Cowboy Fans

daboyz
daboyz Posts: 5,207
edited February 2007 in The Clubhouse
Will it be Norv Turner or one of the other "candidates" Jerry interviewed?
Post edited by daboyz on

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2007
    daboyz wrote:
    Will it be Norv Turner or one of the other "candidates" Jerry interviewed?

I hope it's Norv he is a looooooser??? and I hate Jerry and the Cowgirls.:D
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited January 2007
    Uhhh...Norv was one of the architects behind the Aikman years when the Cowboys stomped the suck-**** Eagles in to the ground at every opportunity and waltzed to the Super Bowl where they soundly beat the Bills three times in a row. I think he'd be the best candidate out of all the possibilities but IIRC, Norv and Jerry did not part on the best of terms and that may play out here. However, he's unavailable right now due to other obligations.

They named Garrett as a coach but he's not head coach yet. They are basically holding him as a backup until they find out if they can find a better candidate for head coach. I think Garrett could do it but he'd put the team back 2-3 years due to his inexperience. I think he'd make a great OC because when he was 2nd stringer to Aikman, he had a great deal of influence in the offensive play book.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited January 2007
    Mike Singletary............that would be interesting.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2007
    Yeah, Norv Turner did just a bang up job with the Redskins and Raiders. ;) If I was an Eagles, Redskins, or Giants fan I'd be ecstatic Norv Turner may be getting the job in Dallas.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    Jstas wrote:
    Uhhh...Norv was one of the architects behind the Aikman years when the Cowboys stomped the suck-**** Eagles in to the ground at every opportunity and waltzed to the Super Bowl where they soundly beat the Bills three times in a row. I think he'd be the best candidate out of all the possibilities but IIRC, Norv and Jerry did not part on the best of terms and that may play out here. However, he's unavailable right now due to other obligations.

They named Garrett as a coach but he's not head coach yet. They are basically holding him as a backup until they find out if they can find a better candidate for head coach. I think Garrett could do it but he'd put the team back 2-3 years due to his inexperience. I think he'd make a great OC because when he was 2nd stringer to Aikman, he had a great deal of influence in the offensive play book.

Atta boy a guy from the area who jumped on the Cowgirls band wagon.
  • Jstas
    edited January 2007
    Atta boy a guy from the area who jumped on the Cowgirls band wagon.

Dude, I've been a Cowboys fan since I was old enough to know football existed. I grew up in NJ but spent a good chunk of time in Dallas with my dad when he was on business. The last time I liked the Eagles, I was a little kid and I went to a game at The Vet. It ended up being miserable and cold. I went to see the Eagles play the Giants. The Eagles got the crap kicked out of them. Just like they did every week. On top of that, I got sick because of it. The only reason I liked the Eagles was because my grandfather liked them but even he was realistic and said they were one of the worst teams in the history of football.

Besides, one of the seven habits of highly effective people is to associate yourself with winners. Any team other than the Eagles could be considered a winner just because they aren't the Eagles. ;)

I also can't stand Eagles fans and I stand squarly with George Grand in the opinion. After watching grown men throw sodas and beer at an 8 year old kid and his grandfather because they were wearing Giants jackets at a Giants game, that's just disgusting. Besides, only Eagles fans are arrogant enough to believe that Dallas gives a hoot at all about the non-existant "rivarly" between the two teams. Only Eagles fans will call everyone who isn't an Eagles fan a "bandwagon rider". :eek: :p

Sorry dude, I've been a Cowboys fan even when it wasn't cool to be a Cowboys fan. Hell, the ONLY Philly team I like is my precious Phillies! I'm not even a Flyers fan. :cool:

• jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited January 2007
    ...coming from another lifelong Cowboys fan, "It's the Eagles. 'Nuff said."
  • daboyz
    edited January 2007
    I'm in the middle of Bear's country so there ain't many 'boys fans around here.
    I think they'll hire Turner as coach to groom Garrett and then hire a good defensive assistant(Singletary?). Turner is a great offensive mind but is sorely lacking on the defensive side.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    Jstas wrote:
    Dude, I've been a Cowboys fan since I was old enough to know football existed. I grew up in NJ but spent a good chunk of time in Dallas with my dad when he was on business. The last time I liked the Eagles, I was a little kid and I went to a game at The Vet. It ended up being miserable and cold. I went to see the Eagles play the Giants. The Eagles got the crap kicked out of them. Just like they did every week. On top of that, I got sick because of it. The only reason I liked the Eagles was because my grandfather liked them but even he was realistic and said they were one of the worst teams in the history of football.

