Iran attacks US 1/30/07

2»

Comments

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2007
    Let's not jump to conclusions folks.
    Turner Broadcasting is expected to issue an apology for causing today's series of bomb scares throughout Boston. A statement emailed to the Globe from Turner Broadcasting said: "The 'packages' in question are magnetic lights that pose no danger. They are part of an outdoor marketing campaign in 10 cities in support of Adult Swim’s animated television show Aqua Teen Hunger Force. They have been in place for two to three weeks in Boston, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle, Portland, Austin, San Francisco, and Philadelphia. Parent company Turner Broadcasting is in contact with local and federal law enforcement on the exact locations of the billboards. We regret that they were mistakenly thought to pose any danger."
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2007
    I hope the people that did that sick joke die by stoning.

It was publicity for a new cartoon.
    Turner Broadcasting ad campaign for Cartoon Network's Adult Swim animated television program goes awry; NYC-based guerilla marketing company 'Interference' behind debacle...
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited January 2007
    Ha. That actually is kinda funny.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited January 2007
    I never took Frylock, Meatwad, and Master Shake as terrorists...
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2007
    Dr. Weird....duh. ;)
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited January 2007
    haha i found out it was marketing for a cartoon after my posts lol.

Still not a very intelligent marketing campaign.......
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2007
    Of course I do, I am a packrat of the highest order.

Dig daddio

RT1

I kinda remember it being, "Sweet Bippy" . . . I dig cool cat!!!
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    Which is more to the point we should have done something sooner. Can't afford that guy having nukes and staying in power, and we can't afford to be the straw breaker on a revolution in Iran with a nutjob Iranian dictator with nukes.

It's a bad situation.

If Iran were even remotely close to REALLY having nukes, Israel would take them out in a split second. The only reason they left Lebanon was "cold footed" politics but they won't wait for a cookoobo like the Iranian president to actually have the power to blow them off the face of the earth.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    The failure on behalf of the Bush Administration is not having the right plan devised for post major-ops (which were executed briliantly, and all credit goes to the military) between them and their generals. He's admitted to that failure, so I don't know why there's a need to beleaguer the point. The reason Bush isn't going into Iran is because the MSM has rendered it unpopular and Americans have zero resolve.

Right on Demi. . . but the dems and the liberal press won't admit that. . . they are the ones who want to "beleaguer" any points which is causing Americans to have "zero resolve."
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    SLOCOOKN wrote:
    The ammount of political pandering is due to the break up of "traditional" family values. The more we fracture from this the harder it will be to UNITE in the face of danger. Also, take into fact the large amount of ILLEGAL immigrants that have the ACLU and other special intrest groups full attention and both parties trying not to offend the sensibilities of these groups. AMERICA gets lost in the tranlation. :(

Very well put Sloco.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    Next up on the plate to deal with: The French.

EEEEFFFFFFF the French!
  • SLOCOOKN
    SLOCOOKN Posts: 704
    edited January 2007
    fry the French and dip them in ketchup or mayo...:)
    :eek: From the bottom it looks like a steep incline, From the top another down hill slope of mine.:mad: But I know the equilibrium's there!:cool: .."Faith No More" :D
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    AudioQuest Crystal 2 spk wire
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
    VMPS Original Tall Boy (Mega Woofers soon)
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2007
    I never took Frylock, Meatwad, and Master Shake as terrorists...

Hahahahaha
    Boston.com wrote:
    A Massachusetts State Police Bomb Squad officer removed a "Mooninite," from a support column of the Monsignor McGrath Highway. (CJ Gunther / EPA)
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited January 2007
    ... and leave it to the press to whip up a frenzy ... uhhh ... errr ... I mean ... Report
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited January 2007
    I kinda remember it being, "Sweet Bippy" . . ./QUOTE]

Very Intherresting
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2007
    Isn't it 1/31/07 already?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited January 2007
    Mooninites
    Inignot: On the moon, the weekend has advanced beyond your wildest dreams. Weekends now take up the entire week, and jobs have been phased out accordingly.
    Err: We get checks from the government. And we use them to buy beer.

Inignot: You and your third dimension.
    Frylock: What about it?
    Inignot: Oh, nothing, it’s cute. We have five.
    [pause]
    Err: Thousand.
    Inignot: Yes, five thousand.
    Err: Don’t question it.
    Frylock: Oh, yeah? Well, I only see two.
    Inignot: Well, that sounds like a personal problem.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited January 2007
    markmarc wrote:
    Of course we have plans for every country,
    oh oh :eek: :eek:
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited February 2007
    Mooninites

"You have deeply offended us and our god, and our god is a god of vengeance and horror!"
    "And ACTION!"
    "Our god is an Indian who turns into a wolf!"
    "... No, that's Wolfen, man."
    "Oh... well, the Wolfen will come after you with his razor!"
    - Ignignockt and Err, ATHF episode 8: "Revenge of the Mooninites"
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,705
    edited February 2007
    Is this news story the reason our gasoline prices went up 17 cents overnight?
    BullSh!T! I'm so tired of these price gouging oil companies and stations pulling this crap! Oil was at a 3 year low recently and they held on to high gas prices as long as they could, then one news story and wham, back up.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...