Dentures & Implants

2»

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited January 2007
    I don't think dental insurance covers dental implants. but I could be wrong. and yes everything done to your mouth/teeth is hella expensive. I had a extraction a few months back.. one tooth pulled was $1200 that included one follow up visit.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited January 2007
    MetLife started covering some expenses for implants last year. I guess after 30 yrs they have decided that it is no longer an experimental procedure!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited February 2007
    Talked to the dentist today. $3900 total for upper and lowers, $2000 for each implant ( I would need 2). Waiting on the cost of the Oral Surgeon for cost of the extractions.

Definetly gonna skip the implants for now.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited February 2007
    Get him to describe the process of the implants as well as usually this is not just extract these teeth and put in the implants ... Typically implants are done in several stages i.e. the foundation for them is put in, then later the replacement teeth once the foundation settles down ... This process can take 6-12 months.

From what I recall, $2000 / implant is relatively cheap.
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited February 2007
    Been there, done that. Yes, the process is not quick but it has progressed somewhat. Smaller implants are becoming more readily available but the costs are still veyr high.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D