Besides, one of the seven habits of highly effective people is to associate yourself with winners. Any team other than the Eagles could be considered a winner just because they aren't the Eagles. ;)

I also can't stand Eagles fans and I stand squarly with George Grand in the opinion. After watching grown men throw sodas and beer at an 8 year old kid and his grandfather because they were wearing Giants jackets at a Giants game, that's just disgusting. Besides, only Eagles fans are arrogant enough to believe that Dallas gives a hoot at all about the non-existant "rivarly" between the two teams. Only Eagles fans will call everyone who isn't an Eagles fan a "bandwagon rider". :eek: :p

Sorry dude, I've been a Cowboys fan even when it wasn't cool to be a Cowboys fan. Hell, the ONLY Philly team I like is my precious Phillies! I'm not even a Flyers fan. :cool:

Dude, we've been through this already.

Homegrown Cowgirl fans are lower than snake **** in a wagon rut!!! :eek: :D;)
    Jstas wrote:
    Besides, one of the seven habits of highly effective people is to associate yourself with winners.

And being a Phillies fan helps your point with this, how????:confused: The Phillies, and I love them, are and have been except for a short run in the late 70s and early 80s THE WORST baseball team from the ownership, through the management, down to the dysfunctional, disoriented players IN THE HISTORY OF BASEBALL. What would possess you to make that statement.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p
    Jstas wrote:
    Besides, only Eagles fans are arrogant enough to believe that Dallas gives a hoot at all about the non-existant "rivarly" between the two teams.

Eagles fans are not arrogant, we are LOYAL TO THE DEATH!!! Something that Cowgirl fans no nothing about. I worked in Dallas from 1978 through 1986 and my experience with Cowgirl fans are worse than with Giant fans. They will jump ship sooner and save themselves and not let the women and children go first. Go to Dallas today and ask a true blue (no such thing) Dallass fan if they like the Eagles. . . see what answer you get. Ask a Dallass fan if they can get tickets to Eagles games in Irving Texas for the next two years and see what they say.
    Jstas wrote:
    I also can't stand Eagles fans and I stand squarly with George Grand in the opinion. After watching grown men throw sodas and beer at an 8 year old kid and his grandfather because they were wearing Giants jackets at a Giants game, that's just disgusting.

I can understand George G's distain for Eagles fans and Philadelphia overall. He's not from the area and doesn't understand our passion and pain with our teams. I hate the city myself that is why I couldn't get the hell out fast enough but I am proud to be from Philly and LOVE my four sports team throught thick and thin, better or worse.

Beside I have been to many, many, many, sports events, football, baseball, hockey and basketball in many, many, many, cities throughout the country and the same crappola that goes on here goes on elsewhere but it is not publicized like Philly's because of the reputation, I've seen it. I personally witnessed, at a Kansas City Royals game, grown men harass and bring a woman to tears and when the husband/boyfriend spoke up, beat the hell out of her husband/boyfriend because the woman was wearing an Oakland A's jersey and cheering. This occured during George Brett's reign. That was never publicized. NOne of those incidents in other citys are ever or rarely publicized the way it is when Philadelphia fans act up because . . . we have a rep. If a Philly fan farts too loud near a spectator with another teams colors on, it is on the news!!!:p

I still like you Bro and you are welcome in my home anytime . . . but the Cowgirl part of you . . .well . . . and your arguments against Philadelphia. . . :):p

PS: That's Bandwagon Jumper not "bandwagon rider".:D
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    jmwest1970 wrote:
    ...coming from another lifelong Cowboys fan, "It's the Eagles. 'Nuff said."

Arizona Cardinals now there is a great team!!! Oh you're a Cowgirls fan!!! 'NUFF SAID.!!!"
  • Jstas
    edited January 2007
    Sorry, my hometown is Camden, not Philly. It's a different world on this side of the river.

On top of that, most of my post was tongue in cheek. I really not that concerned over a sports team. My paycheck doesn't say "Dallas Cowboys" on it just like yours likely does not say "Philadelphia Eagles". I can't honestly take it that seriously.

So have all the fun you want. I don't really care. No argument over sports was ever won by any side because this is all based on emotion and no facts whatsoever. Your examples are 100% perception and it's impossible to try and produce an argument against it.

As far as what the thread was originally about, I think Norv Turner is a good bet. I also heard that Dan Reeves was begging Jones to give him the job and Jones doesn't want him. I think that's not such a great idea. So given that, I'd like to see Norv as the head coach. They don't need to replace teh defense coach 'cause Dallas had one of the toughest defenses last year. Make Norv head coach and let him call the offense and give the D-coach the game when his guys are on the field.

• hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    Jstas wrote:
    Sorry, my hometown is Camden, not Philly. It's a different world on this side of the river.

On top of that, most of my post was tongue in cheek. I really not that concerned over a sports team.

My tongue is stuck soo far into my cheek that my cheek is about to split.

The Philly area Bro!!!

Jstas wrote:
    My paycheck doesn't say "Dallas Cowboys" on it just like yours likely does not say "Philadelphia Eagles". I can't honestly take it that seriously.

I don't take any of it seriously Dude if I did I would always be all over George instead of having fun with him.
    Jstas wrote:
    So have all the fun you want. I don't really care. .

'cmon' man you're not having fun here???? Since when was anything remotely related to sports talk serious unless of course one was drunk????

