What to say

mrbigbluelight
mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
edited February 2007 in The Clubhouse
I'll have to wait to post a viewpoint on this video.

http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/news/10889747/detail.html
Sal Palooza
Post edited by mrbigbluelight on

Comments

• BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2007
    $25,000 is all she is looking for.......that could easily be a million+ lawsuit. Despite whatever her wrongdoing was, the police cannot deny her medical assistance if she is bleeding and pleading for it.
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited February 2007
    I wish I was her lawyer......:mad:
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2007
    Wow, I just watched the video, absolutely incredible the way those officers treated her.

That could easily be a multimillion lawsuit. Use the money to pay her traffic tickets.
  • wingnut4772
    edited February 2007
    That was some real amateur @#$&. Hell, they were too stupid to even CYA. When someone claims injury at least call rescue to come check them out. What a couple of morons. They should lose their jobs.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited February 2007
    Yep, looks like a career changing situation for the officers! You have to err of the side of caution in that scenario.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    edited February 2007
    $25,000 is all she is looking for.......that could easily be a million+ lawsuit. Despite whatever her wrongdoing was, the police cannot deny her medical assistance if she is bleeding and pleading for it.

Apparently the police can deny you medical assistance as shown in the video.

Maybe more training is required, but there was a female officer there.

Think her accent had anything to do her traetment?

It's always sad when a baby dies.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2007
    bikezappa wrote:
    Apparently the police can deny you medical assistance as shown in the video.

Maybe more training is required, but there was a female officer there.

Think her accent had anything to do her traetment?

It's always sad when a baby dies.

Let's ask Wingnut:D , hey darla, do police have the right to deny you medical assistance if you are pleading for it like that? They atleast have to call fire/rescue team to have you checked out.

For some reason I can't see the police like someone dying as a direct result of their negligence.
  • bikezappa
    edited February 2007
    They held her in jail over night also so many police were involved.

I assume that the reporting is accurate. Maybe it's all a joke, I hope it is.
  • wingnut4772
    edited February 2007
    Let's ask Wingnut:D , hey darla, do police have the right to deny you medical assistance if you are pleading for it like that? They atleast have to call fire/rescue team to have you checked out.

For some reason I can't see the police like someone dying as a direct result of their negligence.

We have protocol to follow in that situation. It's just common sense unless you are a podunk department. It's not like they did not understand her.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited February 2007
    Those cops should be lynched.

I'm sure punitive damages will range in the millions. I just hope she hasn't got some ambulance chaser lawyer that will either totally screw up the case, or just screw her out of the money.

Dang it....the more I think about it the more pissed off I'm getting!!!!!!!!
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2007
    We have protocol to follow in that situation. It's just common sense unless you are a podunk department. It's not like they did not understand her.

If you don't mind me asking, whats the actual protocol? Do you 100% have to call medical if the person asks or is it your discretion?
  • wingnut4772
    edited February 2007
    If you don't mind me asking, whats the actual protocol? Do you 100% have to call medical if the person asks or is it your discretion?
    You have to. In fact, if you arrest someone and they even claim an injury/illness like that the jail won't accept them without medical clearance.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• BaggedLancer
    edited February 2007
    wow, wonder how this one slipped through. I hope it wasn't race/ethnicity related.
  • wingnut4772
    edited February 2007
    wow, wonder how this one slipped through. I hope it wasn't race/ethnicity related.
    Watching that I believe that it may have been.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited February 2007
    Salva has outstanding city warrants for mistreatment of children

Should they lynch her too?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2007
    Unbelievable!!

Im sure the woman aint a model citizen especially with warrants out on her and her story wasnt making much sense so I wouldnt expect the cops to let her go on her merry way but, gawdamighty, how hard would it have been to call an ambulance out there to check the girl out?? They couldve searched the car while it was on its way! Both these cops need to be night managers at the locll 7/11. They were enjoying way too much having some power over a person.

Its like the video several years back where these cops pulled over a man, wife and their 2 kids suspecting them of robbing a bank. Haul them all out and cuff em and sit em on the ground and then when their little beagle jumps out of the car bouncing around and barking, the moron cop shoots it with a shotgun.

A couple days after I defend cops with attitudes, 2 bullies like this show up and I eat crow.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • bikezappa
    edited February 2007
    Should they lynch her too?

No.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    edited February 2007
    I'd have to say Wingnut is an example of what the typical police person is
    and/or should be.

These 2 folks ..... I detest abuse of power.

What they did wasn't a "mistake", or an "oversight", or a "slight lapse in judgement".

Horrible.

And she's only suing for $25,000 ?
    Lawyers are sued for malpractice more than doctors, and whatever behind-the-scenes deal that her lawyer cut with the Kansas City power structure warrants him/her being sued.
    And a new lawyer selected that'll sue the Kansas City Police Department for $10 million plus.

And this incident took place a year ago; what other incidents have occurred in that time that haven't made the news ?

Don't fire those two; demote them, put them on night foot patrol in the worst sections of Kansas City. Make them quit.
    Sal Palooza
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2007
    This happens all the time to non-child abusing mothers of all races that don't have warrants, aren't uninsured with stolen tags, unpaid tickets, and are about to give birth to a 3 month old fetus. :rolleyes:

These guys were wrong, but you should talk to police officers in an inner city sometime. The things criminals (she was) lie about is astounding. Asking for medical attention and not giving it is why they are wrong.

Also, facts are important -- She's looking for $25,000+ (exceeding) in actual damages in addition to punitive damages (which is what awards millions in court).

They didn't kill the baby. There is more going on (narcotics) when you're delivering a preemie 3 months after conception.
  • wingnut4772
    edited February 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    This happens all the time to non-child abusing mothers of all races that don't have warrants, aren't uninsured with stolen tags, unpaid tickets, and are about to give birth to a 3 month old fetus. :rolleyes:

These guys were wrong, but you should talk to police officers in an inner city sometime. The things criminals (she was) lie about is astounding. Asking for medical attention and not giving it is why they are wrong.

Also, facts are important -- She's looking for $25,000+ (exceeding) in actual damages in addition to punitive damages (which is what awards millions in court).

They didn't kill the baby. There is more going on (narcotics) when you're delivering a preemie 3 months after conception.

True. They do lie all the time. I see it everyday. My biggest point was at least CYA. Why take the chance? They did not kill the baby but now they are going to have face an inquiry that could have been avoided by having rescue roll out. Especially..if she has warrants because once you arrest someone..you are responsible for them.

Trust me....I know cops are hardened and for a goooooood reason but that video was amateur hour.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch