Only in North Carolina...

VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,567
edited February 2007 in The Clubhouse
Will they call off school because they are EXPECTING snow...

Forget it actually snowing. :p
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
Post edited by VR3 on

Comments

• Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited January 2007
    They do that in Georgia, too.

On the night before it's suppose to snow, everyone panics and goes to the supermarket to stock up. If it snows, it usually melts by mid day.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2007
    I wish they did that up here when I was in school. We had to have at least 6 inches before they called school. A dusting shuts your whole state down.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,567
    edited January 2007
    Yeah, if it DOES snow tommorow - itll be gone by nighttime, easilly.

Funny stuff...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2007
    Early B. wrote:
    They do that in Georgia, too.

On the night before it's suppose to snow, everyone panics and goes to the supermarket to stock up. If it snows, it usually melts by mid day.

They do that everywhere if you go to the super market the next day all the milk, bread, eggs and toilet paper is gone. TOILET PAPER. . . WTF Talk about panic!
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2007
    Fireman32 wrote:
    I wish they did that up here when I was in school. We had to have at least 6 inches before they called school. A dusting shuts your whole state down.

From 7 th grade to 12th grade in Yeadon Junior/Senior High School, never a day off for snow. . .and we had some dillys of snow storms, lets see that was from 1967 through 1973.
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited January 2007
    They called off the schools in my hometown, too. I don't want college to be out. If we miss a class of Screenwriting, we have to make it up on Saturday. LAMENESS
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited January 2007
    All the kiddies will be out tomorrow around these parts. We got 2" of snow! After living in WI for a couple of years I'm amazed at how we survived winters. Everything shuts down with 2". :rolleyes:
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2007
    Yeah, I just got up and checked, my school's closed! Yes! I so wasn't ready for class...this is a blessing.

But looking outside...I can already see the road in patches where the thin layer of snow has already begun to melt.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520