There is a difference between PASSION for ones teams and taking any of this seriouness to heart.[/QUOTE]

Jstas wrote:
    As far as what the thread was originally about, I think Norv Turner is a good bet. I also heard that Dan Reeves was begging Jones to give him the job and Jones doesn't want him. I think that's not such a great idea. So given that, I'd like to see Norv as the head coach. They don't need to replace teh defense coach 'cause Dallas had one of the toughest defenses last year. Make Norv head coach and let him call the offense and give the D-coach the game when his guys are on the field.

Okay if you insist; I remember clearly Norv Turner with the Redskins . . . he always looked baffled. He never really seemed to have control over his team, offense or defense.

As far a I, a rabid Eagles fan, am concerned, I hope good ol' boy Jerry the facelift Jones :p hires Norv as head coach. It will go along with his other idiotic moves like bringing T.O. on. He is like George Steinbrenner, he has this incredible ego and feels the need to meddle in the job he hires his head coaches to do. He took an extremely excellant team and made one good decision, Jimmy the hairdo Johnson. After that, that awesome team known as the Dallas Cowboys became the Dallass Cowgirls who noone respects anymore. I remember a time when they really were (self titled though it was) America's team, unless of course your were an Eagles, Giants, Redskins, Cardinal, 49ers, or Bills fan who Dallas rolled over every single year from the mid 1960s to around 1993 at which time he hired that nincompoop Barry Switzer who just rode out Jimmy Johnson's team and then ran them into the ground. From that time on, Facelift's Cowgirls have and will always suck until he sells the team.

But please don't take any of this seriously.:D ;):p
  • jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited January 2007
    Beside I have been to many, many, many, sports events, football, baseball, hockey and basketball in many, many, many, cities throughout the country and the same crappola that goes on here goes on elsewhere....

Very true. There have been many publicized incidents in many cities.

Arizona Cardinals now there is a great team!!! Oh you're a Cowgirls fan!!! 'NUFF SAID.!!!"

Where do you get Arizona? Oh, wait! You don't know you're state abbreviations. :)
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    jmwest1970 wrote:
    Very true. There have been many publicized incidents in many cities.

Where do you get Arizona? Oh, wait! You don't know you're state abbreviations. :)

You got me there Brother!!! AZ foggy contact lens. . . poor excuse!!!

Still another homegrown Cowgirls fan!!!
  • daboyz
    edited January 2007
    The Cowboy's D coordinator went to Atlanta I believe to do the same thing there. By the way, how many rings do them Eagles have? One? And Cards, one of 5 that have never even sniffed at one? 'Nuff said.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    daboyz wrote:
    The Cowboy's D coordinator went to Atlanta I believe to do the same thing there. By the way, how many rings do them Eagles have? One? And Cards, one of 5 that have never even sniffed at one? 'Nuff said.

Yep . . . go ahead live in the past brother just like the Giants fans. . .how many winning seasons have the Girls had in the past ten years!!! Let's talk the here and now...
  • daboyz
    edited February 2007
    On word--Tradition. When your watching Tv thats all they talk about. How this team fared against this team 20 yrs. ago. Is it stupid, yea. The 'boys are hopefully on their way out of a bad spell. The Eagles look to be maybe on their way out of a good spell. Teams only seem to have a couple years to get 'er done before the cap catches up to them. The Eagles have done a great job lately and have a great coach. Dallas is all over the place, so yes lately the Eagles are better but no rings.
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2007
    daboyz wrote:
    On word--Tradition. When your watching Tv thats all they talk about. How this team fared against this team 20 yrs. ago. Is it stupid, yea. The 'boys are hopefully on their way out of a bad spell. The Eagles look to be maybe on their way out of a good spell. Teams only seem to have a couple years to get 'er done before the cap catches up to them. The Eagles have done a great job lately and have a great coach. Dallas is all over the place, so yes lately the Eagles are better but no rings.

The Cowgirls haven't had any "lately" and won't for as long as Facelift owns the team. The Eagles are still on their crest and can get that ring you so hold dear as if you were on the field with them earning it:D :p however long ago that was . . .hmmmm the Raiders have some rings. . . the Kansas City Chiefs has one. . . hmmmmmm they seem to be doing very well. :p :rolleyes: :D I would rather be a RIGHT NOW than a has been, the Cowgirls are has beens.
  • daboyz
    edited February 2007
    Has been is still better than never been. Greatness of teams is judged by championships. Whether it was now or then. You can pile up wins during the season but if you don't win the bowl then you're just another also ran.
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2007
    daboyz wrote:
    Has been is still better than never been. Greatness of teams is judged by championships. Whether it was now or then. You can pile up wins during the season but if you don't win the bowl then you're just another also ran.

You're right, no-one remembers the four Vikings teams or four Bills teams that were in the Super Bowl, just that they lost.
  • pacificoastbear
    pacificoastbear Posts: 105
    edited February 2007
    As a Bears fan I hope they hire Norv Turner. I want Ron Riveria to stay a Bear.