What did you take in school?

2»

Comments

• jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited February 2007
    Ok, that'd make sense. The first of the class was launched last May.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited February 2007
    Yeah dude, I've been out of school for almost 7 years. What's the class about if you don't mind me asking?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • TennesseeOutlaw
    TennesseeOutlaw Posts: 414
    edited February 2007
    I went to the Pensacola Jr. College.. BS in Business Admin.. I currently do not use a bit of my education.. I am still doing what I was to put me through college to begin with.. (Slangin Beer's) Actually I was offered a management position at work, but to be honest with you it would be a huge paycut plus 10x the responsibility and headache..
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited February 2007
    No offense intended, but reading that defense of the IT industry I couldn't help but imagine Jimmy Fallon playing "Nick Burns: Your Company Computer Guy" from SNL :D

The stereotype is perpetuated everywhere.
  • Skynut
    Skynut Posts: 2,967
    edited February 2007
    I studied pretengineering.

Thats the art of pretending to know how to engineer.
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Panamax 5510 power conditioner (for electronics)
    2 PSAudio UPC-200 power conditioners (for amps)
    Front L/R RT3000p (Bi-Wired)
    Center CS1000p (Bi-Wired) (under the television)
    Center RT2000p's (Bi-Wired) (on each side of the television)
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

www.ShadetreesMachineShop.com
    Thanks for looking
  • PhantomOG
    edited February 2007
    I took "Intro to Massage" for my PE credit :D

It was always fun going to class once a week and partnering up with some sorority hottie and getting a message for 30min. and then returning the favor :p
  • jdhdiggs
    edited February 2007
    Jstas wrote:
    Yeah dude, I've been out of school for almost 7 years. What's the class about if you don't mind me asking?

High speed logistics support. It's whole purpose is connect carrier battle groups to their support bases and make sure they don't run out of missles/bombs/torpedos/spare parts/gas/food/etc...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2007
    PhantomOG wrote:

It was always fun going to class once a week and partnering up with some sorority hottie and getting a message for 30min. and then returning the favor :p

I took Yoga for my PE credit. It was also fun watching sorority hotties bending in fun positions for two hours a week. :D
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Jstas
    edited February 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    High speed logistics support. It's whole purpose is connect carrier battle groups to their support bases and make sure they don't run out of missles/bombs/torpedos/spare parts/gas/food/etc...

Ah. I see. I'd tell you more about what we've already done on that at work but, I can't.

• jdhdiggs
    edited February 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I took Yoga for my PE credit. It was also fun watching sorority hotties bending in fun positions for two hours a week. :D

We had to do a PE101 crap course that introduced different things every week. On week was Tai Chi and another power napping.

John: That's about all I can tell you about the ship as well. We also did a lot of work on the manufacturing of the B-2 Spirit as well, but again, that's about all we can say.
  • Jstas
    edited February 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    We had to do a PE101 crap course that introduced different things every week. On week was Tai Chi and another power napping.

Wow! I got lucky then! Pennsylvania didn't require the PE courses for graduation until my Junior year(4th year, Drexel has 5 classes, Freshman, Sophomore, Pre-Junior, Junior and Senior). Drexel didn't care about PE courses and only offered them as electives. Since I was already in my 4th year, PA grandfathered those of us who hadn't taken a single PE course so we didn't have to take 8 courses of PE our Junior and Senior years. I graduated without ever setting foot in a PE waste of time class! WOOHOO!

• Midnite Mick
    Midnite Mick Posts: 1,591
    edited February 2007
    PhantomOG wrote:

YOU WIN!
    Modwright SWL 9.0 SE (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Consonance cd120T
    Consonance Cyber 800 tube monoblocks (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC's with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Usher CP 6311

Phillips Pronto TS1000 Universal Remote
  • PhantomOG
    edited February 2007
    YOU WIN!

My freshman year roommate was even more brave and took "Swedish Massage" where they used oils every week. :eek:

But from our conversations it seemed liked the hotter girls were in my class :cool:
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited February 2007
    I'm in for a BA in Film. I'll probably focus on producing. It is nice to watch movies for homework :)
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited February 2007
    Mostly pot, but an occasional microdot reared it's ugly head....LOL
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • glemay
    glemay Posts: 574
    edited February 2007
    Hey guys,

It's great to see how many of you guys have responded to the thread. It's interesting to see what everyone else has taken in school. Thanks for the replies.

gerry
    Main System:
    Denon AVR-2805, Polk Audio RTi70's, Polk Audio CSi40, Polk Audio FXi50, Paradigm PW-2200 v.2, Toshiba 42XV545U HDTV

Second System:
    Denon AVR-1705, Polk Audio R40, Polk Audio CS245i, Polk Audio R15, Paradigm PS-1200a
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2007
    This has been pretty interesting to read through. However, none of it has helped me decide what in the world I wanna do. :(

I think I'm pretty much gonna end up taking a TON of classes at this community college before transferring....
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited February 2007
    audiobliss wrote:
    This has been pretty interesting to read through. However, none of it has helped me decide what in the world I wanna do. :(

I think I'm pretty much gonna end up taking a TON of classes at this community college before transferring....

Electronic and Mechanical engineering along with a strong background in physics. Then you can design speakers, amps and such :D
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited February 2007
    Oulu Institute of Technology, BS in Robotics. Class of '96. Never worked a day directly in that field, chose software engineering instead. I have thought of getting Masters in CS but after 10 years I really don't see the benefits outweighting the negatives.
  • POLKOHOLIC
    POLKOHOLIC Posts: 407
    edited February 2007
    Im still an undergrad at Pace University - Lubin School of Business...doing my Bachelors in Business Administration majoring in Finance and Economics. Hopefully graduating in Sept 2008. I want to go into investment banking or financial analysis. I hope to become a corporate ****.
    seo wrote:
    BS - Chemical Engineering
    Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology - Terre Haute, IN

Thats a nice engineering school...
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    edited February 2007
    steveinaz wrote:
    Mostly pot, but an occasional microdot reared it's ugly head....LOL

One can see to the far side of forever through the window pane.

:cool:
    Sal Palooza
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2007
    BS in Business Administration with concentration in Entrepreneurship(mostly MIS stuff) and Marketing from Northeastern University in Boston. I'm currently in my last year there working at Procter & Gamble(Gillette) for my last co-op job.

Hoping to have a full time position offer from them this year.