rate.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited February 2007
    It's heading our way (Baltimore) and should get here tonight. It should be enough to create a mess to make the morning commute a total cluster f***! We're looking at about 10 degrees tonight also.
    No excuses!
  • Soccerplyr
    Soccerplyr Posts: 160
    edited February 2007
    Having rough weather here as well. 73, sunny and not a cloud in the sky. Had to turn the AC on in the car. Sucks
    Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH
    Monolith 7x200 Amplifier
    Harmony Hub
    Sony VLP-HW40ES
    Visualapex 106" Electric Screen
    Oppo BDP-103
    Music Hall MMF 2.1
    Polk LSiM 705
    Polk LSiM704c
    Polk LSiM702F/X
    SVS PB-2000
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited February 2007
    Panic

Milk, Bread, Toilet Paper.

Milk, Bread, Toilet Paper.

and beer.
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited February 2007
    Soccerplyr wrote:
    Having rough weather here as well. 73, sunny and not a cloud in the sky. Had to turn the AC on in the car. Sucks

Up your **** with that 73 degrees! ;)
    No excuses!
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited February 2007
    ND13 wrote:

hey Noel....I was going to call you to see if everything was fine....we even had a thread wondering what had happened with you. Hope everything's ok.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited February 2007
    Soccerplyr wrote:

Haha, funny funny...

I just came from San Diego and the traffic you have from TJ everday definetly out does the crappy weather we have in IL!:p

Mike
  • Soccerplyr
    edited February 2007
    MikeC78 wrote:
    Haha, funny funny...

I just came from San Diego and the traffic you have from TJ everday definetly out does the crappy weather we have in IL!:p

Mike

Never go south of the 54 freeway! Scary down there.

Traffic has definitely gotten worse over the last couple years. My 12 mile drive to work has gone from 12-15 minutes to 20-30 minutes.

Can't have everything perfect down here.
    Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH
    Monolith 7x200 Amplifier
    Harmony Hub
    Sony VLP-HW40ES
    Oppo BDP-103
    Music Hall MMF 2.1
    Polk LSiM 705
    Polk LSiM704c
    Polk LSiM702F/X
    SVS PB-2000
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited February 2007
    Soccerplyr wrote:
    Never go south of the 54 freeway! Scary down there.

Traffic has definitely gotten worse over the last couple years. My 12 mile drive to work has gone from 12-15 minutes to 20-30 minutes.

Can't have everything perfect down here.

Yep, I use to drive that direction everyday. I'd take the 54 to the 805 south and then take Telegrapgh Canyon to the house. I lived in Eastlake burbs, in Chula Vista. Nice neighborhood, terrible traffic that I don't miss at all!

Mike
  • Soccerplyr
    edited February 2007
    I know that area well. It was part of my original sales territory. Eastlake is growing like a weed. Very nice area.
    Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH
    Monolith 7x200 Amplifier
    Harmony Hub
    Sony VLP-HW40ES
    Oppo BDP-103
    Music Hall MMF 2.1
    Polk LSiM 705
    Polk LSiM704c
    Polk LSiM702F/X
    SVS PB-2000
  • izafar
    izafar Posts: 819
    edited February 2007
    Not much snow here in CT. Prior year average to this date is around 20", but this year we are at 3". My son is really missing it and gets disappointed when ever we just get some flurries.
    -izafar

Goldenear Technology Triton 1 - Benchmark AHB2 - Benchmark LA4 - Auralic Vega - Auralic Aries Mini - Marantz TT-15S1 - Clearaudio Nano
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited February 2007
    If anyone gets tired of snow, send some down here. I'm missing my big snowstorms of upstate ny.
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited February 2007
    1" to 2" in Pittsburgh, nothing to get excited about. We haven't had much of a Winter until the last two weeks. Now, I'm really sick of it. I want to work in my garden!
    Carl

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited February 2007
    We didn't have winter here until around the last two weeks however old man winter blew in hard as of yesterday. . . single digits, sub-zero wind chills . . . I feel for you guys in the mid-country area.

Heck we haven't had more than a dusting here and there and by morning it's gone.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2007
    ND13 wrote:
    Noel, we've been missing you! You been hanging in there alright? It's good to see some activity from you!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • atrustsd
    atrustsd Posts: 27
    edited February 2007
    Soccerplyr wrote:
    yeah I agree with Soccerplyr it's been rough here and I think also less than 4" of rain so far. Honey!let's have a drink by the pool.