The prodigal son returns...

Joelsbass
Joelsbass Posts: 637
edited February 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
be honest, who missed me ;P

anybody even remember me??

*crickets chirping*

hello? is this thing on?
MacLeod: I guess youre lucky Polk has such lax hiring standards.

Josh: Damn skippy!
Post edited by Joelsbass on

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited February 2007
    I did.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Joelsbass
    edited February 2007
    miss me? or remember me?

there's a difference ya know :p

• Jstas
    edited February 2007
    Yes.

• joeaudio26
    joeaudio26 Posts: 97
    edited February 2007
    Did you offer any good audio advice?
    Whatsoever thy handfindeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is nor work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.
  • Jstas
    edited February 2007
    joeaudio26 wrote:
    Did you offer any good audio advice?

Did you?

• joeaudio26
    edited February 2007
    Jstas wrote:
    Did you?
    Alot more than you can interpret !...:D
    Whatsoever thy handfindeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is nor work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited February 2007
    Welcome back Joel SB ****! I don't remember you, but I've only been here a year. I see you're into S&M, good for you.

Lot of J names in this thread.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • Jstas
    edited February 2007
    joeaudio26 wrote:
    Alot more than you can interpret !...:D

I'd respond if I knew what that meant.

As for Joel, he's been here a long time. He arrived under a different name shortly after I did. I can't remember what that name was though. He just changed his name in August of '04. He has offered alot of good advice and his personality and sense of humor were always an asset to the forum. I don't know why there is an air of trepidation about this thread. I'm glad to see Joel back. He left rather abruptly and without explanation.

• joeaudio26
    edited February 2007
    hmmmm....
  • joeaudio26
    edited February 2007
    Maybe, I should of used smaller words?...:rolleyes: o well..
  • joeaudio26
    edited February 2007
    I will refrain from commenting...anymore good day
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited February 2007
    I think the generally forum consensus was that you hit someone with a flashlight and went to jail...good to hear from you again
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Joelsbass
    edited February 2007
    Former name was MTXMan, but i outgrew my solemindedness with the brand and needed a change, i think i was up to 2k posts with that one...

And no, no flashlight Cody, life just got busy and complicated... up untill recently i was actually engaged and raising a daughter, it's amazing how much a paternity test can change your life....

• Jstas
    edited February 2007
    Dude, that's messed up. I'm sorry to hear that you had to deal with something so bogus. But hey, whatever doesn't kill us just makes us stronger, right?

• Joelsbass
    edited February 2007
    Jstas wrote:
    But hey, whatever doesn't kill us just makes us stronger, right?

very true, gotta look at the bright side right :D

anyway, i'm realy enjoying being single atm, got a nice little place, and noone to be responsible for but myself! and with any luck i'll have a nice 42" LCD 1080p HDTV to play my Xbox 360 on in the next month or two :cool:

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited February 2007
    sounds like a plan to me:cool:
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2007
    Look what the cat dragged in!

Good to see ya back posting again Joel.

We need a little more attitude around here. ;)
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Joelsbass
    edited February 2007
    MacLeod wrote:
    We need a little more attitude around here. ;)

Well i've got that if nothing else... bout to start unloading it on my company, new union contract coming up in 3 months and I'm at the top of the list of those organizing the union body... it's gonna be fun :D

• MacLeod
    edited February 2007
    Give em hell!!!

Kinda wish we had a union where I work.
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Joelsbass
    edited February 2007
    MacLeod wrote:
    Kinda wish we had a union where I work.

What do you do? i can have United Steel Workers send an organizer out there :D

• MacLeod
    edited February 2007
    Work for a beer distributor.

Problem is there is only 15 of us at my warehouse.

Our parent company is a monster but we're like the red headed step child of the group. Theyd probably just fire all of us!

• Joelsbass
    edited February 2007
    trust me man, there are a lot of laws on your side that would keep them from just shutting down the warehouse. do some research online on the National Labor Relations Act and try to find out which union would take you. and believe me you don't need a large group to be union (and if there's another part of the company nearby you may be able to join their bargaining unit and be part of their contract.)

And companies don't shut down locations because a unions there, as long as it's still profitable and needed they will keep you around, union or not.

• Jstas
    edited February 2007
    You could probably qualify with a branch of the Teamsters. Just because you only have 15 guys doesn't mean there isn't a larger Local near you that could bring you in. Two of the Locals here have guys at multiple locations covering aout 14 different employers in all.

• Joelsbass
    edited February 2007
    Teamsters may still have a few unusual practices, eg. they negotiate your initial contract for you and all you have a say in is whether or not to accept it. but other than that they're a lot cleaner than they used to be... used to have a pretty bad rep, laborers still has a bad rep...

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2007
    WOW!!!!!! Joel? Is that you?!?!?!

Gosh it's been a long time! I'm sure I'm mixing up a few people, but I remember reading the random thread religiously and laughing 'til my side hurt about double-edged swords, axes, flashlights, and walking through the dark, town, etc.

Seems like I remember your photo, too...which is strange...no, I haven't been stalking you. You were in a tux, and another member said y'all looked a lot a like. But I can't remember who else it was.

Man, now I'm remembering we used to have a LOT more people over here on the CA side of things. Dang. This place is comparatively dead. Actually, it's just plain dead. Those sure were the good ol' days.

Welcome back, dude!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Joelsbass
    edited February 2007
    thanks! it's definately good to be back!

and yes that was me in the Tux, and I still have both the battle axe and my maglight lol