The Police - Reunion?

AsSiMiLaTeD
AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
edited January 2007 in The Clubhouse
I'm sure that anyone not living under a rock has heard about a possible reunion recently. It looks to be official, they will be playing at The Grammys next month.

I've always despised these awards shows because of what they are and the viewpoint they represent (a bunch of pretentious wussies patting each other on the back for making bagillions of dollars).

However, I will be watching this one for the first time this year in anticipation of a good performance. OK so obviously my distaste of these types of shows based on principle is outweighed by my desire to see these guys perform. I'm not sure what the fact that I'm willing to sacrifice my principles to watch some guys do a few songs says about my integrity, but oh well.

Anyone heard anything about them doing a tour? That's what I'd really like to see. I'll watch them on TV, but I'd really like to see one of their concerts in person.

I wish I'd had the opportunity to see them back in the day when they were younger and still a bit rebellious. I'm sure a bit of their 'rage against the machine' attitude will have been lost with age and maturity, somehow Sting (mr save the rainforest) singing Do Do Do Da Da Da at age 68 or however old he is (I swear he looks as old as Clint eastwood) just doesn't quite compute with me. However, all these guys are still very good at what they do, and I'm sure they'll put on a good show.

If they decide to tour, that'll be the one concert that I'd pay any price within my means to attend. I've attended and missed lots of good concerts over the years, but if this happens it'll be the biggest one for me yet.

What are you guys' thoughts on this? Am I over-hyping a reunion tour, or what would you pay to see it?
Post edited by AsSiMiLaTeD on

Comments

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited January 2007
    Don't know if you were aware of this thread...
    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48817
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2007
    Police are a bunch of geezers. Let's hear some new stuff. BTW Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, and Elvis sucked while we're at it.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited January 2007
    so did Mozart, Bach, and Beethoven...
    Actually, not only do I think I hate music, but I think I hate sounds in general.

Time to go all Van Gogh on my punk ****.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • TennesseeOutlaw
    TennesseeOutlaw Posts: 414
    edited January 2007
    so did Mozart, Bach, and Beethoven...
    Actually, not only do I think I hate music, but I think I hate sounds in general.

Time to go all Van Gogh on my punk ****.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL