Circuit City shipping SUCKS

PolkThug
PolkThug Posts: 7,532
edited February 2007 in The Clubhouse
I was hoping to have "Polk My Ride: Truck Season Episode 1" done by now...

I live in Kansas, my package started out one state away in Oklahoma. I still don't have it. grrr!

ccship.jpg
Post edited by PolkThug on

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited February 2007
    Wow that is bad. I ordered a SurroundBar from Crutchfield. It shipped from VA Monday afternoon, I received it Wednesday morning via UPS ground.
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited February 2007
    hence why I haven't stepped foot in a CC for 8 years since I quit there.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,315
    edited February 2007
    Damn,That thing is goin' for a ride...last scan,Earth City...that's west St.Louis...you might get it today...unless it goes back to WV. :D

Which carrier is this?
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited February 2007
    Is that package just making a circle around your house? OK-TX-WI-WV--MO-WI-KS-MO ... Perpetual limbo man...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited February 2007
    See, the thing is your package is in 17 pieces and pieces you do get will be beat to ****. Not so much an indictment of CC but of UPS or Fedex. Why don't you have them hold it for you at Earth City and drive 8 hours+ round trip? You'll have it faster! ;)

I received a movie shipment from Amazon over the weekend shipped USPS. It had been retaped and was stamped Received Unsealed. One of the two movies was missing. I sent Amazon an email yesterday afternoon about. A couple hours later I got an email back saying that a replacement would be shipped asap with no charge or I could cancel for a refund. Pretty good service in my book.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited February 2007
    wth is a Sortation Center?:D What I think they mean is "other people's homes" in a hit or miss delivery strategy..
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2007
    The Chinese say it best: "Circuit ****"
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    The Chinese say it best: "Circuit ****"

I did a lot of my Christmas shopping online with Circuit City this year. Bought an external HD, A DVD burner, DVD player, SD memory card...all at great prices. Placed the order and drove by the next day or so to pay and pick up. The only problem was they all had rebates (about $140 worth). However, I did them online, mailed in the stuff, was able to track them online and they sent me an email when the checks were mailed. Not much hassle really. My CC experience was actually pleasant this year.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Demiurge
    edited February 2007
    shack wrote:
    I did a lot of my Christmas shopping online with Circuit City this year. Bought an external HD, A DVD burner, DVD player, SD memory card...all at great prices. Placed the order and drove by the next day or so to pay and pick up. The only problem was they all had rebates (about $140 worth). However, I did them online, mailed in the stuff, was able to track them online and they sent me an email when the checks were mailed. Not much hassle really. My CC experience was actually pleasant this year.

I was honestly just trying to get in a cheap joke. I am okay with CC as well so far. :D
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    I was honestly just trying to get in a cheap joke.

We know you were...
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • jdhdiggs
    edited February 2007
    PT: CC is working to fix the situation, trust me... ;)
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Demiurge
    edited February 2007
  • jdhdiggs
    edited February 2007
    Well, actually I can't get at this particular package but we are working on a long term solution to their SNAFU's.
  • PolkThug
    edited February 2007
    Wow that is bad. I ordered a SurroundBar from Crutchfield. It shipped from VA Monday afternoon, I received it Wednesday morning via UPS ground.

This is probably what I should have done, at least I'd have something in my hands. I could be the first vehicle with a surround bar mounted to the dash.

My new estimated delivery date is tomorrow, we'll see what happens.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited February 2007
    PolkThug wrote:
    I could be the first vehicle with a surround bar mounted to the dash.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA that would be the epitomy of a true Ghetto Blaster!!!
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited February 2007
    Thuggy, you're not alone. CC has an interesting way of shipping. Almost like UPS with their HODGKINS, IN twilight zone. :rolleyes:

fatwalletkw4.jpg

spawngp4.jpg
  • PolkThug
    edited February 2007
    Interesting. Looks like their packages have to go to every "sortation center" before it can go to your house. What a great use of fuel.
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited February 2007
    I hope your package wasn't in there.

Thanks Joe. ;)
    fedupsln1.jpg
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited February 2007
    Follow the actual flow of your package..............it can't arrive at a second center before it leaves the first..........something is really f*cked or you are jerking with us.

It went to WV and MO without ever leaving WI????????????

Looks like 2 separate packages being scanned/shipped on one flow chart.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • PolkThug
    edited February 2007
    Its one package. I got the package, it had some puncture wounds, but nothing got through to the box inside. It looks like they are really lazy about scanning the packages, and lazy about loading and unloading trucks.