Packer Nation rejoice!

zombie boy 2000
zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
edited February 2007 in The Clubhouse
I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
Post edited by zombie boy 2000 on

Comments

• jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited February 2007
    Oh, from the title I figured he actually retired. I don't know if I'd want the albatross around for another year.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited February 2007
    Nooooooooooooo! He needs to go so we can get some new talent! Somebody tell him to retire gracefully and not torture us with another long season :o
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • John in MA
    John in MA Posts: 1,010
    edited February 2007
    Maybe they can get Drew Bledsoe in there to back him up. With Vinny Testaverde as the 3rd string.
  • jdhdiggs
    edited February 2007
    And Aaron Rodgers wastes another year on the bench....
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited February 2007
    Err... sounds like Packer Nation is displeased:D
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2007
    Aaron Rogers came in one series and was out for the year after that. Yeah, he's a great prospect. :rolleyes:

I'm glad he's back, and I think Broncos fans should keep their lips zipped when it comes to QBs. Ya'll got your own issues to sort out down there. :p

Packer fans here are rejoicing, and the poll on ESPN confirms it. Nearly 83% of nationwide voters say they'll make the playoffs after the news with 15,000+ votes. ;)
  • jdhdiggs
    edited February 2007
    No, ask any Bronco fan, we know when a great QB should step down and which QB should/will start for the team next season. :p
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2007
    My feeling, if you think Favre playing is bad for the future of the franchise (of which you're not a fan), that could certainly be debated. If, on the other hand, you feel that Favre just doesn't have the skills anymore, you're welcome to that opinion, just realize that it not only isn't shared by the majority of Packers fans, but it also isn't shared by the vast majority of NFL coaches, executives, teammates or fellow players. If Brett was a free agent he would be snapped up by a team who was a serious contender.

I've watched the guy for 16 seasons, and he's still got it.
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited February 2007
    Demiurge wrote:

Packer fans here are rejoicing, and the poll on ESPN confirms it. Nearly 83% of nationwide voters say they'll make the playoffs after the news with 15,000+ votes. ;)

im guessing 99% of those 83% live in Cheeseville..:D

but the Vikes would die for Favre right now..
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • pacificoastbear
    pacificoastbear Posts: 105
    edited February 2007
    As bizarre as it sounds, I actually like Favre. I have major respect for the guy.

But I'll be glad when he retires, he has owned the Bears for years, not nearly as badly the last few seasons though.

Go Bears.
  • edwardm10
    edwardm10 Posts: 104
    edited February 2007
    As old as he is, Favre is still better than most of the starting QB's in the league. I'd take him in a Bear uniform in a heartbeat ( no disrespect to Grossman ).