It's fing cold!

wodom1
wodom1 Posts: 1,054
edited February 2007 in The Clubhouse
I'm sitting in my apartment in Chicago, about three blocks from Lake Michigan, and it's f-ing cold outide! It's all of 3 degrees and the windchill makes it -28! I want to go out to get some lunch, but the wind coming off the lake is just unbearable. Anyone else having to hunker down inside to stay warm?
"I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
Polk Audio LSiC
Polk Audio FXi30
Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
Sony Playstation 3
Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
Rotel 985 MK II
Rotel 1072 CDP
Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
Post edited by wodom1 on

Comments

• Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited February 2007
    It's about 25 degrees with 20 mph gusts here on the island.
    I want to go out to get some lunch, but the wind coming off the lake is just unbearable.

Time to call and order lunch from the local delivery place:D :D
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • Normanality
    Normanality Posts: 297
    edited February 2007
    wodom1 wrote:
    I'm sitting in my apartment in Chicago, about three blocks from Lake Michigan, and it's f-ing cold outide! It's all of 3 degrees and the windchill makes it -28! I want to go out to get some lunch, but the wind coming off the lake is just unbearable. Anyone else having to hunker down inside to stay warm?

Western suburbs of Chicago....I feel your pain. 2nd floor of an old cape cod with poor insulation.

Guess I shouldn't sell my 2 tube amps. Just fire them back up and get this place toasty once again.

I'm having Di Leo's pizza delivered :D
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited February 2007
    It's 59f damp and windy here... I'm Fing COLD!

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• mikesd
    mikesd Posts: 43
    edited February 2007
    20 degrees/ feels like 6 in Southern Illinois
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited February 2007
    Here by Naperville it's 3 with windchill to -20.......

I'm cleaning and packing for a move.......any of y'all wanna come over and help? lol
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Normanality
    Normanality Posts: 297
    edited February 2007
    brettw22 wrote:
    Here by Naperville it's 3 with windchill to -20.......

I'm cleaning and packing for a move.......any of y'all wanna come over and help? lol

I was suppose to head over to SComp's place in Plainfield today and listen to his new vinyl setup.

Dang electronic tranny on my old car won't shift gears. It's telling me to stay inside. I'm listening.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited February 2007
    Dropping to the mid teens tonight. I already paid Blockbuster and the grocery store a visit, so I'm in for the night. Time to chill a bottle of wine to "warm" me up later.
    No excuses!
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,160
    edited February 2007
    wodom1 wrote:

I'm 60 miles SW ( more W than S) of Chicago proper in Rockford. Just got back from lunch and running some errands and I have a headache from the wind blowing through me just walking back and forth to the car. Temp is the same here it's so 'effing windy. Scary, dangerous type wind. I put a pot roast in the slow cooker and have a movie for this evening. I went out last night to see a local band and froze my **** off. It's supposed to be even colder tomorrow.........too bad the Game isn't being played in Chicago. The cold will NOT interfer with my Superbowl plans. :D
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • RSTERN
    RSTERN Posts: 287
    edited February 2007
    Northeast of Indianapolis, worked outside most of the day today. Not sure what the temp was, but with the wind it was almost unbearable.
    Rob
    mains: rt16
    center: csi40
    surrounds:fx 1000
    sub: SVS 20-39pc+
  • jeremie
    jeremie Posts: 246
    edited February 2007
    yeah its so cold i went mountain biking at 10am, 13 degrees. wasnt to bad till the toes went numb about an hour into it.
    Receiver Yamaha 3070 *Emotiva xpa5 * Behringer iNuke 6000dsp *Monster Cable HTS 3500 -- line conditioner * Panamax 5300 * Apple 4K * Panasonic UB820 * JVC NX5 * Silver Ticket thin bezel 120”
    LSIM - Fronts 707 * Center 706c * Sides 702 * Rear 703 *FP RC85i * RP RC65i * Sub (2) SI HT18
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited February 2007
    Global warming. It has begun... ;)
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited February 2007
    what doesnt kill you makes you stronger:p i should be superman lol
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • heiney9
    edited February 2007
    -8 right now outside with wind chill -28. Good thing I'm cold blooded
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,798
    edited February 2007
    Here, -4 and -25 Wind Chill. brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • heiney9
    edited February 2007
    Right now its -12 wind chill -35. It hurts to breath outside!!!!!
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited February 2007
    -1, feels like -15.....not as cold...but enough for having no school today.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • snow
    edited February 2007
    heiney9 wrote:
    Right now its -12 wind chill -35. It hurts to breath outside!!!!!
    a nice toasty warm -5 here no wind chill. you guys should move to alaska its warmer here.:p REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • heiney9
    edited February 2007
    snow wrote:
    a nice toasty warm -5 here no wind chill. you guys should move to alaska its warmer here.:p REGARDS SNOW

Get back to me by the end of the week, then we will see :D:p
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited February 2007
    Snow - I'll wait until this September to come up! I'll be hunting and fishing in GMU #5 for a couple of weeks!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • snow
    edited February 2007
    dkg999 wrote:
    Snow - I'll wait until this September to come up! I'll be hunting and fishing in GMU #5 for a couple of weeks!
    kaktovik area?
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited February 2007
    Whoops! Make that Alaska GMU# 15. I thought the outfitter had said #5, but they tell me it's actually #15. This is an easy trip for me as others are doing the planning, etc. I just have to show up in Anchorage on Sept.10!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited February 2007
    it hasn't been above zero here since last week...
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited February 2007
    I am surprise Ron-P hasn't drop by to share the temp around Kali. Myself? I'd rather not say.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited February 2007
    7 right now with wind chill at -12
  • noimposse
    noimposse Posts: 264
    edited February 2007
    8 right now......even lower with the 15 mph wind gusts plus the 12+inches of snow for tonight

Classes were cancelled here in Oswego for the first time in 5 years because of snow.....hopefullly again tomorrow because of the intense wind and snow accumulations. Snow is FUN!!!!
    Ghetto Rig
    Power: HK AVR245.
    Screen: LG 24" 1080p.
    Speaks: Rti4.
    Source: PC. PS3. Xbox360.
    Cables: BlueJeans. Monoprice.
  • Roy Munson
    Roy Munson Posts: 886
    edited February 2007
    Sunday it was a chilling 91, today it dropped to a freezing 85! I can't take this anymore..when does summer start.
    2 Channel:
    Amp/Parasound Halo A23
    Pre/Carver C-1
    Tuner/Carver TX-11a
    CDP/Jolida JD 100A
    Turntable/AR XB-Shure V15 III
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited February 2007
    Cold..just cold, Roy.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited February 2007
    Roy thats not right.
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,798
    edited February 2007
    -4 wc -25 this morning at 6.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.