Ah... after 8 years...

VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,567
edited February 2007 in The Clubhouse
Rocking the laptop...

Finally have something beyond 866 mhz! woo hoo
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
Post edited by VR3 on

Comments

• wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited February 2007
    Woo Hoo! Partay!:D
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • VR3
    edited February 2007
    haha, a partay indeed.. now if I can just adjust to this SMALL keyboard - jesus.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited February 2007
    Congrats Trey. What did you wind up getting.
  • VR3
    edited February 2007
    1.6ghz, dual core
    1 gb ddr2 ram
    ati graphics card
    amd processor

Acer...

It seems to be a pretty good computer, very smooth and nice speed. Im running the CPU on medium and its still faster than my desktop.

Good birthday gift from the fajah!
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited February 2007
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited February 2007
    Moving up nice.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• POLKOHOLIC
    POLKOHOLIC Posts: 407
    edited February 2007
    1.6ghz, dual core
    1 gb ddr2 ram
    ati graphics card
    amd processor

Acer...

It seems to be a pretty good computer, very smooth and nice speed. Im running the CPU on medium and its still faster than my desktop.

Good birthday gift from the fajah!

Although I'm an AMD fanboy...the intel core 2 duo's are much better in terms of efficiency and speed. In other words the Intel processors are faster and run cooler.

Regardless, congrats on the new notebook - have fun, I know I would.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited February 2007
    Sid must be doing some Pimpin' on the side with all the dough he's been spending lately.Congrats on the new toy!
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited February 2007
    And I thought he was going to say he finally learned something about good sound....

I kid, I kid...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • VR3
    edited February 2007
    jdhiggs - what is a spud amp?
  • jdhdiggs
    edited February 2007
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • VR3
    edited February 2007
    Are you running your sub with it??
  • jdhdiggs
    edited February 2007
    The PB means "Powered Box" so no... I was running some ADS speakers with it, but it's on its way to UNC today.
  • VR3
    edited February 2007
    ah, randon config of the sig there. I wonder how having a tube amp on a sub would sound?
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited February 2007
    Congrats on moving into 21st Century Technology!

Dude, USB Keyboard and Mouse. Screw that onboard stuff!

John
    No excuses!
  • VR3
    edited February 2007
    I have the USB keyboard and mouse - but I like the ease of being able to just lay around and only use one piece.

Ah well, Ill get use to the keyboard configuration eventually right now its kind of hard. Im already getting alot better at it - but its definitely different from your regular keyboard. The keys all being flat is really hard to adjust to - since you have to technically reach farther to hit the upper keys. Forget hitting numbers - my hands arnt big enough haha
  • jdhdiggs
    edited February 2007
    ah, randon config of the sig there. I wonder how having a tube amp on a sub would sound?

Like crap. Tubes tend to have sloppier bass than their SS counterparts do to their relative lack of damping. You put one to just handle bass? Not a good thing. Plus, bass takes a lot of power and tubes generally don't supply a lot of power.
  • pacificoastbear
    pacificoastbear Posts: 105
    edited February 2007
    wow you are a patient man ... an 866mhz ....

congratz on the upgrade.