1.2tls I gotem HOME !!!! 1000 mile road trip

Options
Deadof_knight
Deadof_knight Posts: 980
edited January 2007 in Vintage Speakers
Its great there HOME !!!! I was happy buying them sight unseen but when I physically seen them WOW !!!They sound absolutely Stupendous. They also match my new samsung hdtv perfect.

Thank you HTROOKIE for selling them too me..... :D
:cool: " He who dies with the most equipment wins Right ? "

Denon 3300 Adcom 535 BBe w/sub out 1 pr 4.6s 2 pr of 4 jrs Recent additions Samsung Lns-4095D LCD, Samsung hd-960 DVD, Monster HT-5000 Power center
,HPSA-1000 18" sealed DiY home sub.:D
Black Laquer 1.2tl's w/ upgraded x-overs and Tweets BI-Amped with 2 Carver tfm-35's Knukonceptz 10ga cables
Post edited by Deadof_knight on

Comments

• beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Congrats !!!

1000 mile roadtrip..!
    Now that`s dedication....

1.2 tl`s.....niiiice !

Pic`s....we want pic`s !!
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited January 2007
    Options
    PICS! PICS! PICS!

Congrats! ;)
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • Deadof_knight
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Im taking them as you were writting that last one....hang on Im working on it

Denon 3300 Adcom 535 BBe w/sub out 1 pr 4.6s 2 pr of 4 jrs Recent additions Samsung Lns-4095D LCD, Samsung hd-960 DVD, Monster HT-5000 Power center
    Black Laquer 1.2tl's w/ upgraded x-overs and Tweets BI-Amped with 2 Carver tfm-35's Knukonceptz 10ga cables
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited January 2007
    Options
    AT LAST!!!!!

Your cousin must not be happy...I'm sure they wanted you to forget about them :)

So...how's the wife digging the black lacquer????

Enjoy them.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Woo Hoo
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Deadof_knight
    edited January 2007
    Options
    let see if this works Im in the showcase ,this is fast and sweet I will edit and add more later

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=69102

I went from 2 pair of S8s and soundstream ss-10r for frontal bass to Sda-Srs-1.2tls .

gotta love upgrades but now Im on the top what is left ...........nothing but to enjoy them

And to all that read one of my other posts she digs the black laquer cause it matches the tv....... they are freaking awesome ...think I will call in sick monday to stay home and just listen to them all day !!!!!!

• george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited January 2007
    Options
    looks nice,,congrats and enjoy
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited January 2007
    Options
    congrats! Those really are nice looking.. they look new to me. WTG! that is one massive entertainment center. how tall is that bugger? 8ft or more? just curious.

enjoy your new SRS's. Were they bought from another Polkie ?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Ricardo
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Russ, you should move them a few inches forward so that they are flush with the entertainment center (or even a couple inches ahead..)

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Ricardo
    edited January 2007
    Options
    danger boy wrote:
    Were they bought from another Polkie ?

Where have you been?? :)

SOPA
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited January 2007
    Options
    HTrookie wrote:
    Russ, you should move them a few inches forward so that they are flush with the entertainment center (or even a couple inches ahead..)

Just about to say that myself. It should improve the soundstage even more. Those 8 inches or so will screw with the sound more than you might imagine.

That said, great pics! Congrats!

*edit* I didn't realize how good the RDO's looked with the black. Truly sinister. :cool:
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • Ricardo
    edited January 2007
    Options
    One more thing..I found the carpet spikes; PM me your address and I'll mail them.

SOPA
  • mikesd
    mikesd Posts: 43
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Its great there HOME !!!! I was happy buying them sight unseen but when I physically seen them WOW !!!They sound absolutely Stupendous. They also match my new samsung hdtv perfect.

Thank you HTROOKIE for selling them too me..... :D

I have to agree. WOW!!!
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Congrats enjoy!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Congrats Russ! Enjoy your new SDA's!!!
    Carl

• hangon
    hangon Posts: 228
    edited January 2007
    Options
    I wish they were mine! I am still looking for deal close to me. Enjoy them!
    HT Theater

SRS-SDA 2.3tl RDO's
    Custom Center made out of a RTA15tl
    Pioneer Elite SC-25 Receiver
    CineNova Grande 5 channel Amp
    Klipsch KA-1000-THX Sub Amp
    (2)Klipsch KW-120-THX Subs

Basement System

SRS-SDA 1.2 upgraded Xover
    Pioneer Elite SC-25 Receiver
    ADCOM GFA 5500
    ADCOM GFA 5503
    Yahama P7000S Pro Audio Amp
    dbx 120x-ds Sub-harmonic Synthesizer
    2-JBL 4645C Subs
    1-Paradigm SW2200 Sub
    Klipsch Reference in wall's
  • Deadof_knight
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Hey thanks for the advise on the placement ,wasnt real sure exactly where to put themdepth wise.

Hey Danger its 8.5 feet tall Built in. Just about got it equipment friendly.Im gonna mount two 80mm fan in the top to help pull air in through the stereo side from the bottom Ive vented every shelve when I reinstalled everything.

The center below the tv is all dvds and cds storage. The left bottom has my Monster ht-5000 in it along with multiple stereo accessories cords extra grille clothe and so on .... couple boxes full of extras tweets hehehe..... and the right side past the tv is all the wifes stuff...... uggg I wanna take it over but she was nice enough to let me have the other stuff so Im good ...hehehe we all know how that goes ?

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2007
    Options
    HTrookie wrote:

Beautiful, welcome to the 1.2 TL club. . . actually you should have the fronts edge of the speakers where the drivers are no less than 2" forward of anything that is in between them.

I wanted those bad boys but would have had to drive more than 1000 miles. Heck you out-did me, I drove 700 miles round trip to get mine.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    Options
    HTrookie wrote:
    One more thing..I found the carpet spikes; PM me your address and I'll mail them.

Get MYE Sound brass spike they are much better than the stock spikes.

Here is the link. The brass point pictured in the middle is what I have.
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited January 2007
    Options
    DAMMIT. . .is all I can say! lol Great speakers...I can only hope a pair come up somewhere soon. I'd drive that distance ONE way to get a set of 1.2TL's! Hell, I once bought a 1993 Mustang Cobra and flew from Tulsa to Seattle and drove it back 2300 miles in 3 days. All for the obsession. lol

Congrats on the new SDA's!

Edit: COOL! That was my 100th post and I didn't even realize it till I posted it.:D I'm a "Polkster" now!
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    Options
    avguytx wrote:
    DAMMIT. . .is all I can say! lol Great speakers...I can only hope a pair come up somewhere soon. I'd drive that distance ONE way to get a set of 1.2TL's! Hell, I once bought a 1993 Mustang Cobra and flew from Tulsa to Seattle and drove it back 2300 miles in 3 days. All for the obsession. lol

Congrats on the new SDA's!

Edit: COOL! That was my 100th post and I didn't even realize it till I posted it.:D I'm a "Polkster" now!

Damn Sam you just made me realize I past 2000 posts and am now a "Polkologist." Jeezzzz I did that in six months, I need to get another life.
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Damn, i just want 1 pair. My time WILL come!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Congrats man they look great. One day I will own a pair, one day.
  • dcoil
    dcoil Posts: 153
    edited January 2007
    Options
    You don't find speakers that have been taken care of and look like that very often! Nice to have a forum like this, with some great people willing to share advice, experience, and even part with beautiful speakers! Enjoy!

Also, can you describe how the sound of the 1.2's is improved over your old system?
    SDA SRS modded: X’ovrd, de-polyed, inductorized, interconnectorized, re-posted, dynamited, RDO’d, spiked, gasketed, ringed (Larry's), and grill cloth blinged! Done this on my own? Not a chance. Thanks to Raife and all who forged easy to follow upgrades. At least a 100% improvement in sound and my personal listening pleasure! :cheesygrin:Pass XP-10 preamp, Parasound A21 amp, Pioneer Elite DV-58AV (Ric Shultz modded), Audioquest Sky IC's, No longer need my Sunfire sub after mods...
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,908
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Enjoy...nice seeing happy campers jacked up!!:)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Deadof_knight
    edited January 2007
    Options
    I would like to think mine sounded real good. I did upgrades to the s8s swapping the old tweets to some ls-70 tweets. I tried several set of coils and caps on the crossovers. I also had to spend countless hours trying to get my frontal bass timed with my sub under the stairs. I also tweaked with the loudenss and crossover points on my 3 subs a 10" a 12" and a velodyne 15" I will say it was fun but frustrating as well. It has been stated that it sounds real nice bye plenty of my friends and family. Most of them couldnt understand why I wanted the 1.2s.
    There was instantly better mid bass warmer and more taunt than my old setup. tweets crystal clear with out being too much. Detailed is a good word. I took both set of s8 and the frontal subs out put my 1.2 in there place DAMN ! is what I said. They look very impressive and cleaner than the old, like nice furniture
    and they can back it up too. I hooked up one tfm-35 and was impressed cant wait to hook up the other and bi-amp. the depth is better and they seem to play the full range of music better. meaning types of music. I luv em !!!

Now I can distribute the old speakers to the pool room or our bedroom !! YEAH maybe put in a pole tooo muhahaha

Now where do I go from here this is the top of the hill right